Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm A Cyborg, But That's Okay

It's a Korean movie ( it has subs ) that's one of the weirdest movies I've seen. That, or I haven't been watching a lot. whee
Brazil
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Wristcutters: A Love Story
Donnie Darko
A Clock Work Orange
EraserHead

EraserHead is the stranges most nightmarish s**t Iv ever seen in my life, the images in that movie shall never leave your head

6,600 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Astrid Fay
I like really weird movies. Like "What the hell what just happened?" stuff. Anything that screws with perception of reality or is extremely surreal or philosophical. The gorier the better, though I hate just hack and slash serial killing stuff. I just want bizarre and strangely filmed. And I like them to be dark.
And nothing generic like Waking Life, Pi, Doom Generation Dark City, etc.
Please and thank you. =)

May.
Watch it.
It's amazing.
Best horror flick I've seen since Blair Witch.
OH! And how could I forget

The Evil Dead series. Good ol gross ''WTF" dark comedy

SPOILER: About 15 mins into the first one a chick gets raped by a possesed forest, nuff said

5,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Peter Jackson's Dead Alive/Braindead
The Refrigerator
Turkish Star Wars
Brazilian Star Wars
Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky (spoiler and highlight for it: middle of a fight, a dude tries to strangle the main character... with HIS OWN INTESTINES.)
Brazil
A Clockwork Orange
Institute Benjamenta
Eraserhead
Mullholland Dr. (terrible film, with no ******** point. David Lynch trolls his own audience, but if you want a pointless hour and a half nonlinear film, this is one.)
Ed Wood
Jacob's Ladder
Street of Crocodiles
City of Lost Children

7,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • First step to fame 200
Not a huge fan of Delicatessen, but I'll totally recommend City of Lost Children. Jeunet is pretty much the King of Weird, especially when he's with Caro. Jean-Pierre Jeunet is my favorite director EVER.

Definitely seconding, thirding, whatever-ing Brazil. That movie is a trip and a half. It feels a little long at times. I also like Imaginarium, but it channels Baron Munchausen more than anything. I think I'd recommend Baron Munchausen instead. It's basically Imaginarium done better. (Though I do love Johnny Depp in Imaginarium).
After going through my collection, I only came up with two more:
Perfect Blue
Goldfish Memory-not scary or gory or anything. It's a completely mundane Irish dramady but the way all the stories come together was petty wild.
Taxidermia and The Human Centipede. They both have a big WTF factor.
And if you want REALLY disturbing? Check out Begotten.

Dapper Conversationalist

How about Gummo?
whateverfloats
How about Gummo?
Oh Gummo made me feel dirty. Good suggestion.
User ImageAnd enough for me that when my hand touched your shoulder, you leaned on me;
And when you felt me slip away, you called my name.
For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.

.:!.:.| Mirrormask, Catacombs, May, Infection (Japanese), Stay, and... Jacob's Ladder. : 3 |.:.!:.

User Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dream the impossible dream. Fight the unbeatable foe.
Strive with your last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable star.
If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.
Perfect Blue

Paprika

and perhaps everything in this thread
Oh, how could I have forgotten Gummo?!

"Well I love my little rooster, and my rooster loves me...gonna love my little rooster 'neath the green bay tree..."

I love that song. Used to sing it at work. Drove people nuts with the animal noises. rofl

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff