Welcome to Gaia! ::

MyDarlingVendetta
Astrid Fay

You might like The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Here's a couple of the scenes from the movie in case you've never heard of it;
"Sweet Transvestite" scene - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc80tFJpTuo&feature=related
"Hot Patootie Bless My Soul" scene - ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXeNqwNC5Y0&feature=related

<3
You should check out The Cell.

Rhianna's Husband

I'm not sure if anyone said this one or not, but for strange movie factor, check out Taxidermia. Very random Hungarian movie. My recommendation is to not be eating during it.

Backwoods Mage

13,850 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Bad Boy Bubby. Bizarre, thought-provoking, and pretty funny. I would recommend it to anyone; it's one of my favorite films.

Vicious Elder

8,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Beta Citizen 0
The Dead- It's a fairly 'fresh' zombie movie set in South Africa, does a really good job of simultaneously following the general zombie movie plot and rules without feeling stale. Possibly the best zombie film of the last 10 years.

Dog Soldiers- a fantastic British werewolf film. If you haven't seen it, you should have.

Heartless- Another British one, honestly the less I say about it the better the experience, just get a copy and watch it with no knowledge of what it is for the full experience.

Ginger snaps & assorted sequels- Hit & miss, personally I love all three but some people can't get into them.

Red State- Imagine Pulp Fiction meets Superbad meets Saw, meets Inside Man.

Hunter Prey- A ******** amazing piece of sci-fi amazingness. Honestly one of my favourite films of the last decade.

Choke- Adaptation of the book by Chuck Palahniuk (The guy who wrote fight club). About a sex-addict who thinks he is the second coming of Jesus.

Destitute Faun

34,240 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Budding Witch 250
I greatly second Naked Lunch. I caught myself saying, "What? I don't even, what?" out loud, and I was watching it by myself. It's part novel adaptation with some elements of William Burrough's life added in.
Being John Malkovich is also a pretty strange one. It's a pretty long movie and takes a little bit to get into it but I'd recommend it. Happiness was really good but disturbing. I watched it not knowing it was a pitch black comedy.

Most that I would recommend have already been listed; Martyrs (French) A Tale of Two Sisters (Korean), Ichi The Killer (Japanese), Gummo, Sweet Movie, El Topo, Heavy Traffic, Begotten.

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
HOLY COW! You people are honestly beautiful for knowing most of these films. Disturbing/horror/strange are my kind of movies but I'm kind of disappointed I don't have much to recommend since all the ones I could think of are already covered and I'd hate to be repetitive but I got one left I think that I'll leave you with.

Womb ( 2010 ) :
A woman's consuming love forces her to bear the clone of her dead beloved. From his infancy to manhood, she faces the unavoidable complexities of her controversial decision.

I haven't seen it yet but the preview managed to make me uncomfortable and yet super curious to see how it all turns out so yeah if anyone has the balls or attention span to watch it.. tell me what you think?

P.S. Yeah Matt Smith is in it.. The new Doctor Who but don't let that scare you off it still looks good even though he's him..and no offense if you love him though that gives you even more reason to see it then!

Oh oh. I just remembered another film that I don't remember being mentioned so sorry if it was.

Deadgirl ( 2008 ) :
Two high school boys discover an imprisoned woman in an abandoned mental asylum who cannot die.

The description is sort of not at all giving you a good impression of what to prepare for.. but it's definitely strange that is all I'll say just because I'll ruin it or make it sound lame. *backs away slowly*

Prophet

Nowhere. its one huge acid trip.
Don't know if it's been suggested but try Mirrormask.
It's really strange but so good.

Dapper Prophet

The Human Centipede biggrin

Dapper Prophet

Cyborg Hannah
HOLY COW! You people are honestly beautiful for knowing most of these films. Disturbing/horror/strange are my kind of movies but I'm kind of disappointed I don't have much to recommend since all the ones I could think of are already covered and I'd hate to be repetitive but I got one left I think that I'll leave you with.

Womb ( 2010 ) :
A woman's consuming love forces her to bear the clone of her dead beloved. From his infancy to manhood, she faces the unavoidable complexities of her controversial decision.

I haven't seen it yet but the preview managed to make me uncomfortable and yet super curious to see how it all turns out so yeah if anyone has the balls or attention span to watch it.. tell me what you think?

P.S. Yeah Matt Smith is in it.. The new Doctor Who but don't let that scare you off it still looks good even though he's him..and no offense if you love him though that gives you even more reason to see it then!

Oh oh. I just remembered another film that I don't remember being mentioned so sorry if it was.

Deadgirl ( 2008 ) :
Two high school boys discover an imprisoned woman in an abandoned mental asylum who cannot die.

The description is sort of not at all giving you a good impression of what to prepare for.. but it's definitely strange that is all I'll say just because I'll ruin it or make it sound lame. *backs away slowly*

Whoa O.O womb sounds interesting.
I must see this womb movie...
Videodrome for the sheer weirdness of it.

El Topo, weirdest western ever especially for it's time

Kontroll, a bizarre hungarian film well worth a watch

Bad Boy Bubby

Harold and Maude
Video Drome
Eyes Without A Face
House (1977 I think)
Happiness
Spork (not a good movie, but really weird)
Jacobs Ladder

Lonely Phantom

10,100 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
I agree, most of these movies are pretty great. but one i don't realy see on here is

This one.

also, i have to say i LOVE Dark City, it has to be one of my all time favorites.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff