Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anyone else see this yet? I just finished watching it. Wanted to spread word that is, Bunraku.

I really dug the style, the bright colours and the way it could easily become a fantastic play. I'd go to the theatre more often if it had shows like that!

Gackt is also a reason to watch it.
My friend and I watched it the other week.
I thought the style and everything was pretty cool, but the ending wasn't as good as I hoped. :c
xLeech Jar
My friend and I watched it the other week.
I thought the style and everything was pretty cool, but the ending wasn't as good as I hoped. :c

Yeah, mildly generic. But I was worried quite a bit for yoshi.

The fight scenes were really awesome though.
I wonder if they have a play based on this yet?
Why is this the title of it?

Shameless Hoarder

User Image
I watched it some time ago, and I enjoyed it

but.. Gackt just looked so uncomfortable in all his scenes
D:

User Image
foxxy_demon
I really dug the style, the bright colours and the way it could easily become a fantastic play. I'd go to the theatre more often if it had shows like that!
Do you mean it's set up like theatre?
I noticed the buildings would move around in the trailer

Mssr Miles's Wife

Generous Gekko

I'm watching it now. Looks good so far.

Edit:

Just finished it. It was what I would call "subtly good". Not amazing, but good enough that I mostly paid attention. Mostly. After a while, I just zoned out and browsed the web during the fight scenes. Other than that, it was pretty good. Perhaps it deserved a little more attention than what it got, though. I've been waiting for this movie to come out since...2007(ish), and I only just now found out that it was released straight to DVD.

Though, I was expecting a theatrical release. Guess it's better this way. I don't have to sit next to some smelly JPop fan who would probably go into some seizure every time Gackt spoke.
I really liked it and plan to buy it for my collection at some point. The action scenes were fun and I liked how you could be afraid for some of the characters at points.
la balena
Why is this the title of it?

If I'm correct, I think Bunraku is the japanese word for "shadow puppet" or maybe "shadow play"?
One of those.
It's a type of performance on stage anyways.
cerebral ulcer
User Image

D:

User Image

haha maybe he was nervous? I think it's his first american production. He speaks english good though. Wonder if he'll start getting jobs on this side of the ocean?
la balena
foxxy_demon
Do you mean it's set up like theatre?
I noticed the buildings would move around in the trailer

Yeah, that and the sets looked like the sets you'd see at a play. Also, there was at least one moment where the lighting changed from a yellow light to a blue hue.

Shameless Hoarder

foxxy_demon
cerebral ulcer
User Image

D:

User Image

haha maybe he was nervous? I think it's his first american production. He speaks english good though. Wonder if he'll start getting jobs on this side of the ocean?
User Image

Yeah, it was his first english movie - but not his first movie, so I don't know why he'd be so nervous.

Ah well~ he probably will. Long as he gets that nervousness under control, haha.

User Image
Velveteen Hare
I'm watching it now. Looks good so far.

Edit:

Just finished it. It was what I would call "subtly good". Not amazing, but good enough that I mostly paid attention. Mostly. After a while, I just zoned out and browsed the web during the fight scenes. Other than that, it was pretty good. Perhaps it deserved a little more attention than what it got, though. I've been waiting for this movie to come out since...2007(ish), and I only just now found out that it was released straight to DVD.

Though, I was expecting a theatrical release. Guess it's better this way. I don't have to sit next to some smelly JPop fan who would probably go into some seizure every time Gackt spoke.

I agree about the subtly good. I think it's definitely a neat visual style. But sorta regular story, just switching the regular characters with oddballs.
I learned about it a little later than you did, 'bout a year and a half ago? I remember getting excited because it did do the film festival thing but didn't go anywhere else really. Took it about a year to go from that to the dvd/blu ray release.

lol jpop fan. I was pretty excited about Gackt, but I kinda forgot he existed. I would like to see him in more american movies, he seems to enjoy it, and he's got a good english accent.
x Varda x
I really liked it and plan to buy it for my collection at some point. The action scenes were fun and I liked how you could be afraid for some of the characters at points.

Yeah, I'm askin' it for christmas this year for sure. whee
Now I'm going to have something to watch Gackt in besides MoonChild.

My only real complaint about the movie was the fact that the climactic fight against Ron Perlman's character at the end was so... anti-climactic. I was hoping for more with that confrontation.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff