Welcome to Gaia! ::

i dont think there is enough credit being givin to the unsigned artists in hip hop.
so please feel free to leave lovely comments telling me why you love underground hip hop biggrin

kk
XOXOXO heart
Can I just start by saying THANK YOU!

I was thinking the same thing earlier today, debating whether or not I should even post in this section of the forums! It seemed like the only thing that was labeled 'indie' was bands, with instruments and all that. I'm glad someone else has the same thinking as me haha

I'm an unsigned artist, independently working on all of my music and promotions; grassroots music work haha as far as unsigned artists go, you have TechN9ne and Immortal Technique as two perfectly fine examples of what solo/individual work can do for someone whose passionate about REAL hip-hop.
Eken

I was thinking the same thing earlier today, debating whether or not I should even post in this section of the forums! It seemed like the only thing that was labeled 'indie' was bands, with instruments and all that. I'm glad someone else has the same thinking as me haha

I'm an unsigned artist, independently working on all of my music and promotions; grassroots music work haha as far as unsigned artists go, you have TechN9ne and Immortal Technique as two perfectly fine examples of what solo/individual work can do for someone whose passionate about REAL hip-hop.

i was going thru looking for the hip hop thread and NOTHING showed up...
im a lil disappointed by this to be honest.

i work with alot of artists in denver arizona and portland and theyre ALL unsigned and happy being unsigned. the craziest part is theyre ALL hip hop artists...
i know when people think indie they think rock but naaaaaaa i think hip hop. cause main stream is a disaster at this point. its gonna take a miracle to bring it back.
brey j
Eken

i work with alot of artists in denver arizona and portland and theyre ALL unsigned and happy being unsigned. the craziest part is theyre ALL hip hop artists...
i know when people think indie they think rock but naaaaaaa i think hip hop. cause main stream is a disaster at this point. its gonna take a miracle to bring it back.

Insta-respect. Idk there aren't a lot of support in the indie artist field ( I wonder why ) there is a lot of attention to doing something and being someone under a label. I don't get it. Conformity is tyranny.

That's legit! I take trips up to Denver to do just that! Get affiliated with people and what not out there, the scene is big. There's truth up there. Agreed fully! I mean, can we really relate to anything in music now? It's all... foolish really. Our society has fallen to foolishness.

If there's anything you can tell me to help, either the music or the name behind it, please let me know!
Eken
brey j
Eken

Insta-respect. Idk there aren't a lot of support in the indie artist field ( I wonder why ) there is a lot of attention to doing something and being someone under a label. I don't get it. Conformity is tyranny.

That's legit! I take trips up to Denver to do just that! Get affiliated with people and what not out there, the scene is big. There's truth up there. Agreed fully! I mean, can we really relate to anything in music now? It's all... foolish really. Our society has fallen to foolishness.

If there's anything you can tell me to help, either the music or the name behind it, please let me know!

just keep working on your music. stay YOU. dont try and be anyone else. people can see when youre just faking it. Network like a mofo too. be nice to everyone stay humble but dont fall for bull s**t. theres alot of artists that arent about s**t and theyll swear up and down their mixtape is gonna drop any day now... dont be that artist lol. theres ALWAYS room to progress so when someone gives you negative feed back question them on what they think you can work on. dont get up in your feelings learn from it. and no one has haters. no one. idgaf what anyone says... if they hate on you its cause you might honstly need to fix something.
That's the plan! Move forward at 100%, and hit everything a 360 degrees haha I want to try and cover as many styles as I can. I try to work with Dubstep, Trance, Glitch Hop, Hip-Hop, Rap, Alt. Rock, all that stuff really.

The next move forward is to make a mixtape so I have something to show people, an image or something you know?
Eken
That's the plan! Move forward at 100%, and hit everything a 360 degrees haha I want to try and cover as many styles as I can. I try to work with Dubstep, Trance, Glitch Hop, Hip-Hop, Rap, Alt. Rock, all that stuff really.

The next move forward is to make a mixtape so I have something to show people, an image or something you know?

find a style that is you. as an example of mainstream that didnt work... lil wayne thinking he was a rockstar... i think everyone in their right mind will agree he just shouldnt do rock music... ( and in my opinion music in general)

so get a feel for the style that can express you the most that you can produce more quality work over quantity...

a mix tape is great... when you get that out start hitting local venues and try and get on with them...
also make friends with artists. #1 they can prolly relate with you on a better level than most and #2 theyll invite you to collab and do shows if they like your work.
brey j
Eken

find a style that is you. as an example of mainstream that didnt work... lil wayne thinking he was a rockstar... i think everyone in their right mind will agree he just shouldnt do rock music... ( and in my opinion music in general)

so get a feel for the style that can express you the most that you can produce more quality work over quantity...

a mix tape is great... when you get that out start hitting local venues and try and get on with them...
also make friends with artists. #1 they can prolly relate with you on a better level than most and #2 theyll invite you to collab and do shows if they like your work.

Well, see, that's what I figure, if I go and stick my hands foreign waters, I might be able to get a grasp of who I am musically, ya know?

I like to paint verbal pictures and inform people, seems like a lot of what was music is dead. The beauty in it is dead.

Agreed! I'm going to be in a local showcase out here, thank god! I have a team of people I work with that are all new and what not, we're pretty much helpin each other out haha

Big Fairy

Does this count? rolleyes rolleyes

3,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Trader 100
  • Autobiographer 200
I wouldn't exactly call Tech 9 "indie-hiop-hop" considering he's a bit of a sell out, but here are a few:

Pharcyde
Jedi Mind Tricks
People Under The Stairs
Immortal Technique
atmosphere
Tyler The Creater

all I can think of right now rolleyes

Beloved Millionaire

8,100 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
`Jooni.
I wouldn't exactly call Tech 9 "indie-hiop-hop" considering he's a bit of a sell out, but here are a few:

Pharcyde
Jedi Mind Tricks
People Under The Stairs
Immortal Technique
atmosphere
Tyler The Creater

love love love Atmosphere and Pharcyde. Some of my favorites right now. =3
`Jooni.

Pharcyde
Jedi Mind Tricks
People Under The Stairs
Immortal Technique
atmosphere
Tyler The Creater

i value your imput and most of these artists are onderful examples... such as atmosphere. but tyler the creator is on the radio while i have never heard any of these other artists reach the radio but are amazing and prolly have a stronger more loyal fan base.

Versatile Member

7,375 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Hell. Yeh.
brey j
`Jooni.

Pharcyde
Jedi Mind Tricks
People Under The Stairs
Immortal Technique
atmosphere
Tyler The Creater

i value your imput and most of these artists are onderful examples... such as atmosphere. but tyler the creator is on the radio while i have never heard any of these other artists reach the radio but are amazing and prolly have a stronger more loyal fan base.

I've never heard Tyler on the radio

Novi Novak ( unsigned, Produced himself. )

The Jokerrâ„¢ ( Juggalo. )
Kills "Tha joker."

Diabolic ( War Horse Records ) (He owns it.)

Immortal Technique (Viper Records)

Hopsin (Funk Volume)
Dizzy Wright (Funk Volume)
SwizZz (Funk Volume )

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items