Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Explorer

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Regular 100
sense_and_disability
JI a r v i s
Mine's Mesita And Beirut(Well...Beirut Not So Much, But Definitely Mesita~)

Are any of the members of Mesita in The xx? They sound really similar...but really similar to me...

There's actually just one member in Mesita and it's James Cooley, but I do agree that the sound is greatly similar to The xx. ^^

Friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ_b9m4e3Xs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpHEc-deOd8

I don't know if this band even exists. I can only find two of their songs on youtube, but I can't find their music anywhere else. My boyfriend bought their CD from a used shop at random.... some Polish indie band that I'm really confused as why they don't have more listeners... They have like 405 listeners on Last.fm, wtf.
I just recently head about Esperanza Spalding whee . She plays bass and cello, and she is also a singer. Other than her, a really obscure artist is Jaque Beatz

Tipsy Smoker

Johnny Reno and the Vice Machine. Nice grungy heavy rock from Portland, OR.
This might not count because I only have one song by them, but according to the Obscurometer, it's a (pretty decent) Nepalese thrash metal band called 72 Hrs, who get 99.3%. The most obscure band I actually have a full album of is Mitothyn, at 99%.
This Shenco guy needs a deal ASAP
the amigos are obscure, they are also me

The Amigos

Invisible Gaian

7,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Seeming scores a 97.8% on the obscurometer, which isn't surprising since their debut* just came out 9 days ago.

but this is why I don't expect it to stay that low for long.

My second-place is 93.9% with The Northern Territories.

*actually they're ex-members of the same former band starting over under a new name

Dapper Fatcat

paper airplanes
they only released one album, but it had a great flow and interesting content

oh ok wait actually the down home southernaires also a one album group, but that being said it's fun, layered and witty.

Both severely underrated and worth mentioning

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games