Welcome to Gaia! ::

In a relationship with my viola

Greedy Capitalist

12,550 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Champion 300
this is truthfully difficult
florence and the machine, foster the people, panic! at the disco, metric, hudson
half of these aren't even that indie anymore i swear

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
Souvenir de Florence
florence and the machine, foster the people, panic! at the disco, metric, hudson

Especially Florence and Foster the People, they've just blew up.
The best? Hmm let's see.
Grouplove, Young the Giant, Mumford and Sons, Florence and The Machine, Modest Mouse, Lilly Allen, The Ready Set, MGMT, Adele, Cold War Kids, Foster The People, Fleet Foxes, Ingrid Michaelson, and many more. heart heart heart heart

In a relationship with my viola

Greedy Capitalist

12,550 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Champion 300
-X-Scarlett-Rapture-X-
Souvenir de Florence

Especially Florence and Foster the People, they've just blew up.

exactly my sentiments

Gambino Businessman

12,450 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Radio Free Universe
uhh

Tegan and Sara, The Joy Formidable, Jessica Lea Mayfield, Fences, Sharon Van Etten (!!!), these are my giiiirlz

Prophet

I didn't see Fleet Foxes on that list..
For me... The Horrors, We were Promised Jetpacks, Les Savy Fav, Beirut, The National, The Voom Blooms, Atlas Sound, Grizzly Bear, Broken Social Scene, Tokyo Police Club, Minus the Bear...

These are some of my favorites...

5,600 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
The Dodos, The Antlers, Micah Buzan, The Zolas, Sleep Party People

Wheezing Ladykiller

11,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Don't let yourself think that you control....

Florence and The Machine,Two Door Cinema Club, Mumford and Sons, Cage the Elephant, MGMT, Adele, Best Coast, The Naked and Famous, Bon Iver, Foster the People, Panic! At the Disco, La Roux, Lykke Li, 30 seconds to Mars, Of Verona, Husky, Kids of 88, Birdy, and Neon Indian.
I like a lot more, just felt i was being a bit boring there.

anything besides, the way you live your life.
Bear hands, geographer, vacationer, cold cave, cut copy, miike snow, the ting tings, of monsters and men, the tough alliance, two door cinema club, capital cities, bag raiders, mndr, holy ghost, the knife, gardens and villa, architecture in helsinki, foster the people, hot chip, tan lines. Those are my favs... In no particular order lol

Familiar Friend

5,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
If you're looking for an Electronica artist, try:
Moby
Wax Tailor
RJD2
The Avalances

If you're looking for something with a good hook with a woman's voice, try:

The Bird And The Bee
Metric
The Softies
Norah Jones (Although she really isn't Indie)

If you're looking for an Americana feel, go for:

The Mother Hips
Neil Young (Again, not Indie, but still appropriate to the Americana genre)
Hem
Sufjan Stevens

I have lots more, but these are the three genres I'm currently listening to that are Indie. =)

Sparkly Ladykiller

Updating my list(I'm "misakii" hah, but I don't use the profile, anyways) with a decent number of bands: FOALS(they always will be in my heart <3), The Horrors, M83, Grouper, Girls, The Drums, Lana Del Rey, Icona Pop, SoKo, Lykke Li, One Night Only, A Place to Bury Strangers, Japanther, Gang Gang Dance, HEALTH, CSS, Bonde do role, The Postal Service, Crystal Castles(though i think they're mainstream now haha), Warpaint, Le Tigre, Broder Daniel, Devendra Banhart, Beirut, Tame Impala, The Shins, The Kooks, The Raveonettes, Metric, The XX, The Vaccines, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Phoenix, The Do, Soap&Skin, Sigur Rós, Jónsi, Right Away, Great Captain!, Princess Chelsea, Priroda(great russian band, y'all should search for their bandcamp profile!!!), Animal Collective, Patrick Wolf, Panda Bear, Ödland, Metric, Margot & the Nuclear So and So's, Little Joy, LCD Soundsystem, Architeture in Helsinki, Freelance Whales, Digitalism, Camera Obscura, Carissa's Wierd, Surfjan Stevens and well, my list is huge, but for now I think that's all. hahaha Maybe one day I make a new update. :3
Half the ones you listed aren't even indie. Since when is MGMT, Adele, Panic! or Arcade Fire indie? I know I shouldn't be nit-picking but those are just too hard to ignore.

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
virgin lips
Half the ones you listed aren't even indie. Since when is MGMT, Adele, Panic! or Arcade Fire indie? I know I shouldn't be nit-picking but those are just too hard to ignore.

Adele was a mistake, I made this list before with allll of the artist I like, not just Indie, and forgot to delete her.
But yes, MGMT and Arcade Fire are Indie. Panic! not so much anymore.
The only reason some people don't consider MGMT indie anymore, is because of Electric Feel, and when the posers blew that song up. Same thing with Arcade Fire and the Suburbs.
Panic! has been non-indie for the longest; forgot to erase them too.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff