Welcome to Gaia! ::

9,475 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Ty Segall, Neon Indian, Mikal Cronin, Cold Cave, Youth Lagoon, Diamond Rings, Summer Camp, Real Estate, and Girls.

just to name a few

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
pockybot
For some reason I can't stand any of the folky indie rock stuff, and I'm definitely not into a lot of the headliner type acts(Black Keys, Strokes, Shins, etc) I think I like two Yeah Yeah Yeah songs(you know which ones)

But then I also like other mainstream hipster stuff like LCD Soundsystem, Arcade Fire, MGMT, Two Door Cinema Club, Passion Pit, Empire of the Sun, Animal Collective, Friendly Fires, Naked and Famous, etc. So go figure.

My fave rock bands are still Foals and The Horrors. I LOVE stuff like Washed Out, Eskmo, (some) Neon Indian, etc.

But yeah Ive been a pretty big fan(even before they got crazy huge) of Crystal Castles, M83, Phantogram, Niki and the Dove, The Good Natured. Anything with synths that's catchy, like The Presets, Cut Copy, Miami Horror, etc

But in the last year I've gotten more into the 'darker' indie, like Austra, Trust, Grimes, White Ring, Salem, Purity Ring, oOoOO, Chelsea Wolfe, Zola Jesus, AIMON, Light Asylum, etc. Love all the goth/industrial influences

1.) Like Bon Iver and stuff, i get it. I love him though.
2.)Arcade Firre, MGMT, Two Door Cinema Club, Friendly Fires, and The Naked and Famous are all incredibly amazing, but but their becoming mainstream quickly.
3.)I've never heard of them honestly, but i'll check them out.
4.)M83 is amazing though I just really feel in love with them this year, along with The Good Natured. And Phantogram is just, perfect.
5.)Grimes and Oberhofer are reallllllly great, even though when I first heard them I was like, no. Ume is also a really great artist in that department.

Over all, I think you have great music taste ><.

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
Song That I Recently Fell In Love With
~Oberhofer- Away Frm U
~Grimes- Oblivion.
~Ume- Captive
~Norah Jone- Happy Pills (dose that count as indie?)
~Walk The Moon- Anna Sun
~Sleeper Agent- Get Burned.
~Miike Snow- Paddling Out
Have you heard of the shins, or miniature tigers?

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
hugf
Have you heard of the shins, or miniature tigers?

I never heard of miniature tigers, but I'll check them out, because I like their names ><
But I have heard of the shins, though I can't call myself a true fan.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff