The Bravery.
SUFJAN STEVENS. THE END
fklabra
The Black Keys
Real Estate
Miami Horror
Florence + the Machines
Metronomy

There. Edited. ******** love real estate.

5,400 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
In general, do not listen to that music but I really like Block Party (UK) and Myslovitz(PL) very good bands ninja

Lonely Phantom

6,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Julian Casablancas-Phrazes for the young<3
For some reason I can't stand any of the folky indie rock stuff, and I'm definitely not into a lot of the headliner type acts(Black Keys, Strokes, Shins, etc) I think I like two Yeah Yeah Yeah songs(you know which ones)

But then I also like other mainstream hipster stuff like LCD Soundsystem, Arcade Fire, MGMT, Two Door Cinema Club, Passion Pit, Empire of the Sun, Animal Collective, Friendly Fires, Naked and Famous, etc. So go figure.

My fave rock bands are still Foals and The Horrors. I LOVE stuff like Washed Out, Eskmo, (some) Neon Indian, etc.

But yeah Ive been a pretty big fan(even before they got crazy huge) of Crystal Castles, M83, Phantogram, Niki and the Dove, The Good Natured. Anything with synths that's catchy, like The Presets, Cut Copy, Miami Horror, etc

But in the last year I've gotten more into the 'darker' indie, like Austra, Trust, Grimes, White Ring, Salem, Purity Ring, oOoOO, Chelsea Wolfe, Zola Jesus, AIMON, Light Asylum, etc. Love all the goth/industrial influences
chatonsz

Ahaha I hung out with the drummer of The Chain Gang of 1974 before a show a few weeks ago. I didnt even know it was him, he was so nice lol he bought me a pack of cigs and then he was like well I have to go get ready to play now it was so weird.

Oh cool. I saw em at a local small showcase event in my town last year. Really loved their sound, reminded me of all the synth dance indie rock stuff from Australia I dig.
So I guess the definition of "indie" is bands popular with hipsters than actual indie? Well I can dig that too I guess.

Though, Black Keys/Arctic Monkeys are doing a massive stadium tour across the US...not sure how thats "indie". I cant stand either of those bands for some reason

misakii meii
Foals, M83, Grouper, Girls, Freelance Whales, First Aid Kit, Arcade Fire, Animal Collective, A place to bury strangers, The drums, The kooks...I have such a long list, but I was more into "indie songs" last year so now my list isn't sooooo long. :/

Heh, Foals is definitely one of my absolute faves next to Arcade Fire and M83. Sadly have never gotten to see any of those even tho they've played a few times here in the bay.
The Kills
Cut Copy
The Raveonettes
Metric
The Diogenes Club
White Lies
The Sounds
The Drums
The Shins
The Helio Sequence
Camera Obscura
The Softies
Snowmine
Voxtrot
The Innocence Mission
Lispector
We Are Trees
Moon Tides
Beach House
Best Coast
The Rosebuds
and The Concretes. (:
-X-Scarlett-Rapture-X-
Are:
Matt&Kim, Florence and The Machine, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Sleigh Bells, The Pack, ofwgkta, Mac Miller, Robyn, The Joy Formidable, Sliver Sun Pickups, The Main Drag, Two Door Cinema Club, 3D Friends, Phoenix, Cults, Lissy Trulie, Oh Land, The Black keys, Yael Naim, Arcade Fire, Phanto Gram, Mumford and Sons, Cage the Elephant, Sick Puppies, MGMT, Adele, Best Coast, Wallpaper, Yuna, The Naked and Famous, Bon Iver, Young The Giant, Foster the People, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, The Good Matured, White Hitterland, Modest Mouse, Miike Snow, Panic! At the Disco, La Roux, The Ting Tings, Lykke Li, Thom Yorke, 30 seconds to Mars, Alanis, Gaurds, Awesome New Republic, Death Cab for Cutey, Locksely, Mikky Ecko, Dead Man’s Bones, Nervo, Yuna, Lights, Lana Del Rey, Eliza Doolittle, Toro Y Moi, Sleeper Agent, Girls and Boys, St.Vincent, Fun., Theophilus London, Chiddy Bang, M83, Crystal Castles, and Royal Bangs.

And I guess that's it.
But I want more, soo...
What's the best indie band you have ever listened to...
Tell me love.
emotion_c8

Lykke Li, La Roux, Florence and the Machine, Mumford and Sons, Young the Giant, The Black Keys, Robyn, Fun.................... Okay, just marry me.

Azorii's Wife

Wheezing Sophomore

Ty Segall and Screaming Females, babe.
I'mma have to say...wow...jeebs.... rolleyes

10. Down To Nothing
09. The Contortionist
08. New London Fire
07. Emmure
06. Arcade Fire
05. Clap Your Hands, Say Yeah.
04. Stars
03. The White Stripes