Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Regular

Gaian

Anything I can twerk to.
I'd just call mine commonly different. I like unknown bands, but you'd be surprised how many really good unknown bands are actually really well known. I'm not a hipster, I like sharing my music, but my taste is hipster-esque. The Submarines are currently my big love, though I am a die-hard Vampire Weekend fan. Basically anything strange, bouncy, but still considered rock. and NOT pop.

Versatile Member

7,375 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
DaisukiDaisuke252
Basically anything strange, bouncy, but still considered rock. and NOT pop.

One day you will realize there is nothing better than a really good pop hook, even in the context of, say, a Melt Banana song.
One day you will realize there is nothing better than a really good pop hook, even in the context of, say, a Melt Banana song.

I don't hate pop, sometimes nothing is better than a feel good song, I just meant I strongly prefer rock. I'm totally looking up Melt Banana though :}
i describe any folk songs as Chicken Soup for the Soul XD. i also use that for bands that write often about borken hearts and bad relationships like Tegan and Sara, Sharon Van Etten and Jessica Lea Mayfield. Anything energetic or just works as an awesome venting gattling gun would be passionate music that don't necesarily involve screamo and metal and s**t but just passionate singing and beats such as Arcade Fire, The Head and the Heart or The Strokes.

Sparkly Ladykiller

Dead Like Latin
Metronome
Dead Like Latin
        ♥X♥X♥ "What do you listen to?"
        "You won't like it."

So what do you listen to, because I bet you're pompously wrong.

♥X♥X♥ I'm not even kidding. I publicly acknowledge that my music taste is pretty sad. Nothing but European electronica acts (iamamiwhoami, Gazelle Twin, Fever Ray/The Knife, Nedry, You Love Her Coz She's Dead, and the like), Witch House (White Ring, oOoOO, Salem, Balam Acab), a few other acts such as Grimes, Crystal Castles, Golden Filter, Phaeleh, and so on, and then way too many Funeral Doom bands that I obsessed over in high school when I was a tryhard homothug m/

You've an AMAZING music taste. :3

I try to describe my music taste but I always fail. :/ I tend to list more indie music, but at the same time I am really into gawth music, industrial, new metal and etc.
The general "evolving" answer applies, but that's a bit of a cop-out. I'd say the word that best describes my tastes would be relevant. I try as hard as I can to only listen to music from this year, and a few years back. Sure that doesn't mean that I won't pop a NWA or Jeff Mangum and the Neutral Milk Hotels album on every once and a while, but I try to stay current. For most of 2012 I've been on a big hip-hop kick, it's just been a great hip-hop year. We got a new EL-P record, KRIT dropped a dope mixtape, and let's not forget about The Money Store. That and I love pop. My tastes in pop can pretty much be summed up by Pinkerton.
"Better then yours"©

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
Well i write my music so i guess i love the acoustic stuff like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh0xIKQWvt4&feature=context-chv
4laugh
I love my taste in music... but I believe many people love their own taste as well whee . Hmmm my brother explains it as "Jackie... You have songs that make me think deep" music. Right now I'm listening to Birdy- Just a Game. I also like 1901 that she sings. This year though, I rarley depended on people to give me artist. I just explore Youtube. smile Some artists that I have areee
Death Cab for Cute.
Two Door Cinema Club.
Phoenix
Taylor Swift
Mumford And Sons~ Cruising down Savannah,GA while pouring down rain heart
The Black Keys
State of the Art
The Strokes heart Fell in love with them this year
The Decemberists
The Civil Wars
The Low Anthem
The Submarines
Vampire Weekend
The Vaccines
ect ect Ahhh To Manyyy xp
And thats just a feww, I have many more like category wise: Indie, Spanish Music (ummm not a bigggg fan of Batchata but I will dance it wink I like More Regional Mexican, Oldies, Spanish Rock~ MANA!~ ect. English oldies- 50',60's70's
Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens. ext ect smile

Dapper Dabbler

I'm a musical hypocrite. I love noise, but hate noise.
Things that are well produced sound packaged in an assembly line, but things that have bad recording quality send me the other way.
I love the mainstream but loathe it when no one shuts up about it.
Some bands astound me with how they sounds when really they are musically simple.
I love every bit of music though, because it all contributes to one another in the end.
It doesn't have to have a beat or anything. It doesn't need to be in key.

Versatile Member

7,375 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
The Wizard Of The Owls
Jeff Mangum and the Neutral Milk Hotels

********, I wish that's what they were called.
I'm mostly a lover of emotive-hardcore/shoegaze and some folk-pop but my interests really can vary. I can find pleasure in almost any genre, really. It's all about trying to find the quality music in the genre. I usually just share tracks that I really, really like with people and see what they think. They don't dig it? That's cool; I tried.

Familiar Friend

5,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
Instead of focusing on the artists you like, you should focus on the things you like about the songs they play.
Do they have a good beat?
Are the catches good?
Just try to pinpoint the little things, and go from there.

See, I like a song with a strong, repetitive beat. I can usually connect with something not too complex. Something simplified to almost a trance state.

There are other things I like of course, but this is what I'm usually attracted to.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff