Is This It 0.66666666666667 66.7% [ 12 ]
Room On Fire 0.11111111111111 11.1% [ 2 ]
First Impression On Earth 0.11111111111111 11.1% [ 2 ]
Angles 0.11111111111111 11.1% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 18 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

Friendly Noob

My Skateboard Will Go On
The one person who voted for Angles is either trolling or insane.
Haha I like how no one has voted for First Impressions on Earth, it's like their most underrated album.
Is This It, will always be my fav. First time i ever heard their stuff was from that album. Also i discovered the strokes by just randomly finding that album already dowloaded in my ipod with no memory of buying it. it was destiny!

Friendly Noob

CoeurdeOstrich17
Is This It, will always be my fav. First time i ever heard their stuff was from that album. Also i discovered the strokes by just randomly finding that album already dowloaded in my ipod with no memory of buying it. it was destiny!
Their first song I heard was Reptilia and it was on Pandora. That's how I found out about them, pretty boring story crying
I3lur
CoeurdeOstrich17
Their first song I heard was Reptilia and it was on Pandora. That's how I found out about them, pretty boring story crying

ahahahaha! XD dont matter. keep the fandom going!
hey, i want in on this conversation too! i love the strokes. is this it is my favorite album by them. angles was an overall good album too, but i think the clearer vocals and instruments probably didnt make the album sound as timeless as their previous work. plus i heard that the band dynamic wasnt really there during the time of the recording, cause i think julian casablancas wasn't really present in the studio, so i wonder if that was a huge factor for this album...

Friendly Noob

u2tiffanyxo
hey, i want in on this conversation too! i love the strokes. is this it is my favorite album by them. angles was an overall good album too, but i think the clearer vocals and instruments probably didnt make the album sound as timeless as their previous work. plus i heard that the band dynamic wasnt really there during the time of the recording, cause i think julian casablancas wasn't really present in the studio, so i wonder if that was a huge factor for this album...
Yeah I heard that the band did the instrumentals first. I bought the European version of Is This It, and it wasn't until like 4 month's later that I found out that there was another track called "When It Started", and I went banana's and I HAD to buy the american version of Is This It... But it was totally worth it, When it started is a really good song, I kinda like it a little better than New York City Cops ._.

Friendly Member

2,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
I love the strokes smile and my favorite would have to be Is This It. This was the album that got me liking what is to be considered as good music. It is so raw and everything about the album is perfection. Julian has really influenced me. A beautiful sound heart

Friendly Noob

KittyKat360
I love the strokes smile and my favorite would have to be Is This It. This was the album that got me liking what is to be considered as good music. It is so raw and everything about the album is perfection. Julian has really influenced me. A beautiful sound heart
Every song on the album is so good! It's like a perfect song after the other. Is This It happens to also be my favorite, and its one of those albums I consider "perfect" along with Phoenix's "Wolfgang Amadeus"

Friendly Member

2,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
I3lur
KittyKat360
Every song on the album is so good! It's like a perfect song after the other. Is This It happens to also be my favorite, and its one of those albums I consider "perfect" along with Phoenix's "Wolfgang Amadeus"

Most definitely!! biggrin
They are not indie
Im really surprised by the poll, Is this it is #1?
Justin hip
They are not indie
mrgreen
JessePacemaker
mrgreen

Check their record label before posting mr greens
Oh god, the Strokes are my all-time favorite band. I gotta say Is This It? Is my favorite album. Room On Fire was pretty much as good. FIOE was so underrated, of course by the Strokes' standards. And Angles was... well... between love and hate. Awful but also not bad. I heard the communication wasn't great on that one and that Julian sent his vocal parts by e-mail. He wrote everything the Strokes ever did until Angles and that explains its failure... confused

Friendly Noob

KittyKat360
I3lur
KittyKat360

Most definitely!! biggrin

Nirvana is boss btw.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas