Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,450 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
WhiteFangGirl06
Reborn Resolve
However this case goes it should not be investigated and pulled up by race claims or "civil rights" It prob wasnt a race shooting just some radical black people and media escalating it. A real Civil rights case would be against the black panthers for issuing a bounty on the head of Zimmerman.

This was a race thing no doubt about it. I mean he even called Trayvon a coon in the 911 call where the police told him to stop following Trayvon.
Def of Coon:
Slang: Disparaging and Offensive . a black person (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/coon)
2. Offensive Slang Used as a disparaging term for a Black person. (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/coon)
He has made 49 other 911 calls that were similar to the one before Trayvon was killed all were about people of non white color. He also assaulted a Police officer. Thats laughable that you would think there was no civil rights case here where a kid was killed by an older male because he was black, but you call for one in the case of the new black panthers setting up a bounty that trash Zimmermans head, I say good job on the new Black panthers parts the jerk has it coming, an eye for an eye. I'm sick of the injustice and double standards about time someone took things into their own hands.

If Zimmerman is charged with the second degree murder charge he won't be in jail for life which is bs. If it was a white kid killed by a black man the black man would be sentenced to death and or life.

nope Neo nazi's are way better and superior to black panthers.
I would rather have blacks be held more accountable since
every year 30,000 white women are raped by black guys
and less then 10 black women are raped by white guys
statistics dont lie

Shirtless Strawberry

14,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Partygoer 500
David2074
i like my bunnie
okay, not to start an uproar here, but what exactly's the real story here?

That of course is the $64,000 question and why this is going to court.
There's been so many 'facts' stated by people who don't know s**t about the case it is sad. Now at least maybe the haters saying the police are racist and let zimmerman go because they are hating on blacks will shut up and wait for the trial.

The story in a nutshell in case you missed it:
1. Neighborhood watch guy (white - Zimmerman) sees a black man (Trayvon) walking down the street in his neighborhood and shoots him. Trayvon dies.
2. Zimmerman claims it was in self defense, Trayvon had a weapon, or zim thought he did or what ever.
3. Trayvon was carrying a cup of iced tea and apparently reached in his pocket to get some skittles.
4. Lots of conflicting information as to Trayvon was walking towards or away from Zimmerman, was pleading for his life or not etc.

The judge charged Zimmerman with 2nd degree murder, not manslaughter. This suggests after doing some investigation the police / prosecution feel Zimmerman's claims of self defense are bogus. Also, in spite of what some folks seem to think the 'stand your ground' law does not allow a person to pursue someone. In virtually all states where it exists it is some version of stopping a deadly or otherwise very serious crime. Once the suspect if fleeing or even walking away they are no longer committing the crime. So, hypothetically, if Trayvon say punched Zimmerman or waved a knife, then turned and walked off, Zimmerman would not have any right to shoot him.

My guess is Zimmerman is going to go down - either on the murder charge or possibly plea bargained down to manslaughter. I'm pro gun and pro gun laws but I'm against people abusing those laws and hiding behind them. But I'm just guessing from afar. One thing I haven't seen reported is the ballistics report. I'm curious to know if Trayvon was shot in the front or the back, how far away etc.

Thank you for explaining the story.

Aged Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Reborn Resolve
WhiteFangGirl06
Reborn Resolve
However this case goes it should not be investigated and pulled up by race claims or "civil rights" It prob wasnt a race shooting just some radical black people and media escalating it. A real Civil rights case would be against the black panthers for issuing a bounty on the head of Zimmerman.

This was a race thing no doubt about it. I mean he even called Trayvon a coon in the 911 call where the police told him to stop following Trayvon.
Def of Coon:
Slang: Disparaging and Offensive . a black person (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/coon)
2. Offensive Slang Used as a disparaging term for a Black person. (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/coon)
He has made 49 other 911 calls that were similar to the one before Trayvon was killed all were about people of non white color. He also assaulted a Police officer. Thats laughable that you would think there was no civil rights case here where a kid was killed by an older male because he was black, but you call for one in the case of the new black panthers setting up a bounty that trash Zimmermans head, I say good job on the new Black panthers parts the jerk has it coming, an eye for an eye. I'm sick of the injustice and double standards about time someone took things into their own hands.

If Zimmerman is charged with the second degree murder charge he won't be in jail for life which is bs. If it was a white kid killed by a black man the black man would be sentenced to death and or life.

nope Neo nazi's are way better and superior to black panthers.
I would rather have blacks be held more accountable since
every year 30,000 white women are raped by black guys
and less then 10 black women are raped by white guys
statistics dont lie

where'd you get those stats?

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
WhiteFangGirl06
Reborn Resolve

Def of Coon:

As I read this I couldn't help but wonder if you are able to see the racism and double standards in your own post.
And Zimmerman is listed as Hispanic, not white but what ever he was if is racist that is wrong.

A white (or in this case apparently Hispanic) man kills a black man over wrongs (real or perceived) done by the black man and you think it wrong and unjust (it is).
A black man (or in the case of the Panthers a group of black man) recommend murdering a white/hispanic man over the wrongs they perceived he did and you are all for it.
Vigilante justice is vigilante justice not matter the color of the skin of the person doing it.

As to the charge being second degree murder, they probably charged him with the most serious crime they felt they had a chance of convicting him on. There was probably some debate whether to charge him with manslaughter vs murder. The general distinction between first and second degree murder is:
"Generally, second degree murder is common law murder, and first degree is an aggravated form. The aggravating factors of first degree murder are a specific intent to kill, premeditation, and deliberation. In addition, murder committed by acts such as strangulation, poisoning, or lying in wait are also treated as first degree murder."

It would probably be MUCH easier for Zimmerman to convince a jury he did not premeditate or intent to kill Trayvon (remember, he only needs to create a reasonable doubt). "Yes I shot him but I just wanted him to stop attacking me" - or what ever. You may not agree with it from your long distance limited knowledge of the facts but you'd probably also be pissed if the they made the charge too high for the evidence they had and he walked without any conviction at all (which could still happen even with second degree).

I fail to understand why some people think illegal activities done to one group of people is okay but the same or similar activities are horrible if done to a different group of people. The only explanation I can think of is racism.

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
I stilll don't know if he is guilty. Florida has some weird laws. Hawaii has no guns. I finnaly respect the law now.
Last I heard Zimmerman was not actually affiliated with the Neighborhood Watch and had called 911 over 50 times in the last year with reports of "suspicious African Americans". Also, Neighborhood Watch does not allow it's members to carry guns.

Do I think this is racially charged, yes.
Should he get first degree, yes. He was advised not to pursue Martin. As far as self-defense, he claims Martin had attacked him, and unless the police is heavily corrupt there, if he had any kind of wounds they would have been documented (written and photograph) BEFORE he was even taken to the police station. The video that I've seen of him before entering the police station shows him with zero wounds. Self defense is not an option here in my opinion.

Hattaki's Senpai

Liberal Lover

The main thing I have to say about this? About damn time.

I also think that 2nd degree murder is the right course to go. In my view zimmerman is guilty as hell but the murder was not premeditated. Therefore the 2nd Degree murder charge fits.

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
I'm not against anyone carrying a gun or anything, but my question is: Why the hell would he carry a gun in the first place when he knew that he wasn't suppose to?

I can understand if he wanted to protect himself or whatever, but it just seems odd that he would do such a thing. confused

All of this to me just seems odd. Very odd.
Mister Zimmerman is a hero he just killed a street thug that has killed before without mister Zimmerman the crime rate would increase plus he wasn't really guilty, All those people that hate mister zimmerman are evil people that want more killings, Join the debate take action mister zimmerman saved the day from hooded maniacs who don't care about humanity that would kill anyone without caring about the person they killed.
NightfallDuet
I'm not against anyone carrying a gun or anything, but my question is: Why the hell would he carry a gun in the first place when he knew that he wasn't suppose to?

I can understand if he wanted to protect himself or whatever, but it just seems odd that he would do such a thing. confused

All of this to me just seems odd. Very odd.

The hooded kid was planning to kill someone mister zimmerman told that kid to drop the weapon then the hooded kid aimed a gun at mister zimmerman so mister zimmerman shot him
Mitsumi-chan
http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/11/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

For people who are kind of slow, Trayvon Martin's shooter was finally arrested. He should be going to court soon.

Trayvon is a Psychotic maniac that was planning to kill someone Mister Zimmerman killed him to make sure that noone would die
worse than i seem
He wasn't convicted, that is what he is being charged with.

He is still innocent until proven guilty under the law.

Yep and mister zimmerman will be proven not guilty because Trayvon had a weapon on him and plus Trayvon was planning to kill someone

Sparkly Hunter

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
officer green
worse than i seem
He wasn't convicted, that is what he is being charged with.

He is still innocent until proven guilty under the law.

Yep and mister zimmerman will be proven not guilty because Trayvon had a weapon on him and plus Trayvon was planning to kill someone

Source please.

Devoted Cleric

11,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Clambake 200
worse than i seem
Source please.

Don't feed the troll. lol
Grungekitty
Isn't the man's defense that he shot the kid in self-defense?

Therefore, guilty or innocent, it is quite correct to describe him as the kid's shooter.
The shooting is not in question: just whether or not it was justified.

Justice has been served when Travon died he had a weapon on him because he was planning to kill mister zimmerman saved who ever he was planning to kill

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff