Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Student

Alexander J Luthor
Lupa Fangs Makucha
Keltoi Samurai
I wonder . . . I've encountered someone now who is seeing the Slender Man in her home, and with this recent spate of Slendy crimes cropping up . . .

It may seem fanciful, what with Slender Man being a fictional character and all, but with the modern state of telecommunications, I wonder if we might not be seeing something akin to a what the Buddhists call a Tulpa, brought about by all the attention and mental energy we all give to it.

I'll be honest, that is an interesting thought. I found that thought and maybe even story provoking. XD

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I was like, why on eartyh would you send me that. Then after looking through a couple replies I was like, '''Oh.'' Just a refernce to some show I've never seen. XD Though while thought and maybe story provoking I don't think it's that way at all. I just found that train of thought to be interesting.
Alexander J Luthor
RyugaHayabusa
Alexander J Luthor
Lupa Fangs Makucha
Keltoi Samurai
I wonder . . . I've encountered someone now who is seeing the Slender Man in her home, and with this recent spate of Slendy crimes cropping up . . .

It may seem fanciful, what with Slender Man being a fictional character and all, but with the modern state of telecommunications, I wonder if we might not be seeing something akin to a what the Buddhists call a Tulpa, brought about by all the attention and mental energy we all give to it.

I'll be honest, that is an interesting thought. I found that thought and maybe even story provoking. XD

I was going to post about the Thin-Man episode of Supernatural, but you beat me to it.

Girl is just psychotic, and is trying to blame something to relieve herself of any blame.

I remember that episode! Humans are always the weirdest crap in that show.
You know what I miss though? I miss Lucifer. He was cute, and rather funny.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Lupa Fangs Makucha
Alexander J Luthor
Lupa Fangs Makucha
Keltoi Samurai

I was like, why on eartyh would you send me that. Then after looking through a couple replies I was like, '''Oh.'' Just a refernce to some show I've never seen. XD Though while thought and maybe story provoking I don't think it's that way at all. I just found that train of thought to be interesting.

Oh my god, how have you never seen this show. Season ten this year!! *squee*

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
This would be a big hit over in the Supernatural forum.

Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
Alexander J Luthor
Lupa Fangs Makucha
Alexander J Luthor
Lupa Fangs Makucha
Keltoi Samurai

Oh my god, how have you never seen this show. Season ten this year!! *squee*

Love that show. I'm a wee bit behind since they show it on tv just before I go to work and I don't have all the seasons on DVD, but love that show. Now I need to rewatch it.

Though, not certain if I like the Laviathan story arc. Oh, and the image made my day.

Witty Conversationalist

I've noticed that it is mostly female teens doing these. Jeez.

Dapper Noob

Fuzzy Kitten

Imagining Dragons
Soul Eater isn't a "viral online book", it's a manga; a Japanese comic.
It came out way before Slenderman ever did.
And are they really sure they just aren't putting the blame on Slenderman here?
I've read the stories, and Soul Eater as well, and I am a teen. It hasn't done s**t.
I think this girl might have some psychological problems.

People love to say that teens who commit violent crimes were influenced by violent videos and that that's the problem. What about all the teens who play the same game and don't commit crimes?

I agree with you about the psychological problems.

Friendly Stalker

Alexander J Luthor

I remember that episode! Humans are always the weirdest crap in that show.

Exactly. To date, the only episode that has ever successfully creeped me out was one of the very VERY few episodes that didn't even have to do with supernatural monsters: "The Benders" (S1 EP15).

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Whelp, now my head hurts and my faith in humanity is non-existent yet again. What a way to wake up. stare They're grasping at anything 'weird' to blame this on instead of 'girl is ******** in the head and is a murderous little c**t'.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Real Story:

Girl gets in fight with mom.

Waits until her mom is sleeping and sets house on fire.

Later, attempts to produce a scape goat. Picks a fictional character. Names others that have committed crimes and blamed the same scape goat.

Scape Goat is fictional.

Let's just hope there aren't ***** and other criminals that figure out they can masquerade as fictional characters to Catfish tweens and teens. These people are already using celebrities. If things keep up we might have a bunch of middle aged and elderly people pretending to be Slenderman to get things out of minors.

Punny Skeleton

Why is it only girls that do this crap and claim it was for Slender man? At least, why are we only hearing about girls doing this?

I don't want to live on this planet anymore...

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Strife Dragneel
Why is it only girls that do this crap and claim it was for Slender man? At least, why are we only hearing about girls doing this?

I don't want to live on this planet anymore...

There have been other cases where Tweens and Teens claimed Slenderman did it or forced them to do it.

For some reason... we just don't remember them.

It didn't happen that at some point the one with the two girls was close to another one with a girl. I think most people just merged them together or thought the news was about the same incident.

There have been males/boys. But the girls are more interesting.

Any females killing or attempting to kill anyone has been considered more interesting for hundreds of years. There have been periods in history where some places in North America considered it impossible for anyone female to kill another human being.

The statistics are still far tilted. Women make a small percentage of killers. With the exceptions of defense, accidents, and when they snap during or within a couple years of pregnancy.

Still they claim less kills even with those added.

This makes the News especially interesting when about female criminals and crimes against females by strangers. It has been that way for a couple hundred years. Before that men would commit a bunch of crimes, select a woman, label her a witch, and wipe their community's record clean by saying no humans did those crimes... it was totally Satan or a Demon using a woman or posing as a woman. Once the Witch thing was over with some communities went more then 100 years without women committing any murders.
Cupcakes HD
Oowl
Sounds like a spiritual implication to me.
If you mean the idea of slenderman being a spiritual motivation to the girl to do the crime. Then you could be correct. That is what it seems like. But now that a second one happened, theres bound to be even more occuring, unless their changing the site to adults only will change the demographic, unlikely as they probably do not go banning those lsited as underage as a site I am on made such a shift and did not remove anyone. And peopel can lie about their age anyways to access it.

This is third instance I have heard of that concerns the "Slenderman". I say spiritual in the most literal sense of the word. The kids open themselves up to spiritual persuasion when they assume that this fantasy is real and then pray on it.

People don't realize that it is a door, a door that can be opened by many ways and this is one of them. These kids have been persuaded by darkness to commit evil because they have never been guided, their parents failed them and left them in the sea alone to be taken wayward by anything.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff