Welcome to Gaia! ::

Intellectual Businesswoman

12,825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
Hahaha gotta love my state, we have several haunted mansions. The most famous being the one in Duluth. X3
I'm a p*ssy when it comes to the supernatural. So I wouldn't buy to live in it. But buying for other business purposes is a possibility.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Neko_Bast
I wouldn't. I've already lived in a haunted house and its not that easy. You feel on edge all the time and it makes it hard to really relax.

Was the ghost(s) unfriendly or are you just prone to being edgy?

One of the two houses on our family farm was haunted. Still is AFAIK but we sold the property last year. Various family members and rental tenants through the years routinely heard them (conversations in one room and sounds of dinner being prepared in the kitchen) but only one tenant moved out due to being afraid. At least, only one that moved out quickly and stated that as the reason. They were there but they didn't seem to be malicious or keep people awake at night.
i wouldent waist my money rofl

Karisa_Wolfgang's Princess

Adorable Sweetheart

Stunningly beautiful!

They should make it into a bed-in-breakfast inn, do tours around the mansion in designated areas where people won't be able to damage the original furniture, and go with the ghostly angle for advertisement to boost sales! They could do late night tours for a Halloween special.

Ghostly hauntings are currently a very popular thing right now.

6,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
If I had the money, I would buy it. Not live in it. But buy it. 3nodding

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
David2074
Neko_Bast
I wouldn't. I've already lived in a haunted house and its not that easy. You feel on edge all the time and it makes it hard to really relax.

One of the two houses on our family farm was haunted. Still is AFAIK but we sold the property last year. Various family members and rental tenants through the years routinely heard them (conversations in one room and sounds of dinner being prepared in the kitchen) but only one tenant moved out due to being afraid. At least, only one that moved out quickly and stated that as the reason. They were there but they didn't seem to be malicious or keep people awake at night.

They weren't unfriendly, but they were prone to "tantrums." One was the ghost of a 6 year old girl and the other two just liked to watch you as you slept or showered. I really hate the felling of being watched. The little girl liked to slam doors, stomp really loud, and she created freezing spots. I saw her quite often, and she got upset at lest once a week.

Accursed Prophet

38,325 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
Who you gonna call?

Scooby Doo...

Now let's see who the ghost really is...

Don Knotts?!

"That's right, and I would've gotten away with it, if it weren't for you meddling kids and your dog..."

GHOST BUSTERS!!! emotion_awesome emotion_zombie

Friendly Wench

That house just looks haunted. No - I would never ever ever live in a haunted house. I'm stupidsticious. . _ .

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Neko_Bast
David2074
Neko_Bast

They weren't unfriendly, but they were prone to "tantrums." One was the ghost of a 6 year old girl and the other two just liked to watch you as you slept or showered. I really hate the felling of being watched. The little girl liked to slam doors, stomp really loud, and she created freezing spots. I saw her quite often, and she got upset at lest once a week.

Oh, I never saw ours. In fact I only personally heard them once because I never lived in that house. I have a close friend who used to rent that house from us and she has seen them before but mostly just heard them. Other tenants only reported hearing. Except one maybe had some kinetic stuff.

They split up but the girl stayed on a bit sleeping in the front bedroom until she got her own place. They had some problems with the shades rolling up and stuff and thought they had a peeping tom problem or something like that and ended up calling the cops. Except of course a peeping tom could not manipulate the shades (the roll down kind) from the outside. I think the shades went up a few times and they thought it was due to someone bumping or trying to open the window. Mostly I think they had stuff happening in the room and were not thinking 'ghost' which is how they arrived at prowler. Anyway, that room she moved into was the same one other folks (including myself) would hear the voices in.

BTW, regarding the slamming doors - did you ever ask them to stop?
The good friend I mentioned was one of the first tenants I know of after I came to the farm in the 70's. The house was no doubt haunted before that but the farm belonged to my step-dad who was not my step-dad before that so I wasn't there to know. (heard stories though)

Anyway, in addition to the other stuff I mentioned she used to hear footsteps and stomping upstairs. And I mean stomping around, not just "was that the wind making the house creak?" type noises. It scared her but they felt lucky to have the house at a good rent price.

She finally just went up stairs and talked to 'it' (she could not see that one). She explained out loud that they could not afford to move so they were not going away and they would just have to share the house and would they PLEASE stop stomping around because it was scaring her. After that the stomping stopped. Other noises continued but no scary stuff.

And I realize to some folks reading this post what I'm typing sounds like utter rubbish. I'm not bothering to try to convince you because to you I'm just some guy on the internet and you don't even know if I'm really a guy. I might doubt it myself if I had not personally heard it and if I had not had multiple tenants over a 40 year time frame who did not know each other independently come up with the same observations. While I do think some of those Ghosthunter type shows are largely Hollywood drama crap I also believe real things exist. Mostly I would consider myself a skeptic but through the years a few things have been too in my face to ignore, even as a skeptical person.

Fashionable Hunter

David2074

And I realize to some folks reading this post what I'm typing sounds like utter rubbish. I'm not bothering to try to convince you because to you I'm just some guy on the internet and you don't even know if I'm really a guy. I might doubt it myself if I had not personally heard it and if I had not had multiple tenants over a 40 year time frame who did not know each other independently come up with the same observations. While I do think some of those Ghosthunter type shows are largely Hollywood drama crap I also believe real things exist. Mostly I would consider myself a skeptic but through the years a few things have been too in my face to ignore, even as a skeptical person.

I KNOW YOU'RE A GUY biggrin

Also, I believe it, or at least the part of me that doesn't usually get to talk believes it. That's why I wouldn't buy the house D:

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
kakteed
David2074

Also, I believe it, or at least the part of me that doesn't usually get to talk believes it. That's why I wouldn't buy the house D:

You only think you know. Those facebook photos are really just part of an elaborate ruse. In real life I'm actually a kangaroo, except a lot of folks don't take kangaroos seriously so online I adopted the persona of a white middle aged male.
smile

Fashionable Hunter

David2074
kakteed
David2074

You only think you know. Those facebook photos are really just part of an elaborate ruse. In real life I'm actually a kangaroo, except a lot of folks don't take kangaroos seriously so online I adopted the persona of a white middle aged male.
smile

D:

Actually, OMG I KNOW A TYPING KANGAROO THAT UNDERSTANDS ENGLISH?

Sweeeeeet.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I don't believe in ghosts BUT just knowing someone killed themselves in a place you want to call home would be uncomfortable. Just knowing that someone died in a certain room would not sit well with me because it's extremely saddening.

Fashionable Genius

Nooooo! D:
I definitely believe in the supernatural and that is something I would not want to associate with. The mansion is gorgeous, though. It's a shame that it is haunted. neutral But $1.1 million is a lot of money even for a regular house, let alone a haunted one! >_<

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff