Welcome to Gaia! ::

24,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Quote:

This burger is so hot that it comes to your table on fire... and you have to sign a waiver before attempting to eat it.

Made from a slab of beef infused with ghost and cayenne peppers, and pure chili extract, with relish of habaneros and jalapenos, and serrano peppers, the entire thing is then smothered in Hellfire Sauce and a splash of grain alcohol.

The sizzling Hellfire Burger is the creation of Loren Gingrich, owner of Xtreme Smokehouse and Grill in Washington, Iowa.

It's so hot that Mr Gingrich has asked the Guinness Book of Records to create a new category for it.

Reportedly clocking in around 1,000,000 Scoville units (about half the burn of pepper spray), customers have to be over 18 to order the meal.

The burger arrives at the table with protective gloves, eyeswear and a waiver, which mentions the possible loss of life.

'We actually have a ghost burger,' said Mr Gingrich said to kcrg.com. 'We wanted to do something that was hotter.

The relish is Mr Gingrich's own recipe and contains three types of chillies; habaneros and jalapenos, and serrano peppers.

A single jalapeno pepper rates between 2,500 and 5,000 on the Scoville unit.

Another three types of chillies are then added to the burger - ghost peppers, cayenne peppers and pure chilli extract, all of which are infused in the meat.

The burger is then assembled before being generously doused with a ring of hot condiment, Hellfire Sauce.

The final touch is a splash of grain alcohol before the entire snack is set on fire before being served to diners.

Source

And no, their not kidding about giving protective gear to wear:

User Image

But in dealing with items known for how they burn the bejuzzes out of your mouth/ eyes if you wind up dealing with pepper spray it's really better to avoid some lawsuit by having people sign waivers and wear the gear.

Lonely Browser

NOPE! whats the point if you cant enjoy it? i mean, i guess some people would and do, but still...

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
I love me some hot and spicy food, but not THAT hot.

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
When they mentioned it being on fire, I was hoping for something more impressive.

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
oh wow...i think a regular McChicken from McDonald's is spicy...i would literally die i f i even smelled that.

Divine Daredevil

Burger of doom? No thanks...

Relentless Glitch

I would count this as a Bizarre Food and demand Andrew Zimmern partake.
Does Adam Richman still fight food?
sounds ridiculous.
i like how it mentions loss of life tho on the waiver.
thats hilarious.

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Just reading that's giving me a severe case of the fire shits. cat_gonk

Omnipresent Warlord

Why don't you just spray a burger with pepper spray and serve that if the goal is to make something that's hard to eat?

Magical Bunny

14,350 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
Talk about feeling the heat, but really your nuts 2 eat anything that hot.

Philosophizing Otaku

16,150 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Team Moira 200
  • Falling For You 25
...Eh, my bro could eat that no problem. cool

However, for me I'd be screaming bloody murder before I dunk myself into a lake full of yogurt and bread and then stay in there for a few days.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
I see no problem here.
As long as the only people eating it are competent and sign the waiver.

Lonely Wolf

This is stupid and impractical. "Look how hot we can make our burger! Forget about flavor!"

Dapper Noob

I don't think most people in their right mind are going to be willing to eat food that comes with a waiver saying that it could potentially kill/hospitalize you if you choose to be that much of a dumbass.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff