Wrathful Demigod

18,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
Kothlim
kiironobara
Kothlim
I'd be more concerned about the destruction of property. At least she didnt steal the dog too. Just leave it. They paid for the dog, let them suffer the loss of money, property and sentimental value the dog held. Maybe they'll learn from it and it wont happen again. With them anyways.

It's kind of sick to allow a living creature to die just to teach someone else a lesson. Should people leave infants if they see them in cars on hot days, too, for the same reason?

Human beings are not property like pets.

Dogs shouldn't be considered property.
They are animals that nobly decided to ally themselves with our ancestors against the other species that would do us harm.
Never forget we did not domesticate them they domesticated themselves.

Still though don't break my car window I leave my ac on and my dog has water and food.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Kothlim
I'd be more concerned about the destruction of property. At least she didnt steal the dog too. Just leave it. They paid for the dog, let them suffer the loss of money, property and sentimental value the dog held. Maybe they'll learn from it and it wont happen again. With them anyways.
why should destruction of property concern you? it's odd that you support laws protecting property but not laws protecting lives. try being a little more consistent.

Kawaii Shoujo

washu_2004
Absolutely justified, stopping the dog from dieing in the care was the right thing to do and the woman in the story deserves to be praised for her actions.
I second that motion, what bites is that the dog was given back to it's owner who left the pooch in a hot car to begin with, and the police only showed up after the dog was alright AFTER it was rescued.

Liberal Bibliophile

34,100 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • I Voted! 25
  • Elocutionist 200
Kothlim
kiironobara
Kothlim
kiironobara
Kothlim

If pets were solely property, there would not be animal abuse laws and Michael Vick would never have been prosecuted for his egregious offenses against dogs. However, animals and pets are also living creatures, and thus there are specific laws to protect them.

Right, cause laws are the end all be all of whats right and wrong eh?

I didn't just cite laws. If we're incapable of feeling compassion when another living creature is suffering and dying... Well, IIRC, that's a symptom of sociopathy.

So if a plant were left in a hot car you would condone breaking the window and saving it from dieing? Its a living being after all. Or how about something as miniscule as a gold fish. A toad? A rat? Same scenario.

Nice conflation.

A plant likely would not be in severe distress due to being left in a hot car. Their physiology is different from animals, and they can handle these sorts of temperatures, typically.

Goldfish, toads, rats--yes. All of them would be likely to die in that situation, though perhaps the goldfish would have better luck being surrounded by water. The issue is, it's less likely we'd be able to see those small animals as opposed to a dog.

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
kiironobara
If you wouldn't leave an infant in the car, you shouldn't leave a pet.

I know right?

But sadly, people are so stupid nowadays...

Omnipresent Warlord

Kothlim
So if a plant were left in a hot car you would condone breaking the window and saving it from dieing? Its a living being after all. Or how about something as miniscule as a gold fish. A toad? A rat? Same scenario.

This kind of person is why we need to have laws about the humane treatment of humans and animals. You just know that if slavery were legal he'd be defending the practice.
Ratttking
Kothlim
why should destruction of property concern you? it's odd that you support laws protecting property but not laws protecting lives. try being a little more consistent.

When have I ever said that I support any laws?
icekoldozy
Kothlim
kiironobara
Kothlim

It's kind of sick to allow a living creature to die just to teach someone else a lesson. Should people leave infants if they see them in cars on hot days, too, for the same reason?

Dogs shouldn't be considered property.
They are animals that nobly decided to ally themselves with our ancestors against the other species that would do us harm.
Never forget we did not domesticate them they domesticated themselves.

Still though don't break my car window I leave my ac on and my dog has water and food.

I find that difficult to believe. Its far more likely that we domesticated wild dogs ourselves than the other way around. Same as we domesticated numerous other animals.
Kothlim
Ratttking
Kothlim

Explain why you believe it is not ok to lock a child in a car to die then and what should be done to people who do kill their children that way since you draw an arbitrary line between killing humans and killing anything else.
Interitum
Kothlim
kiironobara
Kothlim
kiironobara
Kothlim

If pets were solely property, there would not be animal abuse laws and Michael Vick would never have been prosecuted for his egregious offenses against dogs. However, animals and pets are also living creatures, and thus there are specific laws to protect them.

I didn't just cite laws. If we're incapable of feeling compassion when another living creature is suffering and dying... Well, IIRC, that's a symptom of sociopathy.

The way I see it is we all evolved from the same original cells, therefor who is to say we humans factually have more of a right to live? Well no one, therefor by default all animals have a equal right to live right? So in the case of the gold fish, toad, and rat I would destroy the car in what ever manner needed to be done to save it, and if it could be proven that plants have emotions and can suffer like a animal then yes, I would rescue it as well.

Right....I hope you try someday and end up in the hospital because of it.

Malevolent Phantom

10,450 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Champion 300
  • Mark Twain 100
Kothlim
Interitum
Kothlim
kiironobara
Kothlim

The way I see it is we all evolved from the same original cells, therefor who is to say we humans factually have more of a right to live? Well no one, therefor by default all animals have a equal right to live right? So in the case of the gold fish, toad, and rat I would destroy the car in what ever manner needed to be done to save it, and if it could be proven that plants have emotions and can suffer like a animal then yes, I would rescue it as well.

Right....I hope you try someday and end up in the hospital because of it.

And I hope you gain compassion for other living things besides yourself and us ape things.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Kothlim
Ratttking
Kothlim

you haven't, thus it is nonsensical to be concerned with destruction of property as to do so would be to support laws against it. you also claimed that dogs were property, yet show no concern for their possible destruction. why is a car window belonging to someone else of more value to you than a life?
Ratttking
Kothlim
Ratttking
Kothlim

you haven't, thus it is nonsensical to be concerned with destruction of property as to do so would be to support laws against it. you also claimed that dogs were property, yet show no concern for their possible destruction. why is a car window belonging to someone else of more value to you than a life?

The dog and the car window are property of the same person. Their value to that individual is subjective. To them the dog probably has more value. To me, well, not my property. As long as it doesnt harm other people then its not my business.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Kothlim
Ratttking
Kothlim
Ratttking
Kothlim

The dog and the car window are property of the same person. Their value to that individual is subjective. To them the dog probably has more value. To me, well, not my property. As long as it doesnt harm other people then its not my business.
still doesn't explain why you'd be concerned that the window was broken. it is a non-essential part of the car and no harm to humans comes from its being damaged.
Ratttking
Kothlim
Ratttking
Kothlim
Ratttking
Kothlim

still doesn't explain why you'd be concerned that the window was broken. it is a non-essential part of the car and no harm to humans comes from its being damaged.

Deconstruction of ones property doesn't harm them? How is the window non essential? Its pretty damn important. Keeps out rain, snow, bugs. Without one its easier for others to steal the car since locking it wouldn't make any difference.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff