Welcome to Gaia! ::

Excitable Strawberry

David2074

lol - capcha is 'bunny rabbit' - which years ago used to be involved in pregnancy tests.
(though contrary to popular perception the rabbit always died whether or not you were pregnant)

Lol. A little levity in such sad topic. Imagine the odds.

Heroic Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Friendly 100
Before I form a complete opinion on this, is this a home-made type video we're talking about, or did she bring an actual camera crew in and added voice over to explain what was going on and such? I'd appreciate it if someone let me know, because there is just no WAY I'm watching that video lol.

Dangerous Ladykiller

11,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
It's a bit un-comforting for myself, but I see how it could help other women who might be considering getting an abortion. I have a weak stomach, so no way would I ever watch a medical video depicting the treatment, but those who can stomach it might be able to understand what it is like.
Faerie Dreams

No matter how you see it, it's still a potential life you ended, on purpose, that deserves more respect than that

Why?

Precious Darling

BonBon Master
Before I form a complete opinion on this, is this a home-made type video we're talking about, or did she bring an actual camera crew in and added voice over to explain what was going on and such? I'd appreciate it if someone let me know, because there is just no WAY I'm watching that video lol.

Probably home made.

But even with birth videos I wouldn't want to watch that s**t either. I saw one one time...in class...of a woman giving birth...it was disgusting. Just disgusting.

Anything with bodily fluids, blood, and tissue in it is disgusting to watch, regardless of what the procedure is. emotion_puke

Heroic Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Friendly 100
Phouc Yuu
BonBon Master

Probably home made.

But even with birth videos I wouldn't want to watch that s**t either. I saw one one time...in class...of a woman giving birth...it was disgusting. Just disgusting.

Anything with bodily fluids, blood, and tissue in it is disgusting to watch, regardless of what the procedure is. emotion_puke

Yeaaaah I would say homemade comes off as insensitive to me - at least if I didn't have the back story of why she did it. Conservatives could totally play it off as her showing off what she can do to a poor fetus and whatnot. In that sense, I think it was a bit irresponsible of her, since she basically just provided some cannon fodder to the other side which could overshadow the fact that the procedure was painless and whatnot.

Fluffy Fatcat

11,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Heckler 50
Sure, filming it was kind a dumb idea, considering how touchy this topic is to those who are "for" and "against. I can understand why she did it. Even though she's not the first one to do this, at least she did it as an example of what the procedure is like. I really don't get why extremists on both sides even bother fighting about it. Are they the ones getting the abortion? I think not. If someone wants the procedure done, it's their choice. Let them live with it. People fight over the stupidest things. -_-

Chatty Lunatic

11,775 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Streaker 200
Faerie Dreams
MemoriesOfGreen
Faerie Dreams
Nice, she made a video on how heartless she is...

Sorry but I don't feel you should merrily skip off after having an abortion
No matter how you see it, it's still a potential life you ended, on purpose, that deserves more respect than that

I think what bothers me are the pro-choice arguments that it's not really a human life. Seriously, it's your choice to terminate a pregnancy, but that's still a life forming inside of you. Quit pretending it's not. If you're gonna get an abortion, whatever. But don't try to convince the general public that a life is not a life because of whatever stage of pregnancy it's in.

I agree.
Idc if people get abortions, I understand that there are many situations you don't want to bring a child into.
You don't have to grieve for years, but don't go throwing a party either.

Seriously! Having an abortion is not something women typically want to broadcast over the net or dance in the streets about, even though it's a serious topic that does need some education on. It just seems like the woman in the article was being an attention whore. The tone I got from it was "HEY, LADIES! LET'S ALL HAVE AN ABORTION PARTY! FEEL GOOD ABOUT IT LIKE MEEEE!"

Eloquent Lunatic

Nope, totally ok with her or anyone skipping off into the sunset after an abortion. "Potential life" whatever! It's a sack of cells with no sentience, feelings, or awareness. Who cares?

Eloquent Lunatic

10,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
i HAVE AiDZ
Emily Letts believes abortions are safe and not necessarily a huge deal, so she made a video of her own operation to help convince others.
STUPID
STUPID
STUPID
STUPID
STUPID

DEAR CHRIST WOMAN

Look. I'm 100% pro-choice, but this is a clear defining example of "One step forward, three steps back". A completely tactless way of presenting an ideal. There are ways of showing that it's not as bad as people think, but this is certainly not one of them.

Lavish Husband

I see nothing wrong with this.

Certainly wouldn't be the first taped abortion.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
David2074

lol - capcha is 'bunny rabbit' - which years ago used to be involved in pregnancy tests.
(though contrary to popular perception the rabbit always died whether or not you were pregnant)
Well, it died because they killed it to remove its ovaries. I don't know that the rabbit always died in the later tests.

Quote:
In those early tests, the rabbit always died, because the animal had to be killed so its ovaries could be removed and examined. Later refinements to the test enabled clinicians to inspect the ovaries without having to kill the rabbits first
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/rabbit.asp#eQMhQ1UWyAzjSdWb.99

I suppose it would depend on whether the lab felt like re-using them.
I don't know why people think this is gross. She didn't even show anything other than her covered body.
But, let's just shame her for not being afraid of a medical procedure. She was trying to show other women how the procedure goes, but lets just shame her because the only thing we should teach about abortion is that only harlots and women of the devil do it.

Lucky Star

The Daario Naharis
Faerie Dreams

Why?

Common courtesy for all the women who want babies and are infertile.
Or were forced to have an abortion due to medical reasons or by family and really wanted a baby.
Or women who have stillborns, or babies that pass shortly after birth
even for the clump of cells that could have become a living breathing human being

Just be respectful....
Rubbing it in the face of others who can't "be in awe of how they created a life" how you can and then so easily destroy that life, without even a second thought or the slightest bit of remorse is just disrespectful to me

Malevolent Phantom

10,450 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Champion 300
  • Mark Twain 100
I don't understand how people can be happy after killing their child. I most likely never will understand.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff