Welcome to Gaia! ::

24,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Quote:

Though Chipotle is a family-friendly chain of restaurants serving "farm to face" fare, individual locations don't always roll out the red carpet for parents with babies. Last week, a mother discovered that her local Chipotle didn't have a baby changing table in the restroom. Her solution? To use a dining room table — in the middle of the dining area — instead. Consumerist talked with the baby's father about the incident and found that he was actually pretty apologetic. He called his wife's decision to use a table in the dining area "unsavory," and apologized for any "health code violations that she may have caused."

Chipotle did not kick the parents out after the incident, but employees did apparently look "horrified" as the diaper was being changed. They suggested that the parents go to the car to change the baby's diaper instead. Overall, the family felt that employees of Chipotle were unable to "empathize" with a parents' needs. The manager on duty told the parents that if they tried to change another dirty diaper in the dining area "they would immediately be asked to leave."

This isn't the first time a dirty diaper change in a restaurant has caused a ruckus. Last month, a mother was kicked out of a pizza restaurant after changing her baby's diaper on at the table. Though the mother didn't think she had done anything wrong, the manager at the restaurant was incredulous, and defended his decision to ask the family to leave: "How would you feel? You're sitting there eating. I don't want to lose all these other customers because they see a dirty diaper."

Source

eek

It sadly reads like a skit you'd see on SNL. Life is stranger than fiction.

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Quote:
Overall, the family felt that employees of Chipotle were unable to "empathize" with a parents' needs.

And I feel like the family is 'unable to empathize' with the people around them trying to eat and those that will get stuck with the table after them. Nasty ********.

lastborntripletmack's Significant Otter

Popular Seeker

37,665 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Simple Romantic 50
JamesWN
Quote:
Overall, the family felt that employees of Chipotle were unable to "empathize" with a parents' needs.

And I feel like the family is 'unable to empathize' with the people around them trying to eat and those that will get stuck with the table after them. Nasty ******** in their defence they will probably say they do allow breast feeding. But she could have changed the baby in the car like they said because they are breaking health code.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Quote:
Last month, a mother was kicked out of a pizza restaurant after changing her baby's diaper on at the table.

Don't forget that a mother sometime last year also got kicked out for changing her baby's diaper on a Starbucks table.

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
Like they don't have baby changing tables in the ladies bathrooms? COME ON!!! scream

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Lord Elwrind
Like they don't have baby changing tables in the ladies bathrooms? COME ON!!! scream

There are many restaurant bathrooms that don't have baby changing tables, especially if it's a one-person occupancy bathroom. Although there are some that do have it, a majority of the ones I've been into don't have a baby changing table.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Sakura Latte
Lord Elwrind

There are many restaurant bathrooms that don't have baby changing tables, especially if it's a one-person occupancy bathroom. Although there are some that do have it, a majority of the ones I've been into don't have a baby changing table.

But you would think that a restaurant that claims to be "family friendly" would have one. Either way, still no excuse what-so-ever to be changing a diaper on the tables where people eat.

Hallowed Wench

Quote:

******** breeders think that just because they have an overdeveloped cumshot they can ruin other people's dining. Entitled shitheads.

Bucktoothed Otaku

19,450 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Dressed Up 200
"You want 'extra sauce' with your taco? It's on that table over there.."

Tipsy Smoker

Umbral_Necropolitan
Quote:

******** breeders think that just because they have an overdeveloped cumshot they can ruin other people's dining. Entitled shitheads.
Why insult the baby for the parent's decision?

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Another annoying thing...

Restaurants that have changing tables in only one gender of restroom.

Yeah, this should have been done in the car or on the blanket on the restroom floor ( space permitting).

If it's too bad outside, then try heading home or a nearby place that does have a changing table.

For the future, they may want to bring emergency blankets. Let this fall into an emergency. You are supposed to have them in your car in the first place. If the weather is bad outside, then I can see this option not working out either.

Even if you are changing in someone's (think friends and family) home, you should be on a blanket, not on their dining room or coffee table. sweatdrop

The floor is also safer. I have seen many babies fall off of tables at restaurants! Nothing more frightening then watching a baby with blood streaming down their head/face because a parent looked away for a moment while having them on a table in a fast food restaurant >.<

Hallowed Wench

Chahklet
Umbral_Necropolitan
Quote:

Because I'm pissed off and mad at the world (having to cover someone's graveyard shift). Try being sterile and then see other people act like their special bundle of joy trumps everyone and everything else in the world.

Fashionable Reveler

14,000 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Hellraiser 500
Nobody wants to see poop while they're eating. That's just nasty emotion_puke

Tipsy Smoker

Umbral_Necropolitan
Chahklet
Umbral_Necropolitan
Quote:

Because I'm pissed off and mad at the world (having to cover someone's graveyard shift). Try being sterile and then see other people act like their special bundle of joy trumps everyone and everything else in the world.
It happens to me even as a parent. I just always take out on the origin source. I don't do this s**t with my kids or anyone else's so this is all on those parents.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Another American who thinks she is a victim because not everything was made nice and convenient for her.
I love my country but not everyone in it.

It's nice that those bathroom changing tables are now so common.
It's nice that I very frequently now see them in men's restrooms too. 30 years ago that was not the case. I can remember being very surprised the first time I saw one in a men's room.

But when they don't have one you make do. And making do does not mean health code violations and being disgusting to other diners. I've changed babies in the car, in the restroom on my coat on the floor, in the restroom on my lap -- and various other locations that did not involve exposing fellow diners to urine and feces.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff