Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Stuffed into 5 Pet Crates

On July 7, a driver with the American Humane Society of Newark caught a woman abandoning five pet crates on the doorstep of the New Jersey facility after hours. And when shelter workers investigated further, they were shocked at what they saw.

The crates of varying sizes contained a total of 39 cats, all suffering from different stages of neglect. The felines were crammed together in unclean small and medium crates, and many had health problems.

Upon intake, veterinarians treated the majority of the cats and they are now being nursed back to health by the shelter. The felines were not strays, but had spent their lives not being cared for properly.

In order to care for the cats properly, the Newark facility is asking for donations of canned cat and dry cat food. They are also seeking adoptive parents to provide these abandoned cats with loving, caring homes.

Pet360 did reach out to the shelter to see whether or not they are working with animal control officials to find the woman who abandoned the cats, but we have yet to receive a response. So far, it is unknown whether or not the shelter will work with officials to file cruelty charges.

This is not a barrel of Monky's game

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
I hope the woman who was caught abandoning these cats gets her a** whooped in prison.

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
You don't stuff that many cats into five cat carriers. I mean, you probably could if they were all kittens, but that's different. I feel so bad for those poor kitties.

Tipsy Rogue

9,575 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
I have a feeling this was done by a hoarder's relative or someone who lives with a hoarder. I don't think anyone who has that many animals to begin with would voluntary give them up.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff