Apocalyptic Cutesmasher

25,215 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
link

Quote:
Tainted juice at SJ Starbucks - arrest

A woman was arrested Monday for allegedly trying to sneak bottles of orange juice tainted with rubbing alcohol into a display case at a Starbucks coffee shop in San Jose, police said.

Ramineh Behbehanian, 50, walked into the coffee shop on the 6000 block of Snell Avenue about 3:45 p.m. and was seen by a customer removing two bottles of orange juice from a bag and then placing them on a shelf with other refrigerated items, police said.

As the customer notified employees about the suspicious behavior, the suspect fled, authorities said.

Employees examined the bottles and noticed a "toxic smell to them," police said.

San Jose firefighters who responded determined the bottles contained a mixture of orange juice and isopropyl alcohol, or rubbing alcohol, police said.

Officers tracked down the suspect at 8:30 p.m. at her home on Chambertin Drive in San Jose with the help of a Starbucks employee who had jotted down her license plate number.

Police said they believe Behbehanian acted alone but her motive was unclear.

No one drank the juice, authorities said.

Rapire's Queen

Demonic Cutie-Pie

X

User Image
            Why? Just why? neutral

I have to wonder if she's either not right in the head, or just stupid. It's good someone noticed before anyone drank those. Though people should always check if the cap has already been opened, but still sometimes people forget.

It's scary to know people will try anything and everything to harm people they don't even know. I hope this lady gets some serious charges for this.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Reminds me of the Tylenol scare several years ago.

WTF is up with some people?

Geared Spirit

As if the s**t at Starbucks isn't poisonous enough... whee

Loyal Exhibitionist

Wow. That's just terrible.

I'm just glad the customer pointed it out to the employees so nobody else would get sick or even killed from the toxic chemicals in the orange juice.

If I was an employe at Starbucks, I'd give him a free coffee of his choosing, along with a muffin, because what he did potentially saved the company millions in lawsuits.. and the lives of a couple of people.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff