Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dewati
OK, I had enough with the KONY 2012 stuff.

A month ago, we wouldn't had bothered with helping the Africans who starved, or exploited as child soldiers. But now, because of some 30 minute video posted by a charity which had been declared as dodgy- and I mean, been given a two-star rating for siphoning more funding to salaries and video making than actual help, you decided to start the whole thing.

Watching 30 minutes of a Kony video does not make you an activist. Being actively campaigning for the important issues that are more serious than the First World Problems makes you an activist.

Get over yourself.

A Kony 2012 thread that isn't advertising the campaign but using it to teach a lesson to these "activists" who think that they're the next Jesus cause they watched a video! I applaud to thee!
crisissoul
Dewati
OK, I had enough with the KONY 2012 stuff.

A month ago, we wouldnt had bothered with helping the Africans who starved, or exploited as child soldiers. But now, because of some 30 minute video posted by a charity which had been declared as dodgy- and I mean, been given a two-star rating for siphoning more funding to salaries and video making than actual help, you decided to start the whole thing.

Watching 30 minutes of a Kony video does not make you an activist. Being actively campaigning for the important issues that are more serious than the First World Problems makes you an activist.

Get over yourself.

A Kony 2012 thread that isnt advertising the campaign but using it to teach a lesson to these activists who think that theyre the next Jesus cause they watched a video! I applaud to thee!

Lets hope the Japanese Red Cross does something about this: making child soldiers history.

5,450 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
http://seet.weebly.com/1/post/2012/03/concerning-kony-2012.html

Dangerous Lunatic

Can I just state that there are not only people starving to death in bloody Africa. They're starving all over the goddamn world, and no, Africa is NOT the worst.
Secondly, I think it's good that people start caring. Sure it doesn't make them activists, but if some people can actually be bothered to watch someone for 30 minutes and try and spread it around, I say that's good on them.
America doesn't do anything, we hate them.
America does something, we still hate them.

At least people are paying attention, whether it's for their own good or others.

Sparkling Senshi

I just don't understand how people don't think to do some research before forming an opinion. I'm sure someone could have made the exact same video about a made up person and people would have jumped on the OMG I HAVE TO STOP THIS bandwagon because they didn't bother to look into the issue :/
I heard that Invisible Children got a 2/5 rating on Charity Navigator (try looking it up).

Seriously, Kony wasn't there for two years! He just gone off like hell!

Dangerous Lunatic

14,925 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Dewati
I heard that Invisible Children got a 2/5 rating on Charity Navigator (try looking it up).

Seriously, Kony wasn't there for two years! He just gone off like hell!

Actually last anyone heard of him being in Uganda was 6 years ago. neutral
Don't understand why do so now... -___-

Barton Mage

21,325 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • That One Hero 500
  • Generous 100
Yes he hasn't been in Uganda since 2006, but he's still out there committing crimes in other African countries. He's nothing but a glorified child molester & murderer. We wouldn't allow 1 to go free here so why should Africa be any different?
Ookami_Sumimura
Yes he hasn't been in Uganda since 2006, but he's still out there committing crimes in other African countries. He's nothing but a glorified child molester & murderer. We wouldn't allow 1 to go free here so why should Africa be any different?

We do not need any charity that put money ahead of causes to put Kony on a trial! We got more reputable ones to do that!
i agree, i watched the video and yeah i shared it to my twitter. But people who did the same as I claim to be activists, no you've done nothing but help spread the word via social network.

Barton Mage

21,325 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • That One Hero 500
  • Generous 100
Dewati
Ookami_Sumimura

We do not need any charity that put money ahead of causes to put Kony on a trial! We got more reputable ones to do that!

The charity isn't just for catching him. It's also for rehabilitating the ppl that he's harmed.
I heard that this video is only attracting naive, wannabe "activists".

Everyone uses child soldiers! Not just Kony. Come on, the charity "Invisible Children" is greedy and only gives 32% to the actual cause.

May I need to repeat again?

Girl-Crazy Gawker

Hahaha I know so many white girls who think they're being good people by changing their tumblr icon to Stop Kony slogans, favoriting Kony 2012 art on Deviantart, and printing out sheets that say "Kony 2012! Make him famous!" and then taping them up in the school hallways. While it's great that they care, they parade around with this superior attitude like they've actually done s**t.

Shady Zapper

Kony hasn't been active there for a long time. They're actually having trouble with Al-Qaeda now, apparently. :/
Plus, Kony's probably dead, so...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces