Welcome to Gaia! ::

OK, I had enough with the KONY 2012 stuff.

A month ago, we wouldn't had bothered with helping the Africans who starved, or exploited as child soldiers. But now, because of some 30 minute video posted by a charity which had been declared as dodgy- and I mean, been given a two-star rating for siphoning more funding to salaries and video making than actual help, you decided to start the whole thing.

Watching 30 minutes of a Kony video does not make you an activist. Being actively campaigning for the important issues that are more serious than the First World Problems makes you an activist.

Get over yourself.

Barton Mage

21,325 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • That One Hero 500
  • Generous 100
No just watching the vid doesn't make you an activist, but getting the info to ppl who actually have the power to stop this monster does. If everyone had the attitude of if it doesn't affect me directly then it doesn't matter & it isn't worth fighting for, then nothing would ever be done about these monsters. No child deserves to live in fear of whether or not they'll be kidnapped & forced to murder their parents.
Uganda is certainly not "fine". While the people that post the video once and think they're helping the world are quite annoying, at least they're opening eyes to the horrors of what can happen in other countries.

Profitable Prophet

7,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Dewati
OK, I had enough with the KONY 2012 stuff.

A month ago, we wouldn't had bothered with helping the Africans who starved, or exploited as child soldiers. But now, because of some 30 minute video posted by a charity which had been declared as dodgy- and I mean, been given a two-star rating for siphoning more funding to salaries and video making than actual help, you decided to start the whole thing.

Watching 30 minutes of a Kony video does not make you an activist. Being actively campaigning for the important issues that are more serious than the First World Problems makes you an activist.

Get over yourself.

Brilliant!! You are wise beyond measure!!

Divine Anubutt

27,850 Points
  • Skilled Snowfriend Architect 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
The Lucie-Saurus
Uganda is certainly not "fine". While the people that post the video once and think they're helping the world are quite annoying, at least they're opening eyes to the horrors of what can happen in other countries.

i didn't mean it's fine like that >.< nvm i didn't mean it was fine >.<; bad choice of words DX I should have just stuck to lurking x-x

Noob

Can someone fill me in on this nonsense?

Noob

wafflecopper
Swaggums
Can someone fill me in on this nonsense?
This is exactly what I get for posting anything on this website. xd
Even Ugandans hate this ******** Kony bullshit.

I'm watching this film for the first time right now, and already it screams high-grade intelligence op.

Lovey-girly's Fangirl

Invisible Seeker

38,315 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
B-b-b-but clicking the Like button shows everyone that the person is a concerned humanitarian! gonk
Ookami_Sumimura
No just watching the vid doesnt make you an activist, but getting the info to ppl who actually have the power to stop this monster does. If everyone had the attitude of if it doesnt affect me directly then it doesnt matter it isnt worth fighting for, then nothing would ever be done about these monsters. No child deserves to live in fear of whether or not theyll be kidnapped forced to murder their parents.

Yes, I certainly strongly agree with your opinion. But I am a bit sceptical about the charitys ethics as much as the Ugandan kids being kidnapped by that Kony d**k or some other guy. I am sad that people do not care about the child soldiers until now. It is too late for those affected.

Do you think Gaia can do a fundraising activity similar to the one last year?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff