Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Phantom

7,700 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Regular 100
If I could, I would live forever but only if I can stay in physically and mentally fit. I'd like to either perish with the future humans if we screw up or be able to be there the day we finally contact intelligent life outside our planet.

Demonic Fairy

13,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Jack-pot 100
Call me selfish if you want, but I'd rather postpone deah for as long as possible, thanks. If someone offered me immortality, I'd take it in a heartbeat. It's not like I'd stop working, or something. As long as I were capable of being productive, I'd remain gainfully employed. But to be perfectly honest, the whole "disappearing forever" thing holds no appeal.

I'll gladly be sterilized in exchange, too, ensuring that I can't bring any more people into the world in exchange for my permanence. Can't have biological preferences on this side of the fence anyway, and I wouldn't even if I were straight; birth sounds awful. Adoption is the way to go.

I'm being completely serious. I'm honestly surprised how few people seem to feel this way. Perhaps it's because I don't believe in an afterlife. Who knows? Regardless, I'd like to live as long as possible, thank you very much.

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
Imortality sounds like it'd be hell for me, just another handfull of decades to toil to make jerks who want to be gods richer. Some of it might be nostalgia but for the most part I see sociaty only inching along at a snail's pace forward. Not to mention the fact that I have seen what aging does to the mind, my greatest treasure. Medicine might keep the body from falling apart like upkeep might keep the coponents of a computer from breaking but the code inside can still become corrupted. I'm in no rush to head out the exit, but I intend to get there when the time comes.

Dedicated Student

Ringoringa
Call me selfish if you want, but I'd rather postpone deah for as long as possible, thanks. If someone offered me immortality, I'd take it in a heartbeat. It's not like I'd stop working, or something. As long as I were capable of being productive, I'd remain gainfully employed. But to be perfectly honest, the whole "disappearing forever" thing holds no appeal.

I'll gladly be sterilized in exchange, too, ensuring that I can't bring any more people into the world in exchange for my permanence. Can't have biological preferences on this side of the fence anyway, and I wouldn't even if I were straight; birth sounds awful. Adoption is the way to go.

I'm being completely serious. I'm honestly surprised how few people seem to feel this way. Perhaps it's because I don't believe in an afterlife. Who knows? Regardless, I'd like to live as long as possible, thank you very much.

I am actually right there with you. I don't rally care if it's selfish. I do plenty of unselfish things in my life. I don't see why for once I can't be selfish. I want to live as long as possible and maybe forever if I ever for sure found out there was no afterlife. Just fading into non exsistance isn't appealing to me either. Which is partly the reason I hold my beliefs. Although That isn't the sol reason. I don't often discuss my other reasoning because people would question it to the point that I would get frustrated, and I can't prove anything to anyone but myself. So I don't bother.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Certainly not anyone who's seen Death Becomes Her. lol

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Based on how long my great-grandmothers (father's grandparents) had lived for, I'd say that I'm probably gonna live until I'm ninety-something anyways. My great-grandma Julia died in 2007 and my great-grandma Nati only died last year, if I remember right. Might have been the year before. Either way, the women from my dad's side of the family tend to live pretty long anyways. Although my mom's worried that my dad will die somewhere in his 50's, like his father and grandfather before him.

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
Depending on where you live, I could see wanting to live forever.

If you were rich, perhaps. But even the rich have their problems.

I don't want to live to be old enough to require assistance, that's for sure.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff