• Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Jack-pot 100
What a bunch of babies.

Gaian

GunsmithKitten
Lulamoon Sage
GunsmithKitten

You know, the "Eat your peas, kids are starving in Africa!" line didn't work on me when I was five. Why would it work on me now?

That's like saying someone with a gunshot wound should shut up because someone in the world just had their head cut off.
Hooray for maturing early? I wasn't here to push any agenda. All I did was post a stupid comment in a thread about a subject I think is stupid.

And I commented on the stupidity of your comment. Welcome to public forums, honey.
Thanks! I don't intentionally post stupid stuff often, so you won't have to deal with it from me too regularly. Most of the time, my posts here in this particular forum are dead serious.

JamesWN's Wife

Colorful Hourglass

The hoity toity are at it again,doesn't surprise me.>>;
GunsmithKitten
Lulamoon Sage
First world problems are a b***h to worry about, aren't they? People being massacred in the Middle-East by their own countrymen and governments and starving children in Bangladesh? Pah! That's nothing compared to what some poor Westerners face when they have to look at other poor Westerners coming in to get free coffee where there's no ever present danger of them being kidnapped and beheaded in a cave somewhere or something. Such a TRAVESTY!

You know, the "Eat your peas, kids are starving in Africa!" line didn't work on me when I was five. Why would it work on me now?

That's like saying someone with a gunshot wound should shut up because someone in the world just had their head cut off.
It shouldn't work on anyone. Saying someone's problem's aren't a big deal just because someone else has worse ones is a horrible thing to do, and shows a complete lack of empathy.

Evolved Hunter

deadguy
GunsmithKitten
Lulamoon Sage
First world problems are a b***h to worry about, aren't they? People being massacred in the Middle-East by their own countrymen and governments and starving children in Bangladesh? Pah! That's nothing compared to what some poor Westerners face when they have to look at other poor Westerners coming in to get free coffee where there's no ever present danger of them being kidnapped and beheaded in a cave somewhere or something. Such a TRAVESTY!

It shouldn't work on anyone. Saying someone's problem's aren't a big deal just because someone else has worse ones is a horrible thing to do, and shows a complete lack of empathy.

I agree. Even over stupid, menial s**t, you can get the same point across better by saying in the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal. That way you don't make the other person feel bad for feeling the way they do. That kind of thing is only acceptable when someone is acting like a spoiled brat over something - not for complaining about minor annoyances.

"Oh I can't be upset over this - there's some kid starving in ********!"

Amateur Detective

35,390 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bookworm 100
Glorious Leader Luna
Alexander J Luthor

So, basically it's lower middle and poor class people being reminded of how how poor they really are by other poor class people, and getting pissy about it? Jesus, at least here in America we go by who shops at Walmart or not. You have a chance to not be a redneck, not immediately branded as one.

In the UK it's sort of like this

Netto -Underclass
Aldi -Underclass
Iceland -Working class
ASDA - (Part of Walmart) Lower middle class
Morrison’s -Lower middle class
Tesco -Middle Class
Sainsbury’s - Middle Class
Waitrose -Upper Middle class
Booth’s - Upper class
Mark’s and Spencer’s -The Elite

Upper Middle class is rich that's as far as money will take you in Social class any higher needs blood.

******** the police, I love Aldi. Good products, good selection, amazing prices, speedy checkouts, great benefits for employees. You bet your sweet a** I shop there. Honestly people who shop at more 'classy' stores for the image and brands deserve to have their wallets raped.

And ******** yeah for free coffee. There's nothing wrong with free coffee, and people while it may bring in folks just in it for the coffee that's not going to bring down the neighborhood. It's a nice perk to shop there for sure. Acting like it's going to bring in too many 'common people' just shows how snobby some of their customers are.

Aekea Explorer

12,950 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Are these people serious? I'm laughing so hard right now at their pretentiousness.

Dangerous Loiterer

[******** the police, I love Aldi. Good products, good selection, amazing prices, speedy checkouts, great benefits for employees. You bet your sweet a** I shop there. Honestly people who shop at more 'classy' stores for the image and brands deserve to have their wallets raped. ALDI is the best place for getting delicious German chocolate nobody's ever heard of!

Amateur Detective

35,390 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bookworm 100
[******** the police, I love Aldi. Good products, good selection, amazing prices, speedy checkouts, great benefits for employees. You bet your sweet a** I shop there. Honestly people who shop at more 'classy' stores for the image and brands deserve to have their wallets raped. ALDI is the best place for getting delicious German chocolate nobody's ever heard of!
Damn skippy they do. Plus they got some nice wine. How the hell is that underclass? A store with more produce than alcoholic beverages is not underclass.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Not sure what to think of this story. Bemused. Disgusted.
Though it is interesting to see that snotty British folks are not limited to period piece movies.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
jamilee-nicole

Damn skippy they do. Plus they got some nice wine. How the hell is that underclass? A store with more produce than alcoholic beverages is not underclass.

Funny thing, my Land Lord shops there to get some stuff including a kind of yogurt his wife eats. I went in there recently to get a gift certificate for them because she is one who is hard to buy for and she has very simple needs.
Anyway, I walked in there for the first time and got WOW-ed and immediately found myself "in trouble" as I "had to shop" in there first (eye-balling everything). Found some stuff you cannot find anywhere else! I was sooo tempted to get a grocery cart full! But I was there to get something and had to tear myself away. I did get something for myself I actually needed, however. Having been on antibiotics recently, I needed probiotics and got me some drinkable yogurt I cannot find anywhere else.

I love that place!

Lionheart

11,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
Glorious Leader Luna
Satin with Latin
Glorious Leader Luna
Alexander J Luthor

So, basically it's lower middle and poor class people being reminded of how how poor they really are by other poor class people, and getting pissy about it? Jesus, at least here in America we go by who shops at Walmart or not. You have a chance to not be a redneck, not immediately branded as one.

In the UK it's sort of like this

Netto -Underclass
Aldi -Underclass
Iceland -Working class
ASDA - (Part of Walmart) Lower middle class
Morrison’s -Lower middle class
Tesco -Middle Class
Sainsbury’s - Middle Class
Waitrose -Upper Middle class
Booth’s - Upper class
Mark’s and Spencer’s -The Elite

Upper Middle class is rich that's as far as money will take you in Social class any higher needs blood.

Tesco is middle class now? What happened?

Hudls

By that logic, Aldi's middle class because they released their own brand Medion Lifetab a few months ago. Also, you definitely got Marks & Spencers and Waitrose mixed up. Waitrose is, by far, the elite.

Also, does Netto even exist anymore? I haven't seen them in YEARS (We used to have one in a nearby town, but it shut down years ago) and my Nana I used to love those bags of broken, mismatched biscuits they had. Made you feel like a ******** king if you found an intact Jaffa Cake in one.

Feral Nymph

eek

*drives off to semi-local Aldi's*

The only one in these parts isn't the closest, which is the only reason why I've only been there once or twice.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Philip Storm
Also, does Netto even exist anymore? I haven't seen them in YEARS (We used to have one in a nearby town, but it shut down years ago) and my Nana I used to love those bags of broken, mismatched biscuits they had. Made you feel like a ******** king if you found an intact Jaffa Cake in one.

The ******** is a Jaffa cake?

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Nyadriel
jamilee-nicole

Funny thing, my Land Lord shops there to get some stuff including a kind of yogurt his wife eats. I went in there recently to get a gift certificate for them because she is one who is hard to buy for and she has very simple needs.
Anyway, I walked in there for the first time and got WOW-ed and immediately found myself "in trouble" as I "had to shop" in there first (eye-balling everything). Found some stuff you cannot find anywhere else! I was sooo tempted to get a grocery cart full! But I was there to get something and had to tear myself away. I did get something for myself I actually needed, however. Having been on antibiotics recently, I needed probiotics and got me some drinkable yogurt I cannot find anywhere else.

I love that place!
The Aldi corporation owns Trader Joe's, so based on that fact I'd probably enjoy shopping at their other stores. What brand of yogurt was it?

(TJ's also gives out free coffee to its customers - delicious coffee! emotion_drool )

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff