Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sweet Humorist

15,425 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Informer 100
Catarina Migliorini Virgin Auction Morphs Into Reality TV Series

Quote:
Losing your virginity -- a once-in-a-lifetime event -- may soon become a weekly affair.

Australian filmmaker Justin Sisely became a controversial figure last year when he began filming Virgins Wanted, a documentary film project where a man and a woman auction off the rights to first access of their private parts.

It was originally supposed to be a feature-length documentary. Now, Sisely is promoting it as a reality TV series, which is set to debut at MIPCOM, an entertainment trade fair in October in Cannes, France.

"It is now a factual series," Sisely said to The Huffington Post by email. "We have signed a distribution contract with a leading global multi-national distributor of television content."
The worldwide publicity juggernaut surrounding the virgin auction has stroked Sisely's entreprenuerial spirit and he is hoping to create a franchise.

"We are looking into a 'VW 2' due to the large amounts of emails we are still recieving from virgins and potential bidders looking for virgins all over the globe. (At least 50 per week)," he told Huff Post. "We have recieved over 500 videos of men and women from all over the world outlining why they should be the next virgin to auction their virginity."
This will not end well.

Interesting Lunatic

Women have been told for centuries to save their "special gift" for the highest bidder - the man who gives her the biggest shiny rock, has the fanciest house, the best job, highest social status, what-have-you. Might as well be honest about it and get money you can actually use from the deal.

Demonic Fairy

13,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Jack-pot 100
So it's like virgin prostitution, basically. Nothing against prostitutes, of course; I don't even think the practice should be illegal. I'm just saying we should call it like it is.

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
As a virgin myself, I do not approve.

15,850 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
ew. emotion_facepalm

Chatty Lunatic

11,775 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Streaker 200
Basically, you have someone else pay you to break ya in. I bet the sex would be lousy... just sayin'.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
While I personally see nothing wrong with a virgin adult selling his or her virginity away, why the ******** don't they just call it prostitution?

I hate it when people do what is obviously prostitution, and insist that it's not prostitution. s**t, some housewives are practically prostitutes (not most of them, but only some of them). Gold diggers are unofficial prostitutes. Sugar Babies are basically prostitutes whether they admit it or not. If someone is giving you money or goods in exchange for sex with you, you are a prostitute.

Please keep in mind that I approve of honest prostitution.

I think prostitution needs to be legalized and regulated. Consensual virginity selling can be very very profitable. Some people just have that sort of kink. I've known quite a few men who wanted to ******** me when I was a virgin, and they willingly admitted it was because I was a virgin.

Edit: If I misread the article in some way, please let me know. Did anyone there admit it was prostitution?

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I see a lot of nerd kings and queens applying for this show and being poorly humiliated.

Apocalyptic Rogue

21,100 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Hooker Virgins

Lonely Gaian

The best next hit is coming to a theatre near you. Prosititution: The Musical.

Shy Wife

10,600 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
As a vergin myself i find this very distasteful and but people are ganna do this thats there life

Hygienic Reveler

Rothus
The best next hit is coming to a theatre near you. Prosititution: The Musical.

I can see it now.

AND the world continues to go down the crapper....... I can't imagine how proud those virgin's parents must be. sweatdrop and that is A PARENTAL FAIL rolleyes

Moonlight Gekko

7,900 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hunter 50
Well they'll only be able to do it once

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers