Welcome to Gaia! ::

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Ontological Empiricism
This is what I like to call "grasping at straws." They can't fathom that there's not a clear-cut answer to why someone might shoot up a school, a movie theater, or a mall -- where have you -- so they turn to the media. "Video games/movies/books/TV shows are too violent, ergo they cause people to commit violence."

Take, for example, when Columbine happened. People blamed Marilyn Manson because of his music is "violent" and "dark". People will always find a scapegoat to blame for someone's actions, instead of actually blaming the perpetrator.

People also blamed KMFDM and the Video Game they played.

People were actting like being picked on was either Zero Percent or One Hundred Percent responsible.

They decided that the boys were Nazi because of KMFDM.

Marilyn thought everything was rediculous but tried to teach adults and children.

KMFDM had to cancel some things and had to take some private time as they were accused of being Nazis and being threatened by a range of things. KMFDM had moved to America under Political Asylum. They were originally from Germany, but they protested their country's history and liked to make songs or draw attention to things like when the Government would start running programs again that would require ungavored peoples to go some where and locations where camps were being preserved and brought back to running condition. The group had just split up and then their members had to switch to focusing on things like not being sent back to Germany and taking care of family while the media insisted that KMFDM was a Nazi group spreading the messages of Nazism and working for a new reitch and junk like that.

The game that the blame was focused on switched to free and they dropped work they were doing on sequels/prequals. The sequal was pretty much free, too. It's been a long time,.. but I think the game was called Blood. It was painfully short and clearly an attempt to combine every popular game that had come out the past few years. I played a few games like it at the time so I am trying to straighten out which is which in my head. I think it started with " You have been reawakened",.. there are about a dozen monsters in it, most of them you mistake for normal people at first,.. every person and monster in it is supernatural though. I think when you kill everything you just end up in the Grave again and Satan is like " You may think you have won, but you lost. You have reawakened." It's just like a room and a graveyard so it was short. Multiplayer mode sucked because it was too small. It wasn't spectacular enough to do anything for anyone. If there is any moral to it is you are screwed if you die because you will be bored for all eternity killing the exact same supernatural people and animals over and over again while Satan mocks you. I had more complicated Freeware/Shareware then that thing XD

Liberal Fatcat

Good grief this has to be the 3rd article I read this week where video games are apparently the cause of all that is bad in the world. Give our nay-saying politicians a video game to play for about 10 minutes and see if they get the urge to kill somebody. I would still like to see a study that "proves" violent video games will turn someone into a bloodthirsty murderer.
The ESRB is there for a reason. ******** look at it. Parents should stop blaming the video game companies and actually parent their own kid. You know you dont have to buy an M rated game for your 10 year old, no matter how much he begs and cries for it.

Interesting Fairy

15,340 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Agent-Sarah
Yeah, video games are such a HUGE problem than the mental health of mentally unstable people that uses them, music or movies as a scapegoat. rolleyes Hey Lamar, go ******** yourself.
We do know Video games can play into "a" factor. It does for Obesity so why not question if it plays a factor partically those who are mentally unstable.
Politicians are a bigger problem than anything in this country...

Greedy Consumer

Agent-Sarah
That Scruffy Mule
Politician horribly out of touch with reality.
Pope Catholic.
Water Wet.
Bears in Woods.
More at 11.

Cats living with dogs.
Fire hot.
Your parents had sex to make your little sibling.

Pigs might fly.
Hell might be real.
Hell might freeze over.
Are kids playing games where you can hurt people a good influence?
Marijuana might kill people.

Greedy Consumer

PantheaMarlon
Agent-Sarah
Yeah, video games are such a HUGE problem than the mental health of mentally unstable people that uses them, music or movies as a scapegoat. rolleyes Hey Lamar, go ******** yourself.
We do know Video games can play into "a" factor. It does for Obesity so why not question if it plays a factor partically those who are mentally unstable.
That brings up videogame liscences, liscences to play rated M games lol.
Agent-Sarah
[
Your parents had sex to make your little sibling.

Nowadays they can buy a turkey baster and order Grade A semen to make your sibling, so that isn't exactly true. Go microwaves!!

I was wondering how long it was going to take for this to start. The deflection, once again, from the mental health profession to the scapegoats. Games are a lot like guns. They're used to catch the s**t because shrinks don't want to have to tell law enforcement that their patient is a bedwetting homicidal maniac that rubs off to episodes of Dexter. (May as well blame TV as well as games, right?)

Ice-Cold Bloodsucker

19,890 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Elocutionist 200
It's sad that we live in a world of scapgoats, that instead of blaming the people who commited these crimes, the media gives them a bunch of excuses as to why the did it.

Geared Spirit

America doesn't have a violent video game problem, they have a problem with voting the most ignorant individuals they can find into leadership positions. Of the people, for the people and by the people has become 'of the ignorant, for the corporate agenda, by the corrupt political office'...

Witty Phantom

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE.
User Image
User Image
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out