Welcome to Gaia! ::

its funny how america overreacts so damned hard to anything that has to do with kids, and will go so far as to blame everything but the kids who are ******** up in the heads or the parents who dont really give two shits about their kids until something happens.

nope, its video games.

Lazy Krampus

12,300 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
In the United States the overall murder rate is 4.8.

The island of St. Thomas, in the United States Virgin islands,it’s illegal to be even be caught with ammunition much less a gun. The murder rate there is 39.2.

I think it should be obvious that taking guns away from law abiding citizens is not the answer.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Wealthy Hoarder

And playing Pokemon makes me an animal abuser how?

On topic now..

Banning guns isn't the answer. We have our 2nd amendment for a reason .

More on the subject but I am not going to write it on the public board. Sorry.

Dangerous Lunatic

Bob Dobbs
In the United States the overall murder rate is 4.8.

The island of St. Thomas, in the United States Virgin islands,it’s illegal to be even be caught with ammunition much less a gun. The murder rate there is 39.2.

I think it should be obvious that taking guns away from law abiding citizens is not the answer.

It's great that no one is doing that then.

In Denmark the gun laws don't get much stricter and their murder rate is 1
In Norway a lot of people own a gun, but the state registers it, their murder rate is 0.6.
In Iceland it's basically impossible to own a firearm, their murder rate is 0.3.
In Germany the laws are also quite strict and their murder rate is 0.8
On the Ivory coast there are no gun laws and the murder rate is 50.
There are certain parts of Mexico where the murder rate is over 100.

Bring on an actual argument.

Lonely Nerd

Quotable Noob

8,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Window Shopper 100
DOES THIS MEAN THAT WE HAVE TO REGISTER WHEN WE BUY VIDEO GAMES? IS THAT WHAT IT'S GOING TO COME TO?

Dapper Informer

9,200 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
I'm honestly afraid that our video games will turn into giggly gumdrops and rainbow farts if it is decided that video games are too mind altering for the general public.

Satisfied Gorilla - x's Partner In Crime

Shadowy Explorer

17,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Marathon 300
emotion_facepalm

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
yum_tea So instead of addressing the deplorable state of mental healthcare and the stigma attached to mental illness that prevents people from seeking assistance, we're just going to ban video games.

Yup. Seem legit. rolleyes
guns and video games = awesome
The online webcomic "Penny Arcade" put it best

"It's a strange kind of patriot that would attack the first amendment to protect the second..."

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Back in the days before Video Games there was no War and no Violence. That Simulated Table Tennis / Simulated Pong changed everything mad People snapped and were going on rampages with paddles and ping pong balls destroying buildings and killing people ! _ !

Okay,.. no seriously,...

Yes,.. Video Games have some effect on people,.. and guns,.. and music,.. and movies, and what you read, and what you are taught, and your life experiences, and your community,... and sports,.. and...

Yes, there are alot of factors that attribute to a person.

But maniacs killing people out of the blue predates Video Games and Guns. 3nodding

The thing about these shocking killings are they are not predicted, not stopped, and can involve unexpected targets.

[ I can't type about Gaians and Mental Health because some of them want things to the point that 100% of Americans would be effected,.. pretty much comatose in a bed. People have no clue what they are saying. But that's okay because they aren't a Psychologist or Psychiatrist luckily.]
I have discovered the perfect way to prevent gun issues! Let's just make it illegal for people to interact! No interaction=no killing! But, let's just ban video games instead! /end sarcasm
I seriously don't understand why people just want to blame it on video games! Just because someone likes shooting games doesn't instantly mean they are serial killers. If that were true, more than half the population would have been wiped out.
All I can say is... HOW ORIGINAL!!!!

Barton Paladin

17,690 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
This headline should read: "US Senator Says, 'My Head Is So Far Up My a** I Can See What I Had For Lunch.'"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff