Blessed Shapeshifter

7,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Pia Austin
Bookish Tigress
Pia Austin
I think these students have a reason to protest given they have to dress according to a gender binary, (man or woman). Meanwhile gender is socially constructed not biological. Damn can people down South stop giving me reasons not to live there. The cost of living up Northeast is a pain, but I really don't want my children growing up next to people whose life would be so disrupted by women wearing "men's" clothing and visa versa that they would make it their upmost priority to ensure it is in the school's code

And I'm tired of people vaguely referring to "the South" like it's the Civil War. rolleyes No matter where you go, there will be asshats and problems associated with said asshats. Sounds to me like the kids protesting need to be put in their place for being so damn immature about a matter that is complicated to begin with.

I'm not sure if the article said anything about this, but did Leah suddenly decide to dress according to her gender identity or is this something she has been doing for some time? It might be insensitive of me, but why didn't she wait until she graduated? She only has three months and it would save her having to deal with immature brats. neutral

It is insensitive why should have to wait when she can re-educate some of her neighbors about the difference between biological sex and gender. I honestly do not understand how I offended you. Its not like I said all the South is like this, and if they are so called good, tolerant people down there how do all the laws regarding gay marriage and adoption get passed. I think most of the good tolerant people end up moving some place else. Anyway you missed the entire point of the post

You referred to the south as some kind of cohesive, ridiculous whole and we're not. As for laws getting passed, that has something to do with religion. Christianity is big in southern states, but that doesn't mean they're backwards. That just means they hold that certain things (like abortion and gay marriage) are uncomfortable topics at best. Judging people based on their view of such things (especially when most of them don't act out violently on those beliefs) is silly.

Now I will admit that there have been some awful crimes based on said aforementioned beliefs, but I can also say that I grew up in a family and around neighbors that would be tolerant of a transgender/gay/what have you. In fact I had more gay friends in highschool and college than I did straight friends.

As for the rest of your comment, I wasn't focusing on it. So I didn't miss it. I was just pointing out that passing judgment on a group based on the activities of those most of us find disgusting isn't fair. That's all.

Quotable Noob

8,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Window Shopper 100
I can see t differently if the person was a transvestite.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff