Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Elder

7,300 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
I think most of you are missing the point here. Not only is it limiting the voting eights of illegal citizens and those without IDs, but ANY MINORITY THE GOVERNMENT SEES FIT. Perhaps you are unaware but that can mean in the country, you state, the world, the region, anything. A minority is a minority, and they are still PEOPLE. This kind of thing needs to stop. Yet you're all focusing on how ONE MINORITY shouldn't be allowed to vote? This honestly scares me. You need to open your eyes and see the damage this could do.

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Quote:
Not only is it limiting the voting eights of illegal citizens

Illegal immigrants don't have the right to vote...

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Mei tsuki7
I completely agree with SCOTUS. I personally think the "formula" should just be all states. All states should have to get preapproval. We have already seen how a lot of areas that do not fit in the formula have passed laws severely limiting voting. They need to fall under the VRA as well. Plus we have had a huge influx of hispanics in the past few decades and the formula needs to reflect that.

this this this this this this

Especially with all the recent crap going on the last elections that came to light publicly.
Neither Party (or any other) should be allowed to influence who gets to vote - and no state or or locals should be allowed to inhibit in any way.

As for ID's, it IS difficult for a lot of people to obtain - maintain one if there is no one to help those people out. Many elderly have not enough money to cover it nor can leave their homes because of lack of transportation. Where is the assistance for them? (just an example)

I still think we need to use thumbprints placed somewhere on our IDs, like under our photos, as well as a system that ties in Nationally (would cut down on fraud). I do not car about the so-called "privacy" issues regarding that either. If you are legit, you should not have a problem with it.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Haruna6795
I think most of you are missing the point here. Not only is it limiting the voting eights of illegal citizens and those without IDs, but ANY MINORITY THE GOVERNMENT SEES FIT. Perhaps you are unaware but that can mean in the country, you state, the world, the region, anything. A minority is a minority, and they are still PEOPLE. This kind of thing needs to stop. Yet you're all focusing on how ONE MINORITY shouldn't be allowed to vote? This honestly scares me. You need to open your eyes and see the damage this could do.

I already see the harm this will do the moment I heard it on the news yesterday afternoon. This is gonna bite us in the butt real fast.

And James is right. Illegal immigrants have no voting rights. I do not know about the rules concern legal immigrants, however. Unless they are attempting citizenship.
Awesome. How about a voter eligibility test where you have to name the kids of Martin Luther King, Jr and at least 6 shows on BET.

Conservative Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I'm still not sure what to think. As a conservative, I think States should be able to run things by themselves to a certain extent.
As a black American woman I would prefer to keep the Act the way it was to make sure nothing fishy is going on. But I do look forward to a more updated Voting Rights Act. Hopefully people know that racism isn't completely gone from our country.

Distinct Elder

7,300 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
Nyadriel
Haruna6795

I already see the harm this will do the moment I heard it on the news yesterday afternoon. This is gonna bite us in the butt real fast.

And James is right. Illegal immigrants have no voting rights. I do not know about the rules concern legal immigrants, however. Unless they are attempting citizenship.

While that's true that they don't have voting rights, and I agree that they shouldn't, there are other ways to prevent them from voting other than what they did. Such as requiring proof of citizenship. This is the wrong way to go about this.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff