Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cheery Genius

red-tala9
No I'm not saying all Koreans are bad and no I never said to put them in camps. I just mean they need to do something about it. North Korea has been threatning the US, Japan, South Korea and other countries.

Japan invaded and took over the entire peninsula and forced the Koreans to assimilate and give up their culture. South Korea has routinely threatened the DPRK since the peninsula was split in 1948, and the United States supported their (the South's) brutal dictators, despite not liking them, just because they were anti-Communist. The DPRK has a reason to have ill feelings towards all of them.

Lavish Millionaire

10,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200
Kimjongilia
red-tala9
No I'm not saying all Koreans are bad and no I never said to put them in camps. I just mean they need to do something about it. North Korea has been threatning the US, Japan, South Korea and other countries.

Japan invaded and took over the entire peninsula and forced the Koreans to assimilate and give up their culture. South Korea has routinely threatened the DPRK since the peninsula was split in 1948, and the United States supported their (the South's) brutal dictators, despite not liking them, just because they were anti-Communist. The DPRK has a reason to have ill feelings towards all of them.

Ah I actually didn't know that my school baerly taught us jack about world history
A lot of countries seem to have it out for the US.

Cheery Genius

red-tala9
Kimjongilia
red-tala9

Ah I actually didn't know that my school baerly taught us jack about world history

No worries. I'm a history major and I spend a lot of time researching about Korean history.

As for your second statement, it's not without reason, since the US has a habit of involving itself in the affairs of other nations when it's not welcomed.

Lonely Phantom

Mei tsuki7
North Korea is so idiotic. Honestly, how do they really think they're going to fight against the US. I mean, even China, their closest ally, is really not happy with them right now. They are literally alone in this.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Cheery Genius

Patriotic Paladin

That is so precious.

Lavish Millionaire

10,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Kimjongilia
red-tala9
Kimjongilia
red-tala9

No worries. I'm a history major and I spend a lot of time researching about Korean history.

As for your second statement, it's not without reason, since the US has a habit of involving itself in the affairs of other nations when it's not welcomed.

You major in history that sounds awesome. heart
I learned a lot of history on my own, although it wasn't that much. For example I never heard of the country of Prussia until the end of 12 grade year.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
red-tala9
AERITH DIETH
red-tala9
I'm not usually for war and violence but can we blow these ******** sky high. they've been threatning the US for years and saying were to blame. Lets just end it already.

by "lets" do you mean you? are you willing to go fight if called? or do you mean bombs and drones?

I wouldn't be able to fight even if I wanted to I'm way under weight and out of shape. drones would prob be best since were still in Iraq.

you really shouldn't advocate for any war you wouldn't wage yourself if you were called upon to serve in it.

Lavish Millionaire

10,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Keltoi Samurai
red-tala9
AERITH DIETH
red-tala9
I'm not usually for war and violence but can we blow these ******** sky high. they've been threatning the US for years and saying were to blame. Lets just end it already.

by "lets" do you mean you? are you willing to go fight if called? or do you mean bombs and drones?

I wouldn't be able to fight even if I wanted to I'm way under weight and out of shape. drones would prob be best since were still in Iraq.

you really shouldn't advocate for any war you wouldn't wage yourself if you were called upon to serve in it.

so I've been told

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
red-tala9
Keltoi Samurai
red-tala9
AERITH DIETH
red-tala9

so I've been told

honestly, I think that might be the biggest reason why we even have people who are pro-war, is the disconnect from it. with an all-volunteer force, no conscription, we don't feel any risk when we advocate for war with someone. it's not us going to war, it's some unnamed and faceless military machine, and functionally, since all those people actually fighting are outside of our monkeysphere, it's no more real to us than a rousing match of Call of Duty

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Kimjongilia
red-tala9
Kimjongilia
red-tala9

it's less the US deciding to get involved, and more the UN asking us to get involved in former European colonies, because when it all boils down, the UN is just the newest form of the European Imperialism from centuries past.

Cheery Genius

Keltoi Samurai
it's less the US deciding to get involved, and more the UN asking us to get involved in former European colonies, because when it all boils down, the UN is just the newest form of the European Imperialism from centuries past.

Yeah, working for the United Nations is starting to appear less appealing to me these days...

We're still not in a position to decide what's best for the world, though. I hate the worldview that the Western way is the "correct" way and everyone else is backwards and barbaric.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Kimjongilia
Keltoi Samurai

Yeah, working for the United Nations is starting to appear less appealing to me these days...

We're still not in a position to decide what's best for the world, though. I hate the worldview that the Western way is the "correct" way and everyone else is backwards and barbaric.

it's an old mindset, though.

the US got it from our involvement in the UN, which got it from Britain and France ( and to a lesser extent, Spain ), who all learned it from Italy, who got it from Rome, who picked it up from the Greeks, who were just aping Egypt, who probably got it from someone else initially, but that's as far back as I've studied it.

Cheery Genius

Keltoi Samurai
Kimjongilia
Keltoi Samurai

the US got it from our involvement in the UN, which got it from Britain and France ( and to a lesser extent, Spain ), who all learned it from Italy, who got it from Rome, who picked it up from the Greeks, who were just aping Egypt, who probably got it from someone else initially, but that's as far back as I've studied it.

All the more reason to eliminate it, because that way of thinking is outdated. Though, you probably know more about European history than I do, since my concentration is East Asia.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Kimjongilia
Keltoi Samurai
Kimjongilia
Keltoi Samurai

All the more reason to eliminate it, because that way of thinking is outdated. Though, you probably know more about European history than I do, since my concentration is East Asia.

I enjoy the history of warfare, but I do focus on European and American ( with some crossover into Middle Eastern and North African, since history hasn't often distinguished too thoroughly between them ).

as for it being outdated, to be honest, it was probably just as outdated three thousand years ago, but old habits are notoriously hard to break.

Familiar Phantom

10,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
Vampirate Kitsune
AERITH DIETH
Vampirate Kitsune
AERITH DIETH
Vampirate Kitsune

That still doesn't make it right or legal or whatever other excuse you want to whine about. "But moooommmmm everybody else is doing it!"

no s**t its not right or legal! i'm not the one making excuses to go to war. i have not been behind any war that has been fought in my lifetime and i probably wouldnt have backed vietnam if i had been alive. i am the one saying there is no excuse for it! there was no excuse for our wars against iraq or vietnam. i am saying that the US is not above "digging for excuses to start a war while avoiding blame."

I'm not defending the U.S. either (why should I?). Gods know history is full of examples of nations starting wars or invading other countries for no good reason.

But ES is fallaciously arguing that North Korea can be excused for starting a war against South Korea or the U.S. (or fill-in-the-blank) because "hey, the U.S. did it". There's no other logic to the argument, and even that logic is unsound. Just because one gets away with a crime doesn't mean that everyone else can or should.

who is ES?? i am confused...

ES = Evil Spaghetti

Ah, I think ES cut and pasted an article into the post because i read an article with a similar title.

i fully agree with what you said. sorry i jumped down your throat.. on this topic i foam at the mouth a little... its very touchy for me. i know i should be more rational sometimes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff