Welcome to Gaia! ::

MrRightStuff
H oly

Shite

Burn DC to the ground, amd start over.
term limits.
Reduce pay to national average
forbid big business amd unions from lobbying.

Yea because I love that fact that a large portion of our oil comes from the middle east, you know the region that hates you for your very infedilic existance

At the moment we export more oil than we import.

Dead Hellraiser

Thank ********.
About the Keystone XL jobs, those are all temporary positions since all they have to do is construct the pipeline, after that they're out looking for work again.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Shama_okami
MrRightStuff
H oly

Shite

term limits.

Yea because I love that fact that a large portion of our oil comes from the middle east, you know the region that hates you for your very infedilic existance

Could you explain why we do both? Why import any at all if we have enough to sell off? That makes no sense.
Ratttking
Shama_okami
MrRightStuff
H oly

Shite

term limits.

Could you explain why we do both? Why import any at all if we have enough to sell off? That makes no sense.

Because the oil is owned by the companies that drill it, not the country. They decide where it goes.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Shama_okami
Ratttking
Shama_okami
MrRightStuff
H oly

Shite

term limits.

Because the oil is owned by the companies that drill it, not the country. They decide where it goes.
And American companies prefer to sell their oil elsewhere? It doesn't seem practical or cost-effective if they charge other countries (or whoever buys it) the same price as they would sell it for here.
Ratttking
Shama_okami
Ratttking
Shama_okami
MrRightStuff
H oly

Shite

term limits.

And American companies prefer to sell their oil elsewhere? It doesn't seem practical or cost-effective if they charge other countries (or whoever buys it) the same price as they would sell it for here.

*shrug* Don't know the details. Just know it's their choice and that's what some do.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Shama_okami
Ratttking
Shama_okami
Ratttking
Shama_okami
MrRightStuff
H oly

Shite

term limits.

*shrug* Don't know the details. Just know it's their choice and that's what some do.
Perhaps, but from what I've been reading, our refineries are set up to handle cheap, low-quality crude oil, while our own crude is of much higher quality and value, so it is efficient to import cheap crude and refine it while exporting much more expensive petroleum products to other countries. Politics also come into play: India has almost stopped buying oil from Iran because of our arrangement to sell to them. Here's an interesting forum discussing the various reasons:
http://www.quora.com/Why-does-the-US-both-import-and-export-oil

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces