Welcome to Gaia! ::

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Bienaimee R

Responding as a courtesy to say I read your post.
I'm still not continuing in this thread but just wanted to say I'm not ignoring you. smile

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
kakteed
Ratttking
Childish remark -"Fatty!" - elicits childish response -"I'm telling!"

User Image

Meanie emotion_8c
Whiner. User Image

Fashionable Hunter

Ratttking
kakteed
Ratttking
Childish remark -"Fatty!" - elicits childish response -"I'm telling!"

User Image

Meanie emotion_8c
Whiner. User Image

Oh wow, you pulled out the stops with that smiley xd

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
I will say though, that I'm not sure if I completely agree with Ms.Livingston course of action.

Acknowledge- publicly, that a personal e mail pissed you off:Check.
Essentially saying "how dare this a*****e say this to me? can you believe this d**k?":Check.
Letting the world know exactly who it was that said rude comments to her?:Check.

All of which, I personally think are highly unprofessional things to say and do. Especially for someone in Ms. Livingston's type of position. She could have very well kept her grievances with the person personally, by merely e mailing him back to say how hurtful what he said to her is. In the end they both may very well have merely agreed to disagree about the "weight" issue-gone their separate ways-and go on with their lives.

Or she could have incorporated the fact that a "viewer" sent her a "not so nice" email about her weight-and what all it entailed-in some sort of "bullying" or weight issue segment they they coulda woulda had.

Devoted Genius

8,775 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
Two things wrong with Krause's email:

1. Being overweight doesn't automatically make you unhealthy. There's a whole grey area between the two.

2. What does Livingston's occupation have to do with her health? She's an anchorman. If she was a doctor or something that involves health, the "role model" comment would make a little more sense.

Overall, I agree with Kitsune. Krause emailed her because he doesn't like her appearance, not because he's somehow concerned about her health.

Beloved Fairy

cool beans

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
There is another contention that we must pay attention to here.

Even if she was able to and had lost weight and weighed around what some men stupidly consider "beautiful", the fact of the matter is, it's would not make that much of a difference. Talk to anyone that has ever been in a movie/tv series/news show, is gonna tell you that the camera/tv-whatever screen always "adds ten more pounds" to how you actually look. Go on. Ask em! I dare ya!
I say go report woman!

Shes got some balls
and carries a good message

Sparkly Lunatic

Nyadriel
There is another contention that we must pay attention to here.

Even if she was able to and had lost weight and weighed around what some men stupidly consider "beautiful", the fact of the matter is, it's would not make that much of a difference. Talk to anyone that has ever been in a movie/tv series/news show, is gonna tell you that the camera/tv-whatever screen always "adds ten more pounds" to how you actually look. Go on. Ask em! I dare ya!
An easy to read article on why this ACTUALLY DOES happen, for anyone who's curious.

Fashionable Hunter

Hehe, sxephil heart

Also, comment on the video:

Quote:
Yeah... I've pretty much had to go through this same thing with my 5 year old daughter. She just learned about what bullying is through her school, and will now say that I or her brother are "bullies" whenever she doesn't get her own way. It's really frustrating to have to explain again and again that just because she doesn't like something, doesn't mean that everyone else is being mean. I suppose the same could be said for this situation...

Partying Reveler

I think this Mr. Kraus guy is just to Critical. I don't think it's bullying since he only wrote one letter ( that i'm knowledgeable about ) he didn't call her anything insulting. Now i think this guy is a douche bag and a grade A one. He could very well keep his over critical opinionated a** out of peoples business. But to label him a bully is a bit too much. I think Douche bag is more his title.

Friendly Dabbler

7,175 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
The guy is a douche bag. Calling him a bully seems a little much. Calling him a bully pretty much tells people "I don't like your opinion so you're bullying me.". As a victim of bullying as a child I just don't see this as bullying. An unwanted opinion yes, bullying no.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff