Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's sad that lots of adults in the South underestimate the intellectual capacity of kids/preteens. Honestly, I think that most kids are understanding until they're fed hatred by their parents.

Loyal Werewolf

3,950 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Abyssus _Puella

Because people like to be stupid and small town panic/religious crazies want "these people" the burn in hell...plus I think on some level they think its' contagions.

Well from what i have seen "These people" that is the LTGB community has lo more to offer and teach these small towns than the straight community not hating jsut saying in my hometown i was the only one around. i was in the clset at the time about being gay but still, i was jsut like any other student But when people needed help they came to me. The social outcast the reject, the one that everyone knew but no one couldreally say they did. When i did come out the neighboors behind us went gunho and i needed to take a weapon outside in my OWN YARD to feel safe. so yeah small town people are crazy, but more often than not that is motivated by fear.

Anxious Vampire

kenneth smith can eat a d**k
Pessimist
Shama_okami
So someone wants to be transgender. Why do people care?

Because it's in the South. As you can see by the comments in the article, we're really tolerant towards that sort of thing. rolleyes

I'm from the south, thankfully not all of us are like that.

It's their life, as long as they aren't hurting anyone I say let them be.

Feral Nymph

Brilwen
Pessimist
Shama_okami
So someone wants to be transgender. Why do people care?

Because it's in the South. As you can see by the comments in the article, we're really tolerant towards that sort of thing. rolleyes

I'm from the south, thankfully not all of us are like that.

It's their life, as long as they aren't hurting anyone I say let them be.

I didn't say we all were. I'm here, too. ;P

But, as the article points out by taking comments from some random twits who has nothing to do with the story, there are a significant amount of people who aren't nearly so tolerant.
Update

Quote:
(WMC-TV) - The controversy over a transgender student at South Panola High School continues and this time, students are protesting.

Some students at the school say they were not allowed inside Wednesday because they were wearing gym shorts and sweatpants.

The kids violated the dress code in an effort to tell school officials that the special treatment of the transgender student is unfair. The kids say she is violating the dress code by not wearing clothing appropriate for her gender.

The student, who we are identifying only as "Leah" because she is a minor, was born male. The student recently came out and announced her transition to a female. That is when she began dressing to match the gender to which she is transitioning.

"The first step in that is really to start dressing according to your gender and today [Monday] was about going to school and being able to be the person that she is," said Bear Atwood, legal director for Mississippi American Civil Liberties Union told Action News 5 earlier this week.

Students are protesting Wednesday because they feel they are now being discriminated against because the transgender student is breaking the school's dress code and they are being punished for doing the same thing.

Action News 5's Justin Hanson is following up on this story. Hear from one of the high school students involved in the protest, as well as an upset parent TODAY on the news at 6 p.m.

Copyright 2013 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
Abyssus _Puella
Update

Quote:
(WMC-TV) - The controversy over a transgender student at South Panola High School continues and this time, students are protesting.

Some students at the school say they were not allowed inside Wednesday because they were wearing gym shorts and sweatpants.

The kids violated the dress code in an effort to tell school officials that the special treatment of the transgender student is unfair. The kids say she is violating the dress code by not wearing clothing appropriate for her gender.

The student, who we are identifying only as "Leah" because she is a minor, was born male. The student recently came out and announced her transition to a female. That is when she began dressing to match the gender to which she is transitioning.

"The first step in that is really to start dressing according to your gender and today [Monday] was about going to school and being able to be the person that she is," said Bear Atwood, legal director for Mississippi American Civil Liberties Union told Action News 5 earlier this week.

Students are protesting Wednesday because they feel they are now being discriminated against because the transgender student is breaking the school's dress code and they are being punished for doing the same thing.

Action News 5's Justin Hanson is following up on this story. Hear from one of the high school students involved in the protest, as well as an upset parent TODAY on the news at 6 p.m.

Copyright 2013 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.
oh boo- ********- hoo, over privileged whiny teens.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff