Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh mai. Definitely not a kid's show or a kid's toy.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Meh. Toys R Us will lose business over it, which means they lose money, which tends to talk louder than self-righteous soccer moms, which may mean they'll stop listening to Cindy Lou Freebush and decide that it's up to the parent to parent, not the store. Until then, order it online like everyone else and don't give them your money. *shrugs* Seems simple enough. It's not like Toys R Us is the only one to sell such action figures.

Tipsy Smoker

xXFurygeistXx
Meh. Toys R Us will lose business over it, which means they lose money, which tends to talk louder than self-righteous soccer moms, which may mean they'll stop listening to Cindy Lou Freebush and decide that it's up to the parent to parent, not the store. Until then, order it online like everyone else and don't give them your money. *shrugs* Seems simple enough. It's not like Toys R Us is the only one to sell such action figures.
I'm pretty sure Toys R Us will stay in business regardless of seling them or not.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Chahklet
xXFurygeistXx
I'm pretty sure Toys R Us will stay in business regardless of seling them or not.

Oh, they will. But big stores like that don't like losing even a little bit of business. But whatever. As I said. The action figures can be bought online or from specialty stores, so does it really matter? Other than it enforcing the whole 'parents that don't want to take a stand with their kid and be the bad guy by telling them no' thing, but that's gonna be a thing regardless of what Toys R Us does. Just kinda messed up that they'll pull the Breaking Bad toys, but leave stuff like Star Wars, Military Action Figures, TF2, Nerf Guns....certainly it can be argued that the whole drugs part was bad, but they listed the guns too, so unless they really plan to stick to that line of reasoning, they need to stop the whole 'oh and the guns are bad too' bit.

Tipsy Smoker

xXFurygeistXx
Chahklet
xXFurygeistXx

Oh, they will. But big stores like that don't like losing even a little bit of business. But whatever. As I said. The action figures can be bought online or from specialty stores, so does it really matter? Other than it enforcing the whole 'parents that don't want to take a stand with their kid and be the bad guy by telling them no' thing, but that's gonna be a thing regardless of what Toys R Us does. Just kinda messed up that they'll pull the Breaking Bad toys, but leave stuff like Star Wars, Military Action Figures, TF2, Nerf Guns....certainly it can be argued that the whole drugs part was bad, but they listed the guns too, so unless they really plan to stick to that line of reasoning, they need to stop the whole 'oh and the guns are bad too' bit.
I'm not really sure what to think about the whole thing. It's like this conversation I had with a friend. She lets her daughter watch American Horror Story except for the sexual parts. I won't let my kids watch it at all. It's really up to the parents to monitor what their kids participate in. Some parents, I guess, want their job done for them.

Dabbler

Misty Moonsilver
I agree. Spencer's would be more appropriate.
Why can't Toy R'US just be for kids? Is there a safe place where parents don't need to worry about having their children see something wildly inappropriate?
There already is: every aisle that isn't specifically marked for a mature audience.

Toys R Us is perfectly good at protecting its family image and keeping kids away from that stuff, clearly, considering most of the posters on here didn't know that Toys R Us carried adult merchandise.

If none of you guys noticed that until now, presumably because you haven't been there since you were kids and your parents didn't take you to those areas, what part of them carrying this stuff is irresponsible?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff