Welcome to Gaia! ::

This happened a few weeks ago.

I live in Florida now. This girl lives a few towns over.

I'm just unsure if you have heard about it, or not.

Ok, so here is the story.

This happened in Florida.
Their was this girl named Cassidy that was fourteen. She got pregnant, and didnt let her parents know. She went a full pregnancy without them finding out and delivered the kid, herself. She cut the cord, with scissors and got the kid out with scissors too. This stuff is sick, I know. And, then she suffocated it, and hid it in her room in a bloody shoe box. Her mum found it under her bed.

She is getting tried as an adult.

In Florida, we have capital punishment.

Do you believe she should get the death penalty?

Beloved Lunatic

The US Supreme Court ruled in Roper v. Simmons (2005) that it is unconstitutional to execute an offender for crimes committed while under the age of 18.

And I highly doubt that the U.S will go without an uproar if that 14 year old girl was given the death penalty.
No! I mean it's wrong to kill but I guess she had her reasons, maybe she was just that desperate to not let her parents find out. She should serve time in jail or something, kill her? Nah, way too harsh!!
She's 14. If she's legally not able to consent to sex then she should not legally be held accountable for her actions on anything. A 14 year old should never be tried as an adult. Then again it is Florida where they tried a 12 year old as a adult as well. God Florida. WTF is wrong with you. You're saying children are equal to adults in reasoning and logical thinking. Such a thing is asinine.

Friendly Wench

Lock her away forever. She's a murderer, regardless of her age. **Over-simplified opinion.

Liberal Gaian

the through of a death penalty kinda scares me. We don't allow it in Australia - but a harsh but not a painful punishment.
    Remember she did kill a child; thats what I'm more worry about.
    She also needs help.

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I'd personally beat the s**t out of her for not using her brain (or a condom) but killing her just seems to be redundant. Just spay her like we do to pets who kill their babies.

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
Mei tsuki7
She's 14. If she's legally not able to consent to sex then she should not legally be held accountable for her actions on anything. A 14 year old should never be tried as an adult. Then again it is Florida where they tried a 12 year old as a adult as well. God Florida. WTF is wrong with you. You're saying children are equal to adults in reasoning and logical thinking. Such a thing is asinine.

Florida is just insane.

They have an abstinence only 'education' and then are shocked when things like this happen. You brought this upon yourself Florida.

http://www.siecus.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Feature.showFeature&featureid=1591&pageid=611&parentid=479

They are also having a marked increase in the rates of STDs in young people (including HIV).

Friendly Wench

Phallic Wonderland
I'd personally beat the s**t out of her for not using her brain (or a condom) but killing her just seems to be redundant. Just spay her like we do to pets who kill their babies.

Ouch! I agree with spaying her, but rarely do people spay animals because they eat their young. sweatdrop

Demonic Fairy

13,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Jack-pot 100
I don't think she should die. She's just young and stupid. Incredibly so. What she did was wrong, and she should suffer SERIOUS some consequences for it, but it seems wrong to screw her life up over an impulsive decision that she's (probably) remorseful for.

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
O_o-Dimensia_Juice-x_X
Phallic Wonderland

Ouch! I agree with spaying her, but rarely do people spay animals because they eat their young. sweatdrop

Maybe it's just people I know, then. It would make sense to spay someone who has killed their children, underage or not. ********, if they aren't smart enough to kill it when it is still legal, they don't deserve to have the chance to have another pregnancy.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Phallic Wonderland
How do you know she was not raped? She might not have had a choice to use her brain or a condom.

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Ratttking
Phallic Wonderland
How do you know she was not raped? She might not have had a choice to use her brain or a condom.

Brain is always usable. At least an abortion is legal, at least leaving your baby at the fire or police station is legal.

Being raped doesn't steal your brain. Mine wasn't stolen, and I was raped more than once.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Phallic Wonderland
Ratttking
Phallic Wonderland

Brain is always usable. At least an abortion is legal, at least leaving your baby at the fire or police station is legal.

Being raped doesn't steal your brain. Mine wasn't stolen, and I was raped more than once.
Where is a 14-year-old going to come up with the hundreds of dollars for an abortion? Plus FL requires parental notice for minors to get abortions and being pregnant is the last thing most teens want their parents to know about. She might not have known she was pregnant until the end. Pregnancy does weird things to some women. Yes, we know you claim to have been raped, so what? She is not you. I doubt you had much brain to steal.

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Ratttking
Phallic Wonderland
Ratttking
Phallic Wonderland

Where is a 14-year-old going to come up with the hundreds of dollars for an abortion? Plus FL requires parental notice for minors to get abortions and being pregnant is the last thing most teens want their parents to know about. She might not have known she was pregnant until the end. Pregnancy does weird things to some women. Yes, we know you claim to have been raped, so what? She is not you. I doubt you had much brain to steal.

Lol, you're mighty cunty tonight. I was 12 when it happened, though I doubt it matters to you. Bullshit, not known she was pregnant. Like I said, her mom needs some punishment because obviously something must be happening in that family to make a 14 year old kill her own baby rather than get family support, but I'm refusing to let the little b***h off scott-free. She killed her child after it legally became a person. She needs to answer for it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff