Welcome to Gaia! ::

Contagious Medusa
Mei tsuki7
Kaiser Khorosho
Mei tsuki7
I just love how Texas "protects life" and yet they kill people regularly.

Its little more than one a month. I live in Texas and thought that we had executed a HELLUVA lot more (you always hear about Texas and the Death Penalty) but 500 in 31 years? That's honestly not a lot compared to homicides, accidents or suicides... confused

And remember, that Texas rep. filibustered so some abortion bill couldn't be passed...

Not the point. It's hypocritical to say that Texas protects life when they kill people.

And the a*****e Rick Perry is calling another special session to vote on it. He also spoke down to Sen. Davis. I don't understand how these men can decide things about these things they know nothing about.
In all fairness, Americans voted for Rick Perry. otherwise he wouldn't be there

so really, they have nobody to blame but themselves for this a*****e.

And a lot of Americans stupidly vote against their own best interests. But no, the women effected by this who didn't vote for Perry are not to blame.

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
MiameMiame
Murdering is only allowed when court says it is, huh rolleyes . How incredibly hypocritical.

Lawful capital punishment is not murder.
Alexander J Luthor
Bienaimee R
You are weak. It takes great strength of character and moral fortitude to practice tolerance and forbearance. Weaklings are the worst killers. Surely you don't believe mass murderers kill because they are strong.

Got any more pretty lies or platitudes?

Cutting in here. You may think pro-death people are weak, but I know you're a coward. You're too afraid to stand up to criminals, and you're the reason they're able to demand less punishments for heinous crimes because, apparently, people who steal, rape, and murder deserve everything good people do.

I, too am afraid. I'm afraid for my life, afraid for the lives of my family. I live in a smaller area, so there are only about 20 registered sex offenders in the area. But you know what? Only HALF of them show up on the radar because some can argue the right to remain anonymous. Sex offenders demanding their right to be anonymous around families. The worst one I can view broke into a house with another man and held down a woman in her own bed to rape her. HE WAS 15. THAT is the world we live in, and THAT is what I need to protect my own from. Seven are convicted child molesters in the first or second degree, which means they've had multiple victims, or attacked the same child multiple times. Two were masturbating in public. Makes me wonder what the hell the other ten did seeing as I know that any old rapist can get their record covered so it doesn't "ruin their quality of life".

More and more people are being sued by their attackers for defending themselves and the victim goes to jail. Is that the tolerance you speak of? Never mind all the murderers who don't have to register. You could be living next to a sweet old man who was just let out for murdering his whole family and you would never know. There is no track record for killers unless the news thinks it's worthy of an evening report, but if you don't watch the news it's pointless anyway. And who really goes online to search up the criminal record of all of their neighbors? I know I don't because I have anti-social issues and anxiety issues around new people, so I still don't know half the tenants in my own apartment.
Now hold on just one minute, buddy.

I am proud of my home state and its extremely liberal self-defense laws. I would never ever complain about a citizen killing a criminal or would-be criminal attempting to do harm to them.

Do I have a problem with harming or killing you if you're in my face, threatening me, or attempting to commit a forcible felony? Not at all. But I have a BIG problem with somebody tying you down and poisoning you to death, gassing you to death, strangling you to death, or any other choice.

It does not take strength of character to do such a thing. All it takes is a degenerate mind.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Bienaimee R
Alexander J Luthor
Bienaimee R
You are weak. It takes great strength of character and moral fortitude to practice tolerance and forbearance. Weaklings are the worst killers. Surely you don't believe mass murderers kill because they are strong.

Cutting in here. You may think pro-death people are weak, but I know you're a coward. You're too afraid to stand up to criminals, and you're the reason they're able to demand less punishments for heinous crimes because, apparently, people who steal, rape, and murder deserve everything good people do.

I, too am afraid. I'm afraid for my life, afraid for the lives of my family. I live in a smaller area, so there are only about 20 registered sex offenders in the area. But you know what? Only HALF of them show up on the radar because some can argue the right to remain anonymous. Sex offenders demanding their right to be anonymous around families. The worst one I can view broke into a house with another man and held down a woman in her own bed to rape her. HE WAS 15. THAT is the world we live in, and THAT is what I need to protect my own from. Seven are convicted child molesters in the first or second degree, which means they've had multiple victims, or attacked the same child multiple times. Two were masturbating in public. Makes me wonder what the hell the other ten did seeing as I know that any old rapist can get their record covered so it doesn't "ruin their quality of life".

More and more people are being sued by their attackers for defending themselves and the victim goes to jail. Is that the tolerance you speak of? Never mind all the murderers who don't have to register. You could be living next to a sweet old man who was just let out for murdering his whole family and you would never know. There is no track record for killers unless the news thinks it's worthy of an evening report, but if you don't watch the news it's pointless anyway. And who really goes online to search up the criminal record of all of their neighbors? I know I don't because I have anti-social issues and anxiety issues around new people, so I still don't know half the tenants in my own apartment.

I am proud of my home state and its extremely liberal self-defense laws. I would never ever complain about a citizen killing a criminal or would-be criminal attempting to do harm to them.

Do I have a problem with harming or killing you if you're in my face, threatening me, or attempting to commit a forcible felony? Not at all. But I have a BIG problem with somebody tying you down and poisoning you to death, gassing you to death, strangling you to death, or any other choice.

It does not take strength of character to do such a thing. All it takes is a degenerate mind.

So you think the only way we should be able to kill criminals is to find someone to battle them hand to hand? Because by your standards shooting them dead is unfair, too. That, or you're suggesting that we put all criminals in a death match scenario, which giving criminals deadly weapons is the dumbest movie arc ever.

Adored Sweetheart

If they for sure have the evidence that a person brutally murdered another. I see nothing wrong with it.

Sugary Cat

Contagious Medusa
MiameMiame
Murdering is only allowed when court says it is, huh rolleyes . How incredibly hypocritical.
Actually, thats karma.

Eye for an eye. You take a life, you get yours taken.
'An eye for an eye' a saying that was first used by "God" in the old testament. An out-dated saying, fitting for an out-dated 'justice' system. Yes, that's America.

Novallus's Princess

Chatty Winner

MiameMiame
Contagious Medusa
MiameMiame
Actually, thats karma.

'An eye for an eye' a saying that was first used by "God" in the old testament. An out-dated saying, fitting for an out-dated 'justice' system. Yes, that's America.

Actually its called 'fairness' Why should you get to live, when the person you killed, doesn't?

I wouldn't call that outdated, i'd call that real Justice.

Sugary Cat

JamesWN
MiameMiame

Taking a human life (with 'malice aforethought') is murder.

Sugary Cat

Contagious Medusa
MiameMiame
Contagious Medusa
MiameMiame
Actually, thats karma.

Actually its called 'fairness' Why should you get to live, when the person you killed, doesn't?

Like I said; it's hypocritical. Killing someone else is not okay, but if the court says you can kill it's suddenly called 'justice'. Besides that, death-penalty costs on avarage a lot more than a life-long sentence in prison.

Novallus's Princess

Chatty Winner

MiameMiame
Contagious Medusa
MiameMiame
Contagious Medusa
MiameMiame
Actually, thats karma.

Like I said; it's hypocritical. Killing someone else is not okay, but if the court says you can kill it's suddenly called 'justice'. Besides that, death-penalty costs on avarage a lot more than a life-long sentence in prison.

You're missing the point lol. Say your mother was murdered, would you want her killer to live while she has her life taken? Not likely. You'd want the killer dead too.

Sugary Cat

Contagious Medusa
MiameMiame
Contagious Medusa
MiameMiame
Contagious Medusa
MiameMiame
Actually, thats karma.

You're missing the point lol. Say your mother was murdered, would you want her killer to live while she has her life taken? Not likely. You'd want the killer dead too.
Sorry, I think death-penalty is barbaric and out-dated. Even if it was my mother; I'd be satisfied with a life-long prison sentence.

Shy Citizen

4,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
MemoriesOfGreen
Bienaimee R
This woman was clearly sick and a danger to society. That doesn't mean she deserved to be killed.

Well, society's worried about one less dangerous person now. It's of no consequence to society to be rid of a crackhead, elderly lady murdering, thief who cuts the fingers off of dead bodies to get their rings. She didn't even express remorse for the person she killed with her final words. She took a life. How is it she should have the right to live too? I welcome the death penalty on disgusting individuals who prey on the weak and deliberately take their lives by brutal means.

+1

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
MiameMiame
JamesWN
MiameMiame

Taking a human life (with 'malice aforethought') is murder.

UNLAWFUL killing with malice aforethought. Funny how you keep trying to leave that word out.

Malevolent Phantom

10,450 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Champion 300
  • Mark Twain 100
Mr A s t a r o t h x
I'm sure those protesters don't think much of you either, Luthor.

I do not agree with the luxury one is presented in prison, but I do not agree with the death penalty either.
My main concern is: If we give the courts complete power to decide our fates (our lives), then are we prepared to deal with the consequences that come with the inevitable abuse of power? Corruption in the courts? Human error?

And who are we to play divine entity? We have no right to take a life even if they have taken a life in turn. I say to stop stuffing them in jails to rot away and make them contribute to society somehow.

Medical experimentation. Stop testing on innocent animals and test on guilty murderers. But yes, death penalty is a waste of a living subject.
Alexander J Luthor
Bienaimee R
Alexander J Luthor
Bienaimee R

So you think the only way we should be able to kill criminals is to find someone to battle them hand to hand? Because by your standards shooting them dead is unfair, too. That, or you're suggesting that we put all criminals in a death match scenario, which giving criminals deadly weapons is the dumbest movie arc ever.

What I said is that a person committing jusfiable homicide is not a murderer. No blame should be assigned to any person utilizing force to protect himself, other people, or property.

An execution is not justifiable homicide. It is a grotesque ritual of punishment requiring one or more human beings to restrain and kill another human being who may be guilty of truly heinous crimes but is no danger to society at the time s/he is killed.

You need to stop assigning intent to my comments. I said nothing at all about arming death row convicts and permitting them to fight for their lives.

If you want to support expensive ritualized murder, that's your right as a citizen. It's my right to call it what it is.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff