Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Quote:
A Tennessee lawmaker wants to get schools involved in outing students who are or might be gay. Republican Sen. Stacey Campfield proposed legislation that would require school officials to tell a student's parents about any homosexual activity or any "immediate and urgent safety issues" related to sexuality. Senate Bill 234, also known as the "Classroom Protection Act," bans teachers from discussing sexuality before high school. And while teachers at any grade level can answer questions about the topic, they would be required to inform parents if they do so. The bill mandates reporting of any "behavior injurious to the physical or mental health and wellbeing of the student or another person." Opponents say the bill discriminates against gay and lesbian students.

Source;
http://now.msn.com/stacey-campfield-tennesse-senator-proposes-bill-requiring-schools-to-tell-parents-about-gay-students

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Ok, so what I'm getting from this is that this is a guy who is seriously stupid.

Also, it's funny when your source has a source xp

Super Streaker

9,175 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
The hell? It's the students choice to share if they are gay or not. Some kids don't want to tell anyone cause of the fear of getting bullied, or the possibility of issues with his or her family.
What's wrong with discussing sexuality in middle school/elementary school? The sooner you learn, the more you'll know...unless you don't pay attention or are taught the same thing over and over again.
So no more 5th grade sex ed video?
Are these people TRYING to make sexuality look like a bad thing?
And if this law was passed, students could just lie.

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
If they do this with gays and possible sexual activity they should do it to the couples who do everything but rip each others clothes off in the hallway.

Rapire's Queen

Demonic Cutie-Pie

Booty Tickle
If they do this with gays and possible sexual activity they should do it to the couples who do everything but rip each others clothes off in the hallway.
X

User Image

Agreed. Not once when I was in school did I see anyone of the same sex kissing.

But I did see tons of couples being pretty obnoxious in the hallways, a few even had sex in the stairway. emotion_facepalm

Seriously, what is with bills like this. And might be gay? So if they think you are then you're kicked out too?

User Image

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
Dr Jin Love
Booty Tickle
X

User Image

But I did see tons of couples being pretty obnoxious in the hallways, a few even had sex in the stairway. emotion_facepalm

Seriously, what is with bills like this. And might be gay? So if they think you are then you're kicked out too?

User Image
a bisexual guy friend of mine was kissing his boyfriend and a bunch of dudes did a semi circle around them and screamed EWWW and FAGGOTS and my friend flicked them off and kept kissing. I was like he's got hair on his balls.

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Booty Tickle
Dr Jin Love
Booty Tickle
X

User Image

User Image
a bisexual guy friend of mine was kissing his boyfriend and a bunch of dudes did a semi circle around them and screamed EWWW and FAGGOTS and my friend flicked them off and kept kissing. I was like he's got hair on his balls.

That guy friend of yours is awesome. ******** those haters.

What happened to the idea of Republicans not wanting the government so entrenched in people's lives? confused I know not all of Republicans are like that - I'm talking about the general idea behind the party versus the people who are actually in power.

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
Super Fightin Prototype
Booty Tickle
Dr Jin Love
Booty Tickle
X

User Image

User Image

What happened to the idea of Republicans not wanting the government this entrenched in people's lives? confused
Yea don't touch my inanimate guns or tell me I gotta pay Ms. Preggers the same amount I pay Mr. Lazy, but damn sure tell dem gays what's for! Also ******** da abortion and da universal heathcare that's more people to work for me!! #RMONEY
What do they even think of as homosexual behavior? Are they going to kick 2 girls out for hugging on school property because they might be lesbians (which would be incredibly stupid)?
Super Fightin Prototype
Booty Tickle
Dr Jin Love
Booty Tickle
X

User Image

User Image

What happened to the idea of Republicans not wanting the government so entrenched in people's lives? confused I know not all of Republicans are like that - I'm talking about the general idea behind the party versus the people who are actually in power.

You got it wrong. It's "the government should stay out of people's lives unless they are doing something I don't agree with."
Super Fightin Prototype
Booty Tickle
Dr Jin Love
Booty Tickle
X

User Image

User Image

Let's clarify one thing: This is the same ******** moron that wanted to tie welfare payments to their children's performance in school. So he's like a black hole of ignorance. (One clarification is that when you actually read what the other article says, it doesn't specify gay or bi, it specifies dangerous sexual activity).
This guy is just ignorant and out for media attention.

Fluffy Lover

No no no no no no no no no no.

He is seriously putting kids' lives at risk with that law.

People stay in the closet for a reason. Especially in conservative states where people will physically abuse, threaten, and assault you for being gay, and where some families will even kick their children out on the street and disown them for being gay.

What an idiot!

Fashionable Hunter

KitsuneWolf01

Are these people TRYING to make sexuality look like a bad thing?

...Yes? This is a running trend in conservative factions throughout history, that sex should both be a private and uber-regulated thing.

Okay. Not exactly "outting" but they'll inform parents of homosexual behavior. Like...what? And I'd love to see how the guidelines for that sort of parent-teacher conference would go.
Sounds asinine if you ask me.

If this MORON is trying to "protect" other people from bullying in school he's going about it all wrong. He doesn't seem to understand that singling out the gay/lesbian students will put them even more so at risk with much more than just a common bully.

Either he cares about what he's doing or he just doesn't care at all.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff