Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Teens sentenced to indefinite probation in Florida bus beating

Quote:
Three teenagers charged in a vicious school bus beating were sentenced to indefinite probation Thursday in a Florida juvenile court.
The probation sentence for the trio of 15-year-olds came with multiple conditions including community service, random drug tests and electronic monitoring, meaning ankle bracelets for as long as 60 days.
In addition, the teens must also take anger management classes, comply with mandatory curfews and stay away from the vicitm.
Joshua Reddin, Julian McKnight and Lloyd Khemradj had all pled guilty earlier Thursday to aggravated battery charges in the attack on a 13-year-old boy on a Pinellas County school bus in July. Reddin also pleaded guilty to a count of robbery for taking $5 from the victim after the assault.
Fla. Circuit Judge Raymond Gross, in delivering the sentence, ordered Reddin to pay restitution of the $5 and also ordered him to more community service than the other two.
Prosecutors also asked for and were granted a measure stipulating that if any of the three students ended up at same high school as the victim they had the" burden" to leave that school and go to another one.
Police had said the teens attacked the victim after he told officials at their dropout prevention school that one of them tried to sell him marijuana. The victim suffered a broken arm and two black eyes after being repeatedly struck by punches and kicks. The attack was caught on video by a bus surveillance camera.
"If these matters were in adult court ...they would be considered very serious," Gross said Thursday in Clearwater, Fla.
The three teenagers are first time offenders.
Reddin said he attacked the victim because he was "angry" and had been "disrespected," but told Gross Thursday that he was "sorry" for the attack.
Reddin's mom, who was also in the courtroom, believed the video of the beating was shocking and appeared emotional as she said it was the first time she saw it.
Reddin's lawyer says his client was accused of something that he didn't do.
Prior to McKnight's court appearance, his father also said his son was sorry for taking part in the attack.
“All I can say is that he had his consequences already, you know?” McKnight said. “This is life. I am sorry what happened to the victim. It's just the way it is. My son ain’t never been no bad person, he just got mixed [up] with bad people, that’s all … He’s sorry.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/29/teens-charged-in-florida-bus-beating-enter-guilty-pleas/#ixzz2dQty63tM

Now I don't know about you, but this makes me ********' furious. A three on one beatdown, on a younger kid than they, resulting in a broken arm, a pair of black eyes and various other, apparently less serious injuries, and they only get the disciplinary equivalent of a slap on the wrists. Swear to God if I was the kid's parent, I'd have beaten those little thugs to within an inch of their miserable lives with a God damn tire iron.

Hallowed Wench

Being angry that he had been disrespected... ******** idiot.

World would be a better place without people like that in it. Respect is earned not given and with the way he lives life I doubt he deserves any.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
This is ageist bullshit. They should be incarcerated.

Aged Lunatic

The FU...

Yea, Sil, you said everything I could from it.

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Ratttking

I'd prefer the 'ol Eye-for-an-eye punishment with regards to this. Lock them in a room with the dad for five minutes. And give the dad a baseball bat. It wouldn't be revenge, it would be retribution.

And I don't know what pisses me off more: the "reparations" only amount to $5, the punishment is laughable at best, or that the NAACP and ACLU are so silent on this that they ought not exist.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Silvia Crow
Ratttking

I'd prefer the 'ol Eye-for-an-eye punishment with regards to this. Lock them in a room with the dad for five minutes. And give the dad a baseball bat. It wouldn't be revenge, it would be retribution.

And I don't know what pisses me off more: the "reparations" only amount to $5, the punishment is laughable at best, or that the NAACP and ACLU are so silent on this that they ought not exist.
Mostly agree, but that's only one-on-one. They should each be beaten by three people at once. How about dad, mom, and the victim have a go at each.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Knew they'd get away with what equates to a slap on the wrist. They should have been charged as adults. That beating was vicious. They could have killed that kid! It doesn't matter what the color of their skin is. They should be kept with their fellow little psycopaths in incarceration. Keep the vicious with the vicious.
he does deserve some type of a sentence

Greedy Consumer

where was the bus driver, or was it just outside the bus?

Greedy Consumer

xXFurygeistXx
Knew they'd get away with what equates to a slap on the wrist. They should have been charged as adults. That beating was vicious. They could have killed that kid! It doesn't matter what the color of their skin is. They should be kept with their fellow little psycopaths in incarceration. Keep the vicious with the vicious.
what do you mean slap on the wrist, if you criminally punish them they'll have no future and only do more crimes, which means more retarded punishments and more oppurtunities to influence others to be just as retarded as they were/are. So tell me again, exactly why they need to be punished extra? I think this is realistic. The brian doesnt fully develop its decision makign center the prefrontal cortex til 25, so yeah.

Greedy Consumer

Silvia Crow
Ratttking

god, the only places that do eye for an eye are places like india, where its all ******** up for women's rights, so if you want this law that badly go move somewhere else.

Omnipresent Warlord

Silvia Crow
Ratttking

It would be revenge. And if the father was a decent enough human being that he wouldn't bludgeon or kill a defenseless person then you'd be pissed off too for that "slap on the wrist."

"An eye for an eye" doesn't reform criminals into decent people.
Lovely. Now the offenders have more opportunities to injure and kill other people.

They belong in cages. Do not pass "Go," Do not collect $200.
We Are Organisms
xXFurygeistXx
what do you mean slap on the wrist, if you criminally punish them they'll have no future and only do more crimes, which means more retarded punishments and more oppurtunities to influence others to be just as retarded as they were/are. So tell me again, exactly why they need to be punished extra? I think this is realistic. The brian doesnt fully develop its decision makign center the prefrontal cortex til 25, so yeah.

So just ignore animalistic behavior until someone turns 25? ******** that noise. 99.9% of the population in that age group doesn't react in such a fashion as this, so that excuse is a cop out, as the vast majority don't go batshit stupid. Well, these three obviously didn't go there, as they appear to have had a permanent address already.
And their parents are retarded. Each and every one of them blamed it on the other kids, as theirs was 'just hanging with a bad crowd'. Yeah. All three are thugs and hoodlums and should be locked up for a while.

Invisible Explorer

7,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Member 100
  • Market Browser 100
Gangs from all walks of life run the world.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff