Welcome to Gaia! ::

PH0ENIX D0WN
I don't know why the girl was (already) complaining about a job she hadn't even started yet. confused Yeah, I get those days when I'm unhappy about going into work - but, I know better to air my grievance on popular social media sites. I understand the boss's decision to fire her, I suppose I would if I was her boss and saw that tweet. It seems like she has a bad attitude, and I wouldn't want to work with someone with a bad attitude. Eh, whatever. As someone else in this thread mentioned, cases like these aren't new. Just have to be mindful what you post.

Well said, Phoenix 3nodding

Divine Muse

Chahklet
Jayce Reinhardt
Chahklet
Jayce Reinhardt
Chahklet
Why would anyone hate on her for this? Sometimes I feel this way too.

You can feel that way but this is not an isolated case, many many people who take to Twitter, FB, or Tumblr to complain about work find that it might not be the best idea in the world.

I searched "fired for complaining on facebook"

11,700,000 result

Three examples

Some complaints or discussion is legit but what this girl did was really dumb.
Why? She didn't even name her job.

She was found out despite not giving the "******** a** pizza" places name.
So? It's called venting. It's not like she was trying to defame the company name.

How does one vent about a job they hadn't even started yet?

I'd be thrilled to be starting a job, that would mean I can eat, pay rent, wear nice clothing, ECT.

Tipsy Smoker

Jayce Reinhardt
Chahklet
Jayce Reinhardt
Chahklet
Jayce Reinhardt
Chahklet
Why would anyone hate on her for this? Sometimes I feel this way too.

You can feel that way but this is not an isolated case, many many people who take to Twitter, FB, or Tumblr to complain about work find that it might not be the best idea in the world.

I searched "fired for complaining on facebook"

11,700,000 result

Three examples

Some complaints or discussion is legit but what this girl did was really dumb.

So? It's called venting. It's not like she was trying to defame the company name.

I'd be thrilled to be starting a job, that would mean I can eat, pay rent, wear nice clothing, ECT.
Does it even matter? It's not bad to vent. She could have just been having a shitty day overall.

Divine Muse

Chahklet
Jayce Reinhardt
Chahklet
Jayce Reinhardt
Chahklet

Does it even matter? It's not bad to vent. She could have just been having a shitty day overall.

yes it does matter actually, If I have a bad day, I don't start complaining about a totally unrelated thing. That would just be weird.

Venting is great but it's been several years of news articles about various people being fired because of posts on social Media.

people can either learn to stop doing it or continue to get fired. That is a choice. So many people are competing for the same jobs, people are easily replaced.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Chahklet
Jayce Reinhardt
Chahklet
Jayce Reinhardt
Chahklet

Everyone has shitty days. How we choose to deal with them often says something about our character.
But shitty day or not, no employer should have to employ people who publicly refer to their business as "******** a**" before they have even started to work there.
He has probably invested hundreds of thousands of dollars into his business. Why would he want people like that working for him?

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
That man deserves a beer.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Her attitude is frankly horrific , who wants an employee like that in their company. The manager did the right thing firing her , because it sounds like she would of been an awful employee if she’s complaining about a job she hasn’t done yet.

Attitude is important in work.

Wintry Dragon

She could be trouble later on if she wasn't fired. Disaster averted.
Maybe they should screen future employees better or is this not the type of job that does? Not sure.

Tipsy Smoker

David2074
Chahklet
Jayce Reinhardt
Chahklet
Jayce Reinhardt
Chahklet

Everyone has shitty days. How we choose to deal with them often says something about our character.
But shitty day or not, no employer should have to employ people who publicly refer to their business as "******** a**" before they have even started to work there.
He has probably invested hundreds of thousands of dollars into his business. Why would he want people like that working for him?
You can't assume things about her character based on a single post. Am I missing something where she actually called out the business name?

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
David2074
Chahklet
Jayce Reinhardt
Chahklet
Jayce Reinhardt
Chahklet

Indeed, better to n** this problem in the making in the butt before she has a shitty day and takes it out on customers. That's the thing about being a service industry, you need happy customers more than to reatain a b***h with a chip on her sholder comming into the job.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Chahklet
David2074
Chahklet
Jayce Reinhardt
Chahklet

You can't assume things about her character based on a single post. Am I missing something where she actually called out the business name?

Sure I can.
I can assume that if the mood strikes her she is willing to say offensive things about her employer. She proved that.
Her employer can likely assume (or know) she has a different attitude about his business than what she presented to him at the job interview.
And perhaps she did not name the business in that post but it is obvious from the story that other people knew who she was talking about.

Kawaii Guildswoman

8,050 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Loiterer 100
U can't fix stupid. emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm

Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
Now, I don't know at what point of the pre-employment process this girl was fired, or how this pizza joint does things, but she could have already violated the rules. In my vast years of employment, there have been jobs that had a paperwork process before you officially start. This is when you go in and, often with other people who are hired at the same time, fill out all your tax documents and so forth. Many places I've done this at also have the employees read and sign the handbook. As part of the handbook (at least, for the last 10 years that I've seen them) has been a very special clause. This clause states: For as long as you are employed at this organization, you will not post anything to any social media (including Facebook/MySpace/Twitter/etc) that can in any way, shape, or form cause humiliation to this company. Remember, you represent us even when you are not working. Should you post anything that causes humiliation to the company, you will be fired. Or something to that regard. If this was one of those companies that had her fill out the paperwork prior to her first day, she legally signed a document stating she would not badmouth the company. Since people who knew her obviously knew she was talking about the company, that falls under the clause and is a fireable offense. If she had not done the paperwork and this was just after scoring on the interview, then she's just an idiot who got caught and there was nothing lost on either side, as she is in the same position as she was 24 hours previous and so is the company.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff