Apocalyptic Cutesmasher

25,215 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
link

Quote:
Cherry Creek teacher with half-naked Twitter pictures put on leave

AURORA - Cherry Creek School District put a teacher on administrative leave on Tuesday after 9Wants To Know discovered a Twitter page containing half-naked photos of her and a claim of possessing marijuana on school grounds.

9Wants to Know started asking questions about the CarlyCrunkBear (@crunk_bear) Twitter account after getting a tip from a viewer Monday.

Carly McKinney, a 23-year-old math teacher at Overland High School, admitted to 9NEWS that she created the account with a friend.

The Twitter page included provocative photos along with many posts about using drugs.

One post said "Naked. Wet. Stoned." Another indicated the poster was high while grading papers. An additional post even talks about having marijuana on school property saying, "Watching a drug bust go down in the parking lot. It's funny cuz I have weed in my car in the staff parking lot."

The Twitter account also included posts about working as a teacher, apparently posted during the school day. "Instead of being productive, I've been on Twitter..." the poster professes. A post that seems to be about a student says, "Just got called Ms. McCutie. Points for being clever, however you are still jailbait."

McKinney and a friend told 9Wants to Know by phone the Twitter account was meant to be a parody. McKinney says she was unaware of some of the posts her friend was making, and the teacher claims she never had drugs on campus.

The school district says employees are trained about social media use. They are given a rule of thumb: Don't put anything on the internet that you wouldn't put on your classroom chalkboard. At the same time, teachers also have first amendment rights to free speech, especially when it comes to personal social media sites.

The CarlyCrunkBear Twitter account was pulled from public view shortly after 9Wants to Know contacted McKinney. While she answered some preliminary questions on the phone, she declined an on camera interview.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Playful Guildswoman

Vampirate Kitsune
link

Quote:
Cherry Creek teacher with half-naked Twitter pictures put on leave

AURORA - Cherry Creek School District put a teacher on administrative leave on Tuesday after 9Wants To Know discovered a Twitter page containing half-naked photos of her and a claim of possessing marijuana on school grounds.

9Wants to Know started asking questions about the CarlyCrunkBear (@crunk_bear) Twitter account after getting a tip from a viewer Monday.

Carly McKinney, a 23-year-old math teacher at Overland High School, admitted to 9NEWS that she created the account with a friend.

The Twitter page included provocative photos along with many posts about using drugs.

One post said "Naked. Wet. Stoned." Another indicated the poster was high while grading papers. An additional post even talks about having marijuana on school property saying, "Watching a drug bust go down in the parking lot. It's funny cuz I have weed in my car in the staff parking lot."

The Twitter account also included posts about working as a teacher, apparently posted during the school day. "Instead of being productive, I've been on Twitter..." the poster professes. A post that seems to be about a student says, "Just got called Ms. McCutie. Points for being clever, however you are still jailbait."

McKinney and a friend told 9Wants to Know by phone the Twitter account was meant to be a parody. McKinney says she was unaware of some of the posts her friend was making, and the teacher claims she never had drugs on campus.

The school district says employees are trained about social media use. They are given a rule of thumb: Don't put anything on the internet that you wouldn't put on your classroom chalkboard. At the same time, teachers also have first amendment rights to free speech, especially when it comes to personal social media sites.

The CarlyCrunkBear Twitter account was pulled from public view shortly after 9Wants to Know contacted McKinney. While she answered some preliminary questions on the phone, she declined an on camera interview.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

There goes that teaching credential/certificate.

Swashbuckling Humorist

14,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Finally found a story that was stupid enough to use this:

User Image

Actually this is so stupid it deserves more than one.

User ImageUser Image

Ice-Cold Bloodsucker

19,890 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Well their goes her job.

Heart Phantom

10,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Wintersday Bard 50
I would have never guess she was a teacher by her tweets and pictures.

Witty Phantom

Friendly Wench

Wow, for an educator she's pretty damn stupid.

Dapper Spotter

That chick's a math instructor? 0__0
And no doubt she buys/sells some drugs with some of the students...

Brave Lionheart

29,150 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
[Sarcasm mode on] TEACHER OF THE YEAR. [/Sarcasm mode off]

Quotable Noob

8,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Window Shopper 100
IS IT JUST MY IMAGINATION THAT TEACHERS ARE BECOMING MORE IMMATURE. CAN'T THEY GO TO SCHOOL WITH TEACHING ON THEIR MINDS INSTEAD OF TWEETING. THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE 'AGE OF RAGE' !

Satisfied Gorilla - x's Partner In Crime

Shadowy Explorer

17,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Marathon 300
emotion_donotwant
Thankfully it wasn't real? I feel bad for her, but she should have at least some cognition that if someone posted something like that under her name would have brought consequences. At least this point, the classroom environment can only be improved.

Mega Cutie-Pie

How long does it take to get a teaching credential in Colorado? Age-wise she seems to young and definitely too immature to be teaching high school.

Free speech... I get it, but you're a role model, a supposedly responsible adult, you should have brain enough in your head to know what is and isn't okay to do given your position of (admittedly limited) influence and power over impressionable minds.

Swashbuckling Humorist

14,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Gold n Oranges
How long does it take to get a teaching credential in Colorado? Age-wise she seems to young and definitely too immature to be teaching high school.

Free speech... I get it, but you're a role model, a supposedly responsible adult, you should have brain enough in your head to know what is and isn't okay to do given your position of (admittedly limited) influence and power over impressionable minds.

Yeah we have free speech, but we don't have freedom from the consequences of said speech. Getting fired is the result of her free speech.

Or basically, yeah, the woman is a ******** idiot.
Agent-Sarah
[Sarcasm mode on] TEACHER OF THE YEAR. [/Sarcasm mode off]
lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out