Apocalyptic Cutesmasher

25,215 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
link

Quote:
Teacher Suspended After Pouring Pencil Shavings In Student’s Mouth

ARLINGTON (CBS 11 NEWS) - Marquis Jay pulls out a pencil sharpener and shows the amount of shavings inside, “She poured the pencil shavings in my mouth.”

The 8th grader at Boles Jr. High School in Arlington says it was a teacher who poured the pencil shavings in his mouth in January.

“I was sitting in class with my head tilted back and opening my mouth,” says Jay. “Teacher came over and poured the pencil shavings in my mouth.”

The 13-year-old says he immediately spit it out and was taken to the nurse’s office where he washed out his mouth.

His mother Deidre Brown was called and she is still furious.

“I wanted to cry because it was like how could she do that,” says Brown. “What kind of message is it sending to the kids? She is supposed to be the teacher – the adult.”

Marquis says the teacher responsible wasn’t assigned to his class and she had stopped by to help his teacher.

Friday morning, almost a month later, Brown says she was told the teacher was suspended. She says she wanted her fired.

“This incident is unacceptable and was immediately and fully investigated by the AISD when it occurred almost a month ago. The district took appropriate disciplinary action,” says Amy Casas, Director of Communications with Arlington ISD. “The school has been in constant communication with the student’s mother about this incident and other matters. At no time has mom expressed any concerns about the manner in which this situation was handled to the school or the district.”

The family says they are talking now because they want to make sure what happened to Jay doesn’t happen to any other students.

“I don’t even think she should be teaching if she can’t have the patience to not know that’s not something she is not supposed to do,” says Brown.

Marquis says the teacher is back at school and has apologized, “She said sorry for what happened. She wasn’t thinking right.”

Rapire's Queen

Demonic Cutie-Pie

X

User Image

Wait that teacher is back at school? Why? She shouldn't be around kids after doing something like that. The kid could of chocked, she shouldn't even be around kids let alone teaching them.

She needs to get fired.

User Image

Beloved Phantom

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
...How does a person, just walk up and pour pencil shavings into a child's mouth...
This doesn't make any sense.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Precious Host
...How does a person, just walk up and pour pencil shavings into a child's mouth...
This doesn't make any sense.

it's a fairly common gag played amongst peers ( usually juveniles, or folk behaving like juveniles ), that should one fall asleep, or be otherwise inattentive with their mouth open, then another will drop something foul-tasting into the inattentive party's mouth.

that a teacher was engaging in behavior that would get a student punished is . . . problematic. perhaps said teacher needs to pretend she's a mature adult, rather than behaving like a child.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
We will never get the full story here.

-N*E*V*E*R-

The student may have been doing a rude gesture for all we know. Like " Come over here and sit on my face" type junk.

The teacher could have come rushing in because of an emergency, like their child had been rushed to the hospital and they wanted to communicate with someone immediately what was going on and that they were leaving.

All I can tell from the words used is it appears it was a one time thing she snapped like this and the student is in trouble for other incidents. Though the Media is next to worthless so even that could be wrong. The quotes point out the student is in trouble for other things but in fancy terms, if the quote is accurate.

Greedy Consumer

Someone needs to track that teacher down, and put pencil shavings in her mouth xd , but yeah. Its like teachers just want attention now.
That teacher needs to get fired asap. The emotional trauma she induce to the kid is unforgivable.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
I love the obviousness that people didn't read this when they are commenting.

They are actting like this happened to a 5-8 year old rofl Because they didn't read it.

[ I know I am guilty of this level of lazy some times, but I usually go back and read later.]

Ice-Cold Bloodsucker

19,890 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Elocutionist 200
The teacher shouldn't of poured pencil shavings in his mout for sleeping, now I realize that class is not a place for snozing but their are other ways to deal with a student who falls a sleep in class.

Excitable Strawberry

Sailor Tin Nyanko

They are actting like this happened to a 5-8 year old rofl Because they didn't read it.

[ I know I am guilty of this level of lazy some times, but I usually go back and read later.]

I think people are reading it correctly, not every one has the same opinion that such a thing is appropriate for a teacher to do.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Silvyee
Sailor Tin Nyanko

I think people are reading it correctly, not every one has the same opinion that such a thing is appropriate for a teacher to do.

Read people's post on this thread.

People posted things that are similar to " That child will be scarred for life!"

Most people have been reffering to the student as a "child" and the words in people's post reveal that they clearly think this was about a young child and had not read the first post at all.

100% sure atleast one person to post on this thread did not read the article / first post at all based on their post.
The teacher is not in her right mind? Then remove her if that is the case.

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Dafuq? I would be punching someone's lights out if they did that to me when I put my head back like that in order to breathe a little easier from allergies. Yes, I actually do tilt my head back with my mouth open when my allergies are bad enough to where I can't breath through my nose. cat_sweatdrop

Quotable Noob

8,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Window Shopper 100
A TEACHER THAT UNPREDICTABLE CAN'T BE TRUSTED TO PROVIDE A SAFE LEARNING ENVIRONMENT FOR THE STUDENT. THIS TEACHER NEEDS TO BE PSYCHOANALYZED AND TREATED IF SHE IS TO CONTINUE TEACHING!

Friendly Wench

Yeah, I think maybe she should lose her job, but there's probably way more to the story.
P.s. Pencils shavings are hella bitter. User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces