Welcome to Gaia! ::

Keltoi Samurai
Old Blue Collar Joe
Keltoi Samurai
Old Blue Collar Joe
Keltoi Samurai
the thing that sticks me about all this is, no matter how much I agree what she did was wrong, no matter how much I believe justice would be served as best as is possible if she was forced to pay for what she did, I can't help but wonder: if she'd been a white woman, would there even have been an attempt to bring her to justice, or would it have been waved off, and handled with the assumption that if she was brought to justice, it might scare off real rape victims from reporting their own rapists? now, we sit back and wait for the inevitable s**t-storm for me having used the phrase "real rape victims"

Key word in your comment? REAL. This isn't a real rape victim. This is a woman that lied and ruined three lives, all because she didn't want to be punished.
It has nothing to do with punishing a rape victim. If anything, it makes it clear that filing a fraudulent claim (which, by the way, they SHOULD have charged her with) is a crime, and there's a huge difference between someone being found innocent and someone lying and making false accusations.

dude, I'm agreeing with you. this most certainly was the right course of action, and should have included false filing charges.

I'm just wondering if a white woman would have been brought to justice like this, or if justice was only able to be served here because she was black, and people as a whole are more willing to accept judgement against minorities.

also, I just saw an episode of Family Guy from back in 2006 ( "Rough Trade," if you're curious ) where Stan freaking mutilates a woman that they identify through dialogue as "Senator Feinstein" ( also relevant: Bullock calls her "a Handsome woman from California," which, as we learned from Bullock's voice actor, Patrick Stewart, in his role as Jean-Luc Picard in Star Trek the Next Generation season 6, episode 15 "Tapestry," is just "something you say to old ladies" ) within the first 5 minutes, and I'm wondering if such a thing would count as a crime now that she's in the news, trying to legislate the Second Amendment.

I'm wondering if the only reason they didn't pursue criminal charges is because she is a minority and they didn't want to cause a stink.
And Feinstein looks like four pounds of pounded s**t in a used condom. I don't care for Family Guy.

I did say "Family Guy," didn't I?

I meant "American Dad"

and "Handsome" is the word you use for four pounds of pounded s**t in a used condom when it's also elderly, and a senator, and it's the senator you're appealing to for funding for your new piece of military superhardware.

I'd have to do without the hardware. Telling those kinds of lies are why I'm not in DC.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Old Blue Collar Joe
Keltoi Samurai
Old Blue Collar Joe
Keltoi Samurai
Old Blue Collar Joe
Keltoi Samurai
the thing that sticks me about all this is, no matter how much I agree what she did was wrong, no matter how much I believe justice would be served as best as is possible if she was forced to pay for what she did, I can't help but wonder: if she'd been a white woman, would there even have been an attempt to bring her to justice, or would it have been waved off, and handled with the assumption that if she was brought to justice, it might scare off real rape victims from reporting their own rapists? now, we sit back and wait for the inevitable s**t-storm for me having used the phrase "real rape victims"

Key word in your comment? REAL. This isn't a real rape victim. This is a woman that lied and ruined three lives, all because she didn't want to be punished.
It has nothing to do with punishing a rape victim. If anything, it makes it clear that filing a fraudulent claim (which, by the way, they SHOULD have charged her with) is a crime, and there's a huge difference between someone being found innocent and someone lying and making false accusations.

dude, I'm agreeing with you. this most certainly was the right course of action, and should have included false filing charges.

I'm just wondering if a white woman would have been brought to justice like this, or if justice was only able to be served here because she was black, and people as a whole are more willing to accept judgement against minorities.

also, I just saw an episode of Family Guy from back in 2006 ( "Rough Trade," if you're curious ) where Stan freaking mutilates a woman that they identify through dialogue as "Senator Feinstein" ( also relevant: Bullock calls her "a Handsome woman from California," which, as we learned from Bullock's voice actor, Patrick Stewart, in his role as Jean-Luc Picard in Star Trek the Next Generation season 6, episode 15 "Tapestry," is just "something you say to old ladies" ) within the first 5 minutes, and I'm wondering if such a thing would count as a crime now that she's in the news, trying to legislate the Second Amendment.

I'm wondering if the only reason they didn't pursue criminal charges is because she is a minority and they didn't want to cause a stink.
And Feinstein looks like four pounds of pounded s**t in a used condom. I don't care for Family Guy.

I did say "Family Guy," didn't I?

I meant "American Dad"

and "Handsome" is the word you use for four pounds of pounded s**t in a used condom when it's also elderly, and a senator, and it's the senator you're appealing to for funding for your new piece of military superhardware.

I'd have to do without the hardware. Telling those kinds of lies are why I'm not in DC.

agreed. just because I know how they operate doesn't mean I approve.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff