Apocalyptic Cutesmasher

25,215 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
link

Quote:
Taco Bell pulls party ad critics called an attack on vegetables

It’s rare for the people at the Center for Science in the Public Interest to praise a fast-food company, but Taco Bell came in for some this week – for pulling an ad that had been dinged by CSPI as an attack on vegetables.

The ad called bringing veggies to a party on game day “like punting on fourth and one; it’s a cop-out” that people will even “secretly hate you for.” The ad promoted the Taco Bell “variety 12-pack” of tacos. In the 15-second ad, interesting to note, the lettuce is very visible in the taco shells. Something not lost on the company.

“We love vegetables. In fact each year, we serve our customers more than 45 millions of pounds of tomatoes, 122 millions of pounds of lettuce, 7 million pounds of onions and 412 thousands of pounds of cilantro,” Taco Bell spokesman Rob Poetsch said in a statement. “When we realized the ad was misconstrued, we sided with the vegetables and pulled it.”

“We are delighted that Taco Bell is pulling an ad that urged people not to bring veggie trays to their Super Bowl parties,” CSPI, the Washington, D.C.-based nutrition advocacy organization, said in a statement Tuesday.

Many online commenters considered the ad harmless, saying that’s what advertisers do: diss the competition. Wonder if nutritionists consider broccoli and tacos in competition?

The ad, Taco Bell says, was not a Super Bowl ad, just a general game party spot.

So, we’ll see if retired people will object to the company’s Super Bowl ad, which shows a group of exuberant old people escaping from a retirement home for a night on the town that ends with them sitting on the hood of a car eating tacos.

Greedy Consumer

Ok so they put the ad up and put it down and that warrants news for them to be advertising? Honestly I want taco bell know which means you are just advertising for them D: lol
We Are Organisms
Ok so they put the ad up and put it down and that warrants news for them to be advertising? Honestly I want taco bell know which means you are just advertising for them D: lol

What planet are you on? The article's about Taco Bell dissing vegetables, which is pretty stupid since they put veggies on their tacos and other stuff.

Greedy Consumer

Pink Panzer
We Are Organisms

What planet are you on? The article's about Taco Bell dissing vegetables, which is pretty stupid since they put veggies on their tacos and other stuff.
I should ask you the same question. They said taco bell had an ad that discouraged veggies then they realized, hey we actually use millions of pounds of veggies, so lets take that ad down, then somehow its actually qualified as 'news'.
We Are Organisms
Pink Panzer
We Are Organisms

I should ask you the same question. They said taco bell had an ad that discouraged veggies then they realized, hey we actually use millions of pounds of veggies, so lets take that ad down, then somehow its actually qualified as 'news'.

That's not what happened. Taco Bell took the ad down because they got bad press from the Center for Science in the Public Interest about saying "hey, don't eat vegetables" and "everybody will hate you for bringing a veggie tray to a party" and discouraging people from eating veggies. Taco Bell is trying to put a nice spin on it, but the point is they made themselves look stupid in the first place.

Witty Phantom

Nobody really eats from vegetable trays on game day.

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
But it's pretty much true in that ad. Except that I won't "secretly" hate someone for bringing a veggie tray and instead I'll make it quite known. emotion_donotwant

Karisa_Wolfgang's Princess

Adorable Sweetheart

I prefer eating from the veggie tray, it keeps me from getting too full and ruining appetite for dinner, but keeps me from going hungry as well.
xD

Fashionable Hunter

It's true though. The only acceptable reason why a veggie platter should be brought to a party is if it's to help construct a tower or stadium.

Otherwise, vegetarians and vegans should bring veggie samosas or something else people will actually eat.
Who brings vegetables to a party anyway? What kind of a d**k does that?

Liberal Fatcat

x-Garethp-x

The kind of d**k that wont be invited to parties ever again. emotion_donotwant
Give me my buffalo wings, pizza, bean dip and Doritos any day over some limp carrot sticks. emotion_dowant
This Isnt Sparta
x-Garethp-x

Give me my buffalo wings, pizza, bean dip and Doritos any day over some limp carrot sticks. emotion_dowant

Show a limp carrot stick up their a** if they like it so much. I WANT MY MEAT!

Edit: Then again, you Americans don't have meat pies, so you're missing out anyway

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
This Isnt Sparta
x-Garethp-x

exactly.

besides, the buffalo wings usually come with celery and ranch dressing, anyways. if someone wants veggies, the wings already got that covered!

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
x-Garethp-x
This Isnt Sparta
x-Garethp-x

Edit: Then again, you Americans don't have meat pies, so you're missing out anyway

not as a snack food, but we do ( in some areas ) have this wonderful invention called the "pepperoni roll," which is basically a dinner roll that was filled full of pepperoni before it was baked.
Keltoi Samurai
x-Garethp-x
This Isnt Sparta
x-Garethp-x

not as a snack food, but we do ( in some areas ) have this wonderful invention called the "pepperoni roll," which is basically a dinner roll that was filled full of pepperoni before it was baked.

You're missing out, big time

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces