• Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
x-Garethp-x
Keltoi Samurai
x-Garethp-x
This Isnt Sparta
x-Garethp-x
Who brings vegetables to a party anyway? What kind of a d**k does that?

The kind of d**k that wont be invited to parties ever again. emotion_donotwant
Give me my buffalo wings, pizza, bean dip and Doritos any day over some limp carrot sticks. emotion_dowant

Show a limp carrot stick up their a** if they like it so much. I WANT MY MEAT!

Edit: Then again, you Americans don't have meat pies, so you're missing out anyway

not as a snack food, but we do ( in some areas ) have this wonderful invention called the "pepperoni roll," which is basically a dinner roll that was filled full of pepperoni before it was baked.

You're missing out, big time

tell you what: you send me a meat pie recipe, and I'll send you a pepperoni roll recipe, and we can both find out who exactly is missing out on what.

sound like a plan?
Keltoi Samurai
x-Garethp-x
Keltoi Samurai
x-Garethp-x
This Isnt Sparta
x-Garethp-x
Who brings vegetables to a party anyway? What kind of a d**k does that?

The kind of d**k that wont be invited to parties ever again. emotion_donotwant
Give me my buffalo wings, pizza, bean dip and Doritos any day over some limp carrot sticks. emotion_dowant

Edit: Then again, you Americans don't have meat pies, so you're missing out anyway

not as a snack food, but we do ( in some areas ) have this wonderful invention called the "pepperoni roll," which is basically a dinner roll that was filled full of pepperoni before it was baked.

tell you what: you send me a meat pie recipe, and I'll send you a pepperoni roll recipe, and we can both find out who exactly is missing out on what.

sound like a plan?

But, it's not something you cook. It's something you buy at a service station, or at a pie place. It's um... a pie crust generally filled with mince meat, and extras. For example, on my way to work, I often stop at 7/11 and grab a hot meat pie that's filled with steak, bacon and cheese, and it's amazing

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
x-Garethp-x
Keltoi Samurai
x-Garethp-x
Keltoi Samurai
x-Garethp-x

sound like a plan?

But, it's not something you cook. It's something you buy at a service station, or at a pie place. It's um... a pie crust generally filled with mince meat, and extras. For example, on my way to work, I often stop at 7/11 and grab a hot meat pie that's filled with steak, bacon and cheese, and it's amazing

right, and where I live, pepperoni rolls are never baked at home. I grab a dozen little ones at a grocery store, or go up to the 7/11 and buy one off a shelf right next to the counter, and either nuke it, or just eat it at room temperature ( they're good either way )

but, since these foods are not available commercially to the respective parties we are trying to introduce them to, then we must make allowances, and trading recipes is a good form of cultural exchange, yeah?

those do look pretty good, though.

bet these are better cold, though
Keltoi Samurai
x-Garethp-x
Keltoi Samurai
x-Garethp-x
Keltoi Samurai
x-Garethp-x

sound like a plan?

right, and where I live, pepperoni rolls are never baked at home. I grab a dozen little ones at a grocery store, or go up to the 7/11 and buy one off a shelf right next to the counter, and either nuke it, or just eat it at room temperature ( they're good either way )

but, since these foods are not available commercially to the respective parties we are trying to introduce them to, then we must make allowances, and trading recipes is a good form of cultural exchange, yeah?

I guess this might be a good recpie? I'll get my girlfriend to make me some peperoni rolls. She is both American, and likes to cook. For the above recipe, I highly recommend adding bits of bacon and some cheese inside it, it makes it sooo much better

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
x-Garethp-x
Keltoi Samurai
x-Garethp-x
Keltoi Samurai
x-Garethp-x

sound like a plan?

I guess this might be a good recpie? I'll get my girlfriend to make me some peperoni rolls. She is both American, and likes to cook. For the above recipe, I highly recommend adding bits of bacon and some cheese inside it, it makes it sooo much better

and that is bookmarked, because that looks delicious. thankee-sai
Keltoi Samurai
x-Garethp-x
Keltoi Samurai
x-Garethp-x
Keltoi Samurai
x-Garethp-x

sound like a plan?

and that is bookmarked, because that looks delicious. thankee-sai

If you can find an Australian store or something near you, get yourself some Tim Tams, and here's a tip for when you do. Bite off the bit of each end, get a cup of coffee and drink the coffee through the Tim Tam like a straw. The coffee will taste chocolatey, and it'll melt the Tim Tam inside out so it's gooey and delicious when you eat it

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
x-Garethp-x

We're not allowed to have Meat Pies in this country because it will shorten our lives and make us fat rolleyes

We must starve ourselves ( 1st world problems).

and diet constantly! ( What we're really number one in... most Diets per person).

The Meat and Potatoes people are out living the Dieters in my country (USA) and noone wants to admit to it or point it out. We just keep hearing " Meat gives Cancer! You'll get colon Cancer!" You must jump on or switch to this new Diet Trend for this season,.. now!

We need a mix of foods and not to obsess over dieting and losing weight ninja

We also need to focus on fun activities that are physical instead of " Do exactly what I do! Yeah,.. me barking orders at you while you do arobics! I am the best and you will look the best!"

We don't have English or Austrilian stores. Instead, here, you look in the International Section of Grocery stores. There are also some international stores known for their Alcohol and Furniture that actually carry great sweets sections. Best option, some times, is to just buy it online if you want something from another country ( that isn't frozen).

She won't be able to make Pizza Rolls exactly. Pizza Rolls aren't that great, they just fill a void everyone needs filled at some point ( quick food even a child can make in the microwave is usually that point). So we become used to them out of nessicity and then addicted to them out of nostalgia. You might be able to simulate them ( not exactly) by prepareing pizza dough like you were going to make a turnover and then filling it with the toppings you'd use on Pizza. Pizza Rolls contain Diced Pepperoni, not sliced Pepperoni. I forget what it's called but the cheese in them isn't even cheese, so your's will be superior in taste and quality. Or you can just have Stromboli since that is close to the same thing only larger. There are a variety of sizes and styles Pizza Rolls come in and some are basically Stromboli.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/stromboli

That site has "Stromboli Bites" or something that I think are made the Turn Overs style.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Wow. I'm sort of surprised / amused at the number of veggie hating posts in this thread. I enjoy a good veggie tray and at most of the get togethers I'm at somebody brings one. It's not like that's ALL we eat but sometimes my stomach feels better if I have some veggies to help balance out the other high fat / high carb snacks.

One could also argue it's a 'cop out' to get all your party eats from a fast food drive through window. By far the best refreshments I've had were made at home. Even the prepared 'bake it yourself' ones are usually better than Taco Bell. In the world of 'Mexican' food Taco Bell is pretty much low level s**t food so them being judgmental of any other food is kind of funny to me. Still, I don't think I would have tried to start a campaign against the ad - I would have just ignored it.

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
David2074
Wow. I'm sort of surprised / amused at the number of veggie hating posts in this thread. I enjoy a good veggie tray and at most of the get togethers I'm at somebody brings one. It's not like that's ALL we eat but sometimes my stomach feels better if I have some veggies to help balance out the other high fat / high carb snacks.

One could also argue it's a 'cop out' to get all your party eats from a fast food drive through window. By far the best refreshments I've had were made at home. Even the prepared 'bake it yourself' ones are usually better than Taco Bell. In the world of 'Mexican' food Taco Bell is pretty much low level s**t food so them being judgmental of any other food is kind of funny to me. Still, I don't think I would have tried to start a campaign against the ad - I would have just ignored it.
Do you know how many family reunions I've been to where at least one person brings KFC or Bojangle's? Actually, that applies to church picnics too, but not to the same extent.

There's nothing wrong with veggie platters, unless the veggies are starting to go bad. Then I avoid it like the plague.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Honey of the South
David2074

Do you know how many family reunions I've been to where at least one person brings KFC or Bojangle's? Actually, that applies to church picnics too, but not to the same extent.

There's nothing wrong with veggie platters, unless the veggies are starting to go bad. Then I avoid it like the plague.

Well sure. I'm not so keen on chicken that is going bad either. haha.
If you take veggies they should be fresh.
And yes, I've been to many potlucks that included some KFC or something similar and enjoyed some of it. KFC is better than Taco Bell. But I wasn't trying to rule out any fast food at a get together. I was referring to Taco Bell dissing on healthy food and acting like all of the refreshments should be fast food. Variety and balanced is better IMO.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff