Welcome to Gaia! ::

11,925 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Champion 300
Hmm, the burgers at McD's in Aus aren't bad, but they aren't good. If you're low on cash and you want a cheap eat, then McD's is a good place to go to. Although I do dig the fries. Although Grill'd does the best fries, so amazing, and with the burgers, you know that the chicken meat used in the chicken burgers are, in fact, chicken.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Alexander J Luthor
I've gotten sick off their chicken burgers more than once. I have no idea why the "more than once" has been allowed to happen. I have a weakness for quick and junky. redface

I have learned that two McDonalds items is my limit. Like two burgers or a burger and some chicken nuggets or whatever. More than that, even if I am really hungry, and I usually get a stomach ache.

Mostly I solve that problem by just not eating at McDonald's.
Or for that matter I avoid almost all fast food these days. And if I do want a burger I didn't make myself the every higher creeping price point at McDonalds urges me to go to a "real" restuarant. For just a bit more money I can sit down in a nice atmosphere, get a MUCH better burger and also much better fries at a local restaurant chain. It doesn't have a drive through but it is a MUCH more pleasant experience than in McDonalds listening to their french fry machines beeping and kids screaming in the play area.

Omnipresent Warlord

David2074
Alexander J Luthor
I've gotten sick off their chicken burgers more than once. I have no idea why the "more than once" has been allowed to happen. I have a weakness for quick and junky. redface

I have learned that two McDonalds items is my limit. Like two burgers or a burger and some chicken nuggets or whatever. More than that, even if I am really hungry, and I usually get a stomach ache.

Or for that matter I avoid almost all fast food these days. And if I do want a burger I didn't make myself the every higher creeping price point at McDonalds urges me to go to a "real" restuarant. For just a bit more money I can sit down in a nice atmosphere, get a MUCH better burger and also much better fries at a local restaurant chain. It doesn't have a drive through but it is a MUCH more pleasant experience than in McDonalds listening to their french fry machines beeping and kids screaming in the play area.

Or you can cook one up for yourself that tastes better and saves you some money.

link

Quote:

1 pound ground turkey

1/4 cup dry bread crumbs

1 onion, finely chopped

1 green onion, chopped

1 egg

2 cloves garlic, minced

2 tablespoons parsley paste

1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco®)

1/2 teaspoon salt

Mix ground turkey, bread crumbs, onion, green onion, egg, garlic, parsley paste, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, and salt together in a bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking dish.
Form turkey mixture into 4 patties; arrange in a baking dish.
Bake turkey burgers in the oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).

And as for fries...

Quote:

2 tablespoon of seasoning salt
1 tablespoon of white or brown sugar (add more or less to taste)
1 tsp of black pepper
1 tsp of granulated garlic powder

Place all ingredients in a zip lock bag and shake, sprinkle pinches of seasoning on hot fries to taste. Unused seasoning can be stored right in zip lock bag for future use.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
David2074
Alexander J Luthor

I recently tried Wendy's five dollar basket. The burger's a bit small, but you get that, fries, a drink, and a sundae. And the food was all really good.

Friendly Cat

5,900 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
heart heart I love that!
fairy-phoenix
The only thing I order at McDonald's is their chicken Mcnuggets, french fries, and a coke.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff