Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Fairy

15,340 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Following the violent gang-rape of a New Delhi woman last year that made international headlines, engineering students in India have created anti-rape underwear that they say will prevent sexual assault.

Called Society Harnessing Equipment, or SHE, the device will deliver up to 82 electric shocks of 3,800 kV to an attacker, according to The Times of India. To prevent the wearer from being shocked, SHE's inner side is "insulated with a polymer," according to creators Niladri Basu, Manisha Mohan and Rimpi Tripathy, students at SRM University, Chennai.

The device is also equipped with GPS that can deliver alerts to police and the victim's parents.

"Lawmakers take ages to come up with just laws and even after that, women are unsafe," said Mohan and Tripathy. "Hence, we have initiated the idea of self-defense, which protects the women from domestic, social and workplace harassment."

They added that they plan to incorporate Bluetooth into SHE, so "stress messages" can be sent instantly.

Like it!

Demonic Phantom

We'll see how this plays out on the number of rape statistics.
Call me dubious.

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
Aside from expence and the indifference of the police in those areas, there is also the possibility of the GPS being hacked and being used to stalk women.

Basically, sociaty change is much more needed than a gimmick like this to create a false sense of securty. It is the government and community leaders that have to step up, send out the message that such acts are not to be tollerated and that women are, gasp, people.

Lonely Phantom

9,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
Wow, This is going to be bigger than the IPOD

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Why is it we have to create tools to stop rape when we could simply kill all the attackers in a gruesome public display? Watch the statistics plummet when you publicly castrate someone without pain killers.

Shameless Heckler

12,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I was kinda expecting steel panties.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Wouldn't carrying a weapon be better than wearing an electrified garment?

I mean, how does the garment know the difference between "good touch" and "bad touch?"

What happens, for instance, when the lady gets home, exhausted from a long day at work, and shucks out of her clothes to change into her PJs?

And how does one clean such a garment?

Greedy Consumer

The title here alone sounds so fun for inventing.

Like, *when someone orders anti-rape underwear*

Hello I would like the finger chopper function installed on my underwear.
What model do you have?
Um I forget what its called, the one where it slaps people who look at me the wrong way.
Oh yeah, model number 975. Okay it'll cost 2,000$ and about 14 bussiness days for delivery.
Swell.
(this s**t be so fun to use, hit on guys, and they get ******** up by my undies lol.)
*crossdresser wears it and it slaps him over and over* WHY IS THIS HAPPENING lol

Demonic Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
So rapists will keep rubber gloves on them great.

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
How about something that sprays pepper spray on the rapist's thing when he opens the woman's underwear?

7,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200

Wintry Dragon

Is it made by Everlast?

Big Member

10,675 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Brandisher 100
Won't be long before someone learns how to break it, and then proceed with the rape.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
Dananananananananananananananana
Taser braaaaaaaa.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash