Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gracious Receiver

7,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ariel Castro committed suicide by hanging himself in his cell. If anyone out there has forgotten who he is, he's the one from Cleveland who kidnapped three women, kept them locked up in his house for 11 years and raped them. His sentence was life imprisonment plus 1000 years.
So, what are your thoughts on this? I personally think that it should not be possible for an inmate to commit suicide, least of all in a cell, and that he should suffer until dying of natural causes for what he's done to those three women.

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Gracious Receiver

7,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
xdivision_whitey
I saw that on the news.

didn't put him under suidice watch

I see under the related articles in your link that suicide actually accounts for more inmate deaths than homicide, overdoses and accidents combined. It should not be possible. Murderers, rapists, abusers and the like should be made to suffer out their sentence. It should not be possible for them to end their lives of punishment on their own accord. I don't care if they have to be gagged so much that they can't even bite off their own tongues. People like that should be made to suffer for the suffering that they've caused others.

Hilarious Autobiographer

9,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Inquisitor 200
Well, yeah, that sort of bites. Would've been nice for him to rot in a cell until he died. But at least he'll rot in hell. Not a great compensation, but I'll take it.

Devoted Hunter

Gracious Receiver

7,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Umeko the Lamb
Good.
User Image

Made my day. xD
I -love- Grumpy Cat. biggrin

Gracious Receiver

7,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Mitsuki Horenake
Well, yeah, that sort of bites. Would've been nice for him to rot in a cell until he died. But at least he'll rot in hell. Not a great compensation, but I'll take it.

Sadly I don't believe in Hell, so I believe that with his death he is no longer feeling anything.
Loving that Tales Of in your sig, though. blaugh

Eloquent Cutie-Pie

17,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
by killing himself, he's saving taxpayers money by not having to provide him meals and such for the rest of his life. domokun stargate

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Part of me wishes things would stop saying "Women". I think 2-3 of them were teenagers when he kidnapped them. One of them was like 18-20. The others were younger. He may have killed another girl/teen/woman.

So he kidnapped three (or four) teenage girls and held them captive for 8-11 years depending on the girl. Raped them. Beat them until they miscarried. Killed newborns. Kept one of the children he conceived with them. Abused this child, but those women were enough so nothing wanted to pry the little girl. Sounds like she may have been molested, raped, and beaten as well.

They supposedly had his Cell checked every 30 minutes.

All I can say is I am thankful he is dead and he didn't even begin to get a taste of what his victims went through.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
He's lucky that he was able to.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
My guess is that he was always a pathetic coward in the first place. His death was too easy. But at least the taxpayers don't have to feed and house him anymore.

Gracious Receiver

7,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
2sarahgate
by killing himself, he's saving taxpayers money by not having to provide him meals and such for the rest of his life. domokun stargate

I'm aware, and if the decision was mine, I'd have them work for their meals doing manual labor.

Gracious Receiver

7,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Sailor Tin Nyanko
Part of me wishes things would stop saying "Women". I think 2-3 of them were teenagers when he kidnapped them. One of them was like 18-20. The others were younger. He may have killed another girl/teen/woman.

So he kidnapped three (or four) teenage girls and held them captive for 8-11 years depending on the girl. Raped them. Beat them until they miscarried. Killed newborns. Kept one of the children he conceived with them. Abused this child, but those women were enough so nothing wanted to pry the little girl. Sounds like she may have been molested, raped, and beaten as well.

All I can say is I am thankful he is dead and he didn't even begin to get a taste of what his victims went through.

I call them "women", because they are women now.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
JRPG Heart
Sailor Tin Nyanko

What I am tired of is " He kidnapped three women." That phrase. That sentence. Things similar to that. At the point of kidnapping they were not women.

I am tired enough of that. Then as a bonus I keep hearing people go on and on about things he said. Like " It's her fault, she got in the car with me." She was a teenager and a friend of his daughter.

When the two forces meet of wording it as if they were adults and people repeating him saying it was their fault, I become... ULTRA ANNOYED! ( I are tired and should sleep!) But that's what's happening. Adult x Building a Story like they jumped into a car with a complete stranger to go have sex with him. Those two forces.

But,.. yeah,.. I would like them to phrase things better. Make a nod to them being minors at the time this all started. There are alot of differences depending on what is said. How things are worded.

Gracious Receiver

7,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Sailor Tin Nyanko
JRPG Heart
Sailor Tin Nyanko

What I am tired of is " He kidnapped three women." That phrase. That sentence. Things similar to that. At the point of kidnapping they were not women.

I am tired enough of that. Then as a bonus I keep hearing people go on and on about things he said. Like " It's her fault, she got in the car with me." She was a teenager and a friend of his daughter.

When the two forces meet of wording it as if they were adults and people repeating him saying it was their fault, I become... ULTRA ANNOYED! ( I are tired and should sleep!) But that's what's happening. Adult x Building a Story like they jumped into a car with a complete stranger to go have sex with him. Those two forces.

But,.. yeah,.. I would like them to phrase things better. Make a nod to them being minors at the time this all started. There are alot of differences depending on what is said. How things are worded.

I was not aware that people were blaming the victims. I assure you that I am absolutely against victim blaming, and was not in any way supporting the belief that it was their own fault in my choice of calling them "women".
I can see where you're coming from, and apologize if my wording hinted at something very different from what I was trying to say.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff