Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ratttking
True, chlorine can be nasty, but if you let the water sit out, like in a pitcher in the fridge, the chlorine evaporates. I've bought 2 bottles of water in my life: a Perrier, which I regretted, and a bottle of plain water to take into a shitty concert venue that allowed only water to be brought in and only a single bottle per person.

My dad gets those big packs of deer park water from sams club, best water I've ever taste!

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Brilwen
Ratttking
True, chlorine can be nasty, but if you let the water sit out, like in a pitcher in the fridge, the chlorine evaporates. I've bought 2 bottles of water in my life: a Perrier, which I regretted, and a bottle of plain water to take into a shitty concert venue that allowed only water to be brought in and only a single bottle per person.

My dad gets those big packs of deer park water from sams club, best water I've ever taste!
If you like it, that's cool. We had really tasty tap water where I grew up. I never thought much of it until I had some friends over from the city, and they asked if it was filtered. I did have a brand called Amelia Springs once at a friend's that was better-tasting than average tap water.

You know what tastes the best? Cold water from a fountain on a hot day. Ahhhh! 3nodding

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Lord Elwrind
David2074
Lord Elwrind
It's better than swallowing those damned horse pills. Trust me. Easier to digest than those pills too. I should know.

Maybe our bodies differ. I actually do take potassium supplements and I don't have any trouble swallowing them. They are roughly the size of an ibuprofin. I don't have trouble digesting them either but if I did that would certainly add to the 'worth it' factor of buying another source.

And yes to many other sports drinks being over hyped. Those vitamin waters make me laugh. You get more vitamins if you just chew up a kid's chewable vitamin and drink a glass of water. Also much cheaper. Most of that crap started hitting the mainstream market when the public started becoming more aware that maybe tons of carbonated sugar water is bad for you. If you bother reading most of it is put out by the same companies that make the sodas. Putting a small amount of B-12 or ginsing into a bottle of sugar water lets them sell it as a 'health' drink.

I take pills both ways (water and food) but most of the time I find they go down easier if I chew up some food until I am ready to swallow it, then mix the pills in inside my mouth and swallow. The 'food coating' helps them not stick in my throat the way some pills can with water.

Hum, I even tried drinking a bigger mouthful of liquid then swallowing. It's the size of em. And they are harder for me to digest. I had to stop taking pre-natal vitamin pills because between them and the problems with my stomach I was having, it got so I developed bleeding ulcers.

As for the ginseng, that stuff makes me sick for some reason. I avoid even the Starbuck's energy coffee drink. They don't even sell their double shots anymore because they switched it to that "health" drink stuff. (sigh)

Well, many years ago a friend taught me to take pills with food and I find that works soooo much better for me. I still take the odd pill with water but if it is a large pill or I am taking several pills then tossing them in with chewed up food (obviously not tasty to have to chew on the pills) makes them go down so much easier. Especially pills that are large and/or not coated and might be more likely to stick. Also, if a pill does stick in your throat a hot beverage (such as tea) helps wash them down much better than cold water. I assume the hot liquid helps dissolve the pill a tiny bit and 'unsticks' it.

What potency are your potassium pills? I take OTC potassium gluconate - (99 mg potassium from 595 mg potassium gluconate). They are smaller than a tylenol so not at all what I would call a 'horse pill'. If you need a significantly higher dose maybe more of a smaller size pill would be easier for you to swallow?

I'm not too familiar with Starbucks menu. We have them here (since I live on the same planet as you - haha) but if I buy out it is usually Woods or a local chain called Cruisin Coffee. So I'm not familiar with the double shot product you mentioned. Most Grande (16 oz) drinks have two shots at most vendors and I'm sure you can still just purchase two shots of espresso if you want so I'm gathering the double shot was a particular drink. Ginsing does not make me sick but I'm not wild about the flavor. It's supposed to be good for you but I'd rather have it in a supplement than as something I can taste.
(Random - if you have not seen it go to YouTube and search on Robot Chicken Starbucks. They did Starbucks parody skit about how they got the mermaid logo. I lol'd.)

Frankly I don't like the taste of most energy drinks I have tried. I rarely use one except if I am driving to Montana I'll do the 5 hour energy drink. They taste nasty but it's only a couple of ounces I chug down and then chase with coffee or water or anything to get the taste out of my mouth. I think any energy drink all the time is a bad thing

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
David2074
Lord Elwrind
David2074
Lord Elwrind
It's better than swallowing those damned horse pills. Trust me. Easier to digest than those pills too. I should know.

Maybe our bodies differ. I actually do take potassium supplements and I don't have any trouble swallowing them. They are roughly the size of an ibuprofin. I don't have trouble digesting them either but if I did that would certainly add to the 'worth it' factor of buying another source.

And yes to many other sports drinks being over hyped. Those vitamin waters make me laugh. You get more vitamins if you just chew up a kid's chewable vitamin and drink a glass of water. Also much cheaper. Most of that crap started hitting the mainstream market when the public started becoming more aware that maybe tons of carbonated sugar water is bad for you. If you bother reading most of it is put out by the same companies that make the sodas. Putting a small amount of B-12 or ginsing into a bottle of sugar water lets them sell it as a 'health' drink.

I take pills both ways (water and food) but most of the time I find they go down easier if I chew up some food until I am ready to swallow it, then mix the pills in inside my mouth and swallow. The 'food coating' helps them not stick in my throat the way some pills can with water.

Hum, I even tried drinking a bigger mouthful of liquid then swallowing. It's the size of em. And they are harder for me to digest. I had to stop taking pre-natal vitamin pills because between them and the problems with my stomach I was having, it got so I developed bleeding ulcers.

As for the ginseng, that stuff makes me sick for some reason. I avoid even the Starbuck's energy coffee drink. They don't even sell their double shots anymore because they switched it to that "health" drink stuff. (sigh)

Well, many years ago a friend taught me to take pills with food and I find that works soooo much better for me. I still take the odd pill with water but if it is a large pill or I am taking several pills then tossing them in with chewed up food (obviously not tasty to have to chew on the pills) makes them go down so much easier. Especially pills that are large and/or not coated and might be more likely to stick. Also, if a pill does stick in your throat a hot beverage (such as tea) helps wash them down much better than cold water. I assume the hot liquid helps dissolve the pill a tiny bit and 'unsticks' it.

What potency are your potassium pills? I take OTC potassium gluconate - (99 mg potassium from 595 mg potassium gluconate). They are smaller than a tylenol so not at all what I would call a 'horse pill'. If you need a significantly higher dose maybe more of a smaller size pill would be easier for you to swallow?

I'm not too familiar with Starbucks menu. We have them here (since I live on the same planet as you - haha) but if I buy out it is usually Woods or a local chain called Cruisin Coffee. So I'm not familiar with the double shot product you mentioned. Most Grande (16 oz) drinks have two shots at most vendors and I'm sure you can still just purchase two shots of espresso if you want so I'm gathering the double shot was a particular drink. Ginsing does not make me sick but I'm not wild about the flavor. It's supposed to be good for you but I'd rather have it in a supplement than as something I can taste.
(Random - if you have not seen it go to YouTube and search on Robot Chicken Starbucks. They did Starbucks parody skit about how they got the mermaid logo. I lol'd.)

Frankly I don't like the taste of most energy drinks I have tried. I rarely use one except if I am driving to Montana I'll do the 5 hour energy drink. They taste nasty but it's only a couple of ounces I chug down and then chase with coffee or water or anything to get the taste out of my mouth. I think any energy drink all the time is a bad thing

I have not known if the pills were made smaller these days. I had not used them in a long time. The trouble is that they are (or were) BIG.

The Starbucks drinks I am referring to are sold on grocery stores like their bottled Frappacinno.
I avoid all those energy drinks. Tried that 5 Hour stuff once and ended up with such a migraine! Never again!

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Nyadriel
The Starbucks drinks I am referring to are sold on grocery stores like their bottled Frappacinno.
I avoid all those energy drinks. Tried that 5 Hour stuff once and ended up with such a migraine! Never again!

Oh. I've had the bottled Starbucks iced coffee and that is all in the store shelf stuff.
When I drive to Montana I usually end using 2 of the 5 hour drinks along the way. I don't get migraines but afterwards I do feel kind of sick. I don't think that is the energy drinks so much as just being road weary from driving for 12+ hours straight and sometimes pushing 24 hours of being awake by the time I get to bed on the other end. Oh, that plus drinking coffee along the way. Mini-mart coffee really isn't that great. Oh, and did I mention junk food along the way because I don't usually take the time to stop at real restaurants. So yeah, the more I think about it - probably not the fault of the 5 hour drink. smile

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
David2074
Nyadriel

Oh. I've had the bottled Starbucks iced coffee and that is all in the store shelf stuff.
When I drive to Montana I usually end using 2 of the 5 hour drinks along the way. I don't get migraines but afterwards I do feel kind of sick. I don't think that is the energy drinks so much as just being road weary from driving for 12+ hours straight and sometimes pushing 24 hours of being awake by the time I get to bed on the other end. Oh, that plus drinking coffee along the way. Mini-mart coffee really isn't that great. Oh, and did I mention junk food along the way because I don't usually take the time to stop at real restaurants. So yeah, the more I think about it - probably not the fault of the 5 hour drink. smile

*swak!*

You need to stop and get some soup and a grilled cheese sammich along the way, man!! Comfort food to take you a long way!

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Nyadriel
David2074
Nyadriel

*swak!*

You need to stop and get some soup and a grilled cheese sammich along the way, man!! Comfort food to take you a long way!

Usually it is a bag of beef jerky and a bag of that trail mix that has the M&Ms in it. Also some Gatorade. The protein and sweet help keep me going. I augment that with hot food from truck stops when it works out with stops for gas. I used to drive from NW Washington to Idaho Falls, ID only stopping for gas (a longer run) but I'm getting older and not sure I could still do that. Usually I would rather spend the extra time visiting family than staying over in a hotel but future trips might include that hotel.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
David2074
Nyadriel
David2074
Nyadriel

*swak!*

Usually it is a bag of beef jerky and a bag of that trail mix that has the M&Ms in it. Also some Gatorade. The protein and sweet help keep me going. I augment that with hot food from truck stops when it works out with stops for gas. I used to drive from NW Washington to Idaho Falls, ID only stopping for gas (a longer run) but I'm getting older and not sure I could still do that. Usually I would rather spend the extra time visiting family than staying over in a hotel but future trips might include that hotel.
Please, stop every so often to get out and stretch your legs. Even healthy people can develop blood clots in their legs from prolonged periods of remaining virtually motionless such as long-distance drives or flights..

Clean Member

huh.... whats that mean..like we eat to much??

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
Sullen tinkerbell100
huh.... whats that mean..like we eat to much??

Naw

It means we are looking more and more towards comfort foods that we usually don't seek out on a normal basis. People are changing their tastes.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Ratttking
Please, stop every so often to get out and stretch your legs. Even healthy people can develop blood clots in their legs from prolonged periods of remaining virtually motionless such as long-distance drives or flights..

Well, I do stop every few hours for gas. In some places I stop sooner than I need to just because of the layout of the towns and the mountains and such. And my legs are not completely immobile in the van. When driving alone you can do things that would look silly on an airline flight like using your legs to bounce up and down in your seat. I'm on cruise control so I can move my feet / legs around some. I also have one of those car seats that adjusts in all directions.so I can raise the seat up and down to change the pressure point. I think the biggest factor though is I only make that run every few years. All and all I'm up and around more often than I have been on some international flights I've flown. Anyway I do pay attention to the circulation in my legs but thank you for your concern.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff