Welcome to Gaia! ::

Scarred Sword Heart
Old Blue Collar Joe
Scarred Sword Heart
What we have here is a cultural war between a government that is becoming more conservative and a populace that's becoming more liberal.

Bullshit. What we have here is a cultural war between a government that is becoming more tyrannical and controlling and a populace that has finally remembered the rights guaranteed in the constitution, and that the ******** government works for THEM, not the other way around.

Society in general is becoming more liberal and permissive. How else do you explain states moving to decriminalize MJ, support for marriage equality gaining steam, etc.? However, the conservative republicunts can't stand the changes and are digging their heels in, propagating the War on Drugs, trying to keep homosexuality in the closet and are trying to keep their place in office by sabotaging the electoral process, such as by closing the bathrooms at polling places in FL.

Schools that want to impose dress codes on students and parents are going up against a general public that has embraced casual dress, wearing jeans, t-shirts and baseball caps, many not even owning a suit anymore. We are tattooed, pierced, wear our hair in spikes and you simply have to accept us as we are. It's not the 1950s anymore. Live in the modern era or be left behind!

What federal government was busting pot shops in Cali? I think that was a democrat, not a republican. We've also got our governor in Ga, who happens to be a republican, pushing to get pot legalized for medical purposes. Yep. They're all evil.
But who's going after guns? Imposing 'free speech zones'? Telling us 'you'll just have to pass the bill before you can see whats in it'?
Who waffles more than Waffle House?
Yeah. I wasn't defending either side, and anyone dumb enough to think there's a lot of difference between the two sides is a drone.
They just go after different rights.

Time-traveling Senshi

Ferocious Kittee
And if it does pass how will they enforce it??? What will happen when a parent shows up and isn't following the dress code?

When I was in school and the times my parents would drop me off they wouldn't even get out of the car. Just drive up to the main entrance, I get out, say goodbye, then they would drive off. I don't see this working. =/

Here's the thing though, a lot of school districts are banning that practice. Parents are not allowed to sit in the car in a long pickup line to pick up their kids now. They have to go to an approved drop off and pick up place and get out of the car and if dropping off walk their kids to the door to the school where a staff member can visually see that they are accompanied by an approved parent, guardian, or family member. If they are picking up they need to go walk to the appropriate pick up spot outside of the school and the child will not be allowed to to go with the adult until it has been checked that they are going with an approved parent, guardian, or family member. Because mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, or the nanny must physically approach the door to the school then they are being seen by other parents and school staff members. It sounds like the Broward County School Board doesn't want to deal with the scandal and gossip that comes with a mom dropping off or picking up their kids before or after their aerobics or yoga class wearing their tight workout pants with the shirts that have very huge arm holes showing off their workout bras.

I know it's none of their business what parents, grandparents, and approved care givers wear day to day but I can kind of understand why they would want to try and push this through. You wouldn't want grandma showing up with the kids in the morning wearing a housecoat over capri pant pajamas and Crocs. Her pajamas might be very nicely styled and the housecoat could look like a long quilted coat with flowers on it but school staff might question grandma's mental state of mind if that's how she drops the kids off when the grandparents are staying with the kids while dad's out of town for business and mom has to go into the office early during the week because she might be a doctor, lawyer, or tax accountant. However, going through with this is ridiculous. They could just simply send out a letter to parents and ask them to dress in decent casual attire or better for pick up and drop off.

6,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
No.

I guarantee that if a student doesn't take school seriously, then it's not likely because of what they or their parents wear. And sometimes kids do take school "seriously" but are having difficulties in showing that through their grades. neutral

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
Free speech zones started under GW Bush, a republican. A republican trying to get MJ legalized? I'll believe that when I read a reputable article about it.

Friendly Ladykiller

9,550 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
Who gives a flying rats a** about what adults ******** ware to drop off their kids! Is this even a real issue? If you have time to worry about this then you have no life. Why don't you turn some of that energy from this useless project and put it into those kids who are trapped underwater in Korea? That would be a better use of my and your time.

Blessed Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Magical Girl 50
Really.........Really this?

Are people That stupid to think that we should worry about what the parents wear?

As long as it isn't too revealing or saying stuff that goes against school code, it should be a problem

What is going on with this world? emotion_facepalm

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces