Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Alleged proposals to allow Egyptian husbands to legally have sex with their dead wives for up to six hours after their death have been branded a 'complete nonsense'.

The controversial new 'farewell intercourse' law was claimed, in Arab media, to be part of a raft of measures being introduced by the Islamist-dominated parliament.
They reported it would also see the minimum age of marriage lowered to 14 and the ridding of women's

Read more

Okay from what I heard this bill has already passed but I can't find a link to see if it is true or not. To me i find this very sick.

Friendly Lunatic

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Friendly 100
naturally its the woman that gets ******** LITERALLY cry
It passed and it just goes to show that women are nothing more then just meet to them.

Lady Fox

26,050 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I can understand wanting to spent time with your deceased wife's body, such as by sitting next to them, holding their hand, and letting yourself get used to the fact that they are gone, but I just feel that having sex with your deceased partner is disrespectful. I am someone who is all about respecting the dead, and that doesn't just include their memory but their body as well.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
EW! (if true)
But everything I read basically says someone said it was a law or proposed law and the government is denying it.
Stock photos of upset women do nothing to validate the story. The one cleric who a year ago said women could also have sex with their dead husbands (wonder how that works) and prior to that said pregnant women could drink alcohol seems to be regarded as more of an extremist fringe guy the way a few 'Christian' pastors in the US are. If anyone can link me to actual wording of the legislation or even an article that is more than "People are upset about a rumor they heard..." type article I'd be interested in reading it.

At this point though it sounds more like a smear campaign much like how a republican presidential candidate was 'seen' masturbating on his balcony. All smoke and brewha but no fire.

I hate to say it but given all the other oppressive laws and customs against women in a strict Islamic society I think their husband (or even all their friends) having sex with them after they are dead are the least of their worries. It's gross but I'd rather have someone violate my dead corpse than have to deal with genital mutilation, strict dress codes, laws preventing me from getting a divorce, 'honor' killings and generally being treated as a second rate citizen my entire life. After all that and more getting boinked after you are dead is just a small insult added to a long line of injuries.

Setting aside the obvious creepy gross, necrophilia aspects of this, does anyone know of any legitimate belief or reason one might want to do this? The closest I could think of for the wife is sometimes after death a male body will have an erection. With manipulation, just maybe a small amount of sperm could be released. Not talking orgasm but possible some could travel up the tube. So if a woman did not have an heir to carry the family name just possibly she could become pregnant by her dead husband. I don't know it is possible, just tossing it out there as food for thought. Even that seems a bit desperate to me. The reverse obviously does not hold true for the husband because no way his dead wife is going to conceive a baby. It still sounds pretty gross to me. I was just trying to be opened minded to the possibility there was any religious belief or logical reason for it that wouldn't boil down to, "OMG! You are a sick gross weirdo!"

Wheezing Werewolf

10,950 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Bidding War 100
UUUUGH JUST WHY? THERE IS NOTHING AROUSING OR HONORABLE ABOUT HAVING SEX WITH A CORPSE. EGYPT WHAT THE ******** ARE YOU DOING?

Hallowed Hunter

Um, don't dead people s**t themselves. Disregarding the fact that they're dead for a moment, thas would be repulsive.

Profitable Lover

9,100 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Millionaire 200
those people are crazy ewww.

Profitable Lover

9,100 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Millionaire 200
Silversan
I can understand wanting to spent time with your deceased wife's body, such as by sitting next to them, holding their hand, and letting yourself get used to the fact that they are gone, but I just feel that having sex with your deceased partner is disrespectful. I am someone who is all about respecting the dead, and that doesn't just include their memory but their body as well.

i agree

Mega Noob

I can only find this story on tabloid newspaper sites and Israeli news networks, whatever that means.

Shy Sophomore

6,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
Our millions of aid dollars have done nothing.

Shadowy Shapeshifter

8,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
That is so f**king disgusting. Necrophiliac sickos. emotion_zombie

Aged Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Elocutionist 200
This is sick.... just completely sick.
I heard about this on the Bobby Bones show!! Yuckkk