Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Ratttking
xdivision_whitey
A mali
Head and neck injuries, huh? I guess I can understand if they want to rule out rabies. That's pretty deadly.

And so continues the origin story of Puma Kid.
As a precaution the kids going to get 3 shot in the a**. Once in the begin the next two over the course of several months. These Shot will last for 7 year if I am not mistaken. My mother had to get one.
You are mistaken. There are typically 4 vaccine shots - in the arm - administered over 3 weeks to people who may have been exposed; immunocompromised people may receive a fifth shot 28 days after the first one. A single dose of human rabies immune globulin is given along with the first vaccination. IDK where you came up with 7 years.
http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/idepc/diseases/rabies/risk/postexposure.html
My mother only had three shots around the hip area not the arm. Yes because she was bitten by a feral cat. Poor cat had a plastic bag wrapped around it and imbedded in it's skin. Cat was later on Captured taken to the vet, Bag removed, and was adopted out to a loving home. Anyways the doctor giving her the shot at that time say min. was three year but "can" last seven.

Ferocious Browser

xdivision_whitey
Eveille
Mountain lion is a threat to public safety, more like the public is a threat to the mountain lions safety =_=.

I hope they can relocate it instead of just shooting it off the cuff.
Looks like they shot it.

******** assholes. Billions of years of evolution to produce that species for that habitat and all we can do is worry about our damned needs.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
xdivision_whitey
Ratttking
xdivision_whitey
A mali
Head and neck injuries, huh? I guess I can understand if they want to rule out rabies. That's pretty deadly.

And so continues the origin story of Puma Kid.
As a precaution the kids going to get 3 shot in the a**. Once in the begin the next two over the course of several months. These Shot will last for 7 year if I am not mistaken. My mother had to get one.
You are mistaken. There are typically 4 vaccine shots - in the arm - administered over 3 weeks to people who may have been exposed; immunocompromised people may receive a fifth shot 28 days after the first one. A single dose of human rabies immune globulin is given along with the first vaccination. IDK where you came up with 7 years.
http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/idepc/diseases/rabies/risk/postexposure.html
My mother only had three shots around the hip area not the arm. Yes because she was bitten by a feral cat. Poor cat had a plastic bag wrapped around it and imbedded in it's skin. Cat was later on Captured taken to the vet, Bag removed, and was adopted out to a loving home. Anyways the doctor giving her the shot at that time say min. was three year but "can" last seven.
When was this? The treatment protocols have not always been the same; these are the current ones.

Why do cats love bags so much? I've little doubt that poor kitty got stuck like that himself. Glad he got a good home, hopefully one filled with paper bags for him to treasure.

Liberal Fatcat

7,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
Not to sound snide, but if the child is clearly alive and breathing then just leave the animal alone.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff